Looking Ahead. If The Jets Beat Denver Is it Time...

THE BARON

Since the fanboys have flamed a few of us for having several just concerns about Zach's play in the GB game, I thought it might be time to inject a little fan boy material myself.

If the Jets beat Denver convincingly and the defense is still on a tear knocking the Denver QB around the way that they did to Rodgers... Will it be time to say.

"WE WANT THE BILLS"

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

whether or not we win in Denver, we have to prove we can beat the Pats for the first time since 2015. 

Long way to go before we start dreaming about Buffalo, who is in a different class from basically everyone else, IMO. 

Patriots Schmatriots.  I already chalked that one up as win.  I want BUFFALO !!!

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No, because that would be overlooking a Patriots team that has rounded into your typical 12 win bill bellichek team.  We need to beat the team in front of us.  We have 0 business wanting any team beyond that weeks opponent.  Like Saleh said, "We have accomplished nothing."

We are not on the team, sir.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nope.

It'll be time to say "next up, lets beat the Patriots!"

One week at a time.

that's for players, not fans. fans thinking they need to focus on the current opponent as if they matter is sofa king cringy.

If the Jets win @denver we will be 5-2 and have had wins at 3 of the most difficult places to win on the road (Pitt/GB/Den). I'll be looking at a SNF flex for Bills @Jets for the division lead if we win @denver ...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

This seems completely safe. What could go wrong?

That was meant to be a bit funny, but in all seriousness... The Jets are very well appointed now and things are working.  I said before the season started that the Jets would win 10 games and possibly compete for a playoff spot if they got decent QB play and they would win about 4 games if the qb play was bad.

If Wilson is effective, the Jets are going to beat Denver and the Pats.  If Wilson is poor, they will lose both games.

Wilson really is the wild card here.  They have everything else. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Since the fanboys have flamed a few of us for having several just concerns about Zach's play in the GB game, I thought it might be time to inject a little fan boy material myself.

If the Jets beat Denver convincingly and the defense is still on a tear knocking the Denver QB around the way that they did to Rodgers... Will it be time to say.

"WE WANT THE BILLS"

No.  Just no.  this place drives me nuts.  we either have "Zach sux, tank for a QB next year", or "Saleh Sux" or "Ulbrich Sux" or we have "the Jets are better than the Bills".  why can't we just be happy this team is ahead of schedule and enjoy the ride???

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Forget the Bills.

Beating the Patriots wound he a far bigger indication that we’ve arrived than any win we’ve had thus far.

Honestly, the two game set with the Pats are probably the most important games left on our schedule in terms of Wild Card positioning.

Not to mention they’ve beaten us 12x in a row and ran the score up on us the last time we played them.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

"WE WANT THE BILLS"

Nope. Not even close. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What in the name of the last decade has you thinking we should ever look ahead of anyone, or say, "Bring on the...."

This team has me happy, and hopeful.   It also had 2 first downs in the first half of the game yesterday.  If the Pats, or Bills, or even the Broncos say, "We are putting 8 in the box until Zach makes us stop" do you have confidence RIGHT NOW that Zach can do that?

And, I like Zach.   I think he is doing what he should for right now, don't turn the ball over, don't make the big mistake.   Long term, he needs to grow into a play maker, but for these last few weeks he is doing his job.

Way too many nay sayers around here.  SUPERBOWL !!!!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Forget the Bills.

Beating the Patriots wound he a far bigger indication that we’ve arrived than any win we’ve had thus far.

Honestly, the two game set with the Pats are probably the most important games left on our schedule in terms of Wild Card positioning.

Not to mention they’ve beaten us 12x in a row and ran the score up on us the last time we played them.

Come on man... Get on board with the team for the big win.  Whatdaya say ??  WE WANT THE BILLS !!!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

"WE WANT THE BILLS"

Fanboys.

LOL

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No, because that would be overlooking a Patriots team that has rounded into your typical 12 win bill bellichek team.  We need to beat the team in front of us.  We have 0 business wanting any team beyond that weeks opponent.  Like Saleh said, "We have accomplished nothing."

Agreed, the next 3 games are lined up to where we first need to win in mile high which is always tough, then we need to defeat our nemesis NE at home, then if we can do both of those then at home we see how we stack up against the Bills, which at this point looks like the scariest team in the league. I saw the Eagles play Dallas and I think the Bills are better than the Eagles.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, chirorob said:

This team has me happy, and hopeful.   It also had 2 first downs in the first half of the game yesterday. 

truth 

they are finding ways to win but the offense isn't going to be able to run like this against everyone 

eventually the QB1 is going to have to play better than 100 yards passing 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

"WE WANT THE BILLS"

God no. We need to focus on NE who we must at minim split with thus season to get to the playoffs. Zapope looks much better than Jones too and NE defense is nasty

4 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Agreed, the next 3 games are lined up to where we first need to win in mile high which is always tough, then we need to defeat our nemesis NE at home, then if we can do both of those then at home we see how we stack up against the Bills, which at this point looks like the scariest team in the league. I saw the Eagles play Dallas and I think the Bills are better than the Eagles.

We could easily drop the next 4 games.  Very difficult schedule coming up here.  The Pats are getting better each week and you know bellichek will have the best defensive game plan we have seen so far.

Everything is sunshine and roses now.  But we could easily go on a losing streak here if we do not play really good football these next 4 games.  Man this is so exciting!

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

Unless Zap plays better than hes ever shown hes capable of the Bills will trounce us by 20.

Well... Now you've gone and ruined everything !!!!! 

I guarantee... GUARANTEE a win against the Broncos, Patriots and the Bills !!!

That is a GUARANTEE and you can hold me to it.

Don't forget, I didn't say in which season that would be.

I want to see this fan base get behind this team.  These are the new Jets.  FULL THROTLE ALL THE TIME !!!

SUPERBOWL !!!