Thank You Woody!

We should all thank Woody for getting out of the way and allowing JD to pick his HC and the last 2 drafts.    Early indications are good.

We should also be thankful that he's opened up his wallet again and in the top 5 of CASH spending in 2022.

Ignore some of the lunatics whose only bit in this website is to criticize the owner. 

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-nfl-team-spending-most-money-2022/

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Never understood the hate towards the guy

A lot of it has always seemed completely misguided.

Prime example was the Tebow fiasco. A lot of fans to this very day have it in their brains that that was a Woody move for publicity. Despite the fact that both Rex and Tanny have publicly told the story of them being at an airport, seeing the news of the Broncos signing Peyton, and both of them coming to the conclusion that they should pursue a deal for Tebow.

I’ve never seen any signs of Woody interfering in football operations.

My only criticism towards him in the past was not going after a proven, successful HC and relying on “up and coming” coordinators. But with the players completely buying into what Saleh is selling, that might not even matter anymore.

"Woody is so cheap, I bet he was making Rex/Tanny fly business class instead of first class/private"  JN Poster who thinks Woody sucks.

Rex and Tanny have publicly told the story of them being at an airport,

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

We should all thank Woody for getting out of the way and allowing JD to pick his HC and the last 2 drafts.    Early indications are good.

We should also be thankful that he's opened up his wallet again and in the top 5 of CASH spending in 2022.

Ignore some of the lunatics whose only bit in this website is to criticize the owner. 

Not yet Mrs. Johnson.  Want to see some deep play off runs.  Asking for a Super Bowl win is too much in my opinion, there Always has to be at least a little luck involved.

Woody sucks, **** that guy

Jets fans have been so unlucky with team ownership, with Hess & Woody, its sad, we deserve better.

I go back & forth between who is worse. Hess was cheap for a long time and that was very frustrating. But at least he was a war hero and a decent guy. Woody is a complete boob who fails at everything and has done nothing respectable in his life. 

• Haha 1

Just now, hotrodcharlie said:

Woody sucks, **** that guy

Jets fans have been so unlucky with team ownership, with Hess & Woody, its sad, we deserve better.

I go back & forth between who is worse. Hess was cheap for a long time and that was very frustrating. But at least he was a war hero and a decent guy. Woody is a complete boob who fails at everything and has done nothing respectable in his life. 

some could argue buying the Jets was a complete non fail.

i am sure others have said, but welcome to JN, since you joined 3 weeks ago we are undefeated!

the owner is football is different then baseball. its a cap sport. the Wilpons were cheap. they could have paid what some of the players wanted to come here.

but football. the cap is what it is. i dont see Woody or any owner telling there GM not to spend all the money. 

i remember someone here saying Woody told JD not to spend all the money on FA cause he needed 20 mil. LMAO. he worth Billions, he doesnt need to take money from his team to buy anything.

its like giving your wife 200 dollars to go food shopping and your kids calling you cheap cause she didnt buy any steak. i didnt tell her not to buy anything. she could have used the money anyway she wanted. 

the money is in the Jets account. JD can use it anyway he wants

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Yeah woody has done gear since listening to Joe. It he is about to reap the rewards. To be fair woody has always wanted to succeed just never had the pieces in place to get there. Then over the years the team and front office morphed slowly into this terrible disfuctional apparatus. Thankfully joe reestablished the structure and hit on some recent drafts while learning the deck for improvement 

• Upvote 1

I got excited by the thread title. Thought for sure I'd enter to read he had died.

No, not thank you for anything Woody.

The reason I'm scarred and only able to cautiously enjoy the this turnaround is because of Woody Johnson. He has failed this organization for a long, long time. You know why? Because he's a worthless moron who's never worked a day in his life. Inherited everything he has, earned none of it. 

He's why we've sucked for 173 years and he is why we play in a giant window unit air-conditioner with the Giants in a random parking lot in the swamp of North Jersey. He's why we have one of the worst sports fans experiences, in one of the world venues and locations in the entire country. But yeah... thanks Woody ?

37 minutes ago, doitny said:

the owner is football is different then baseball. its a cap sport. the Wilpons were cheap. they could have paid what some of the players wanted to come here.

but football. the cap is what it is. i dont see Woody or any owner telling there GM not to spend all the money. 

i remember someone here saying Woody told JD not to spend all the money on FA cause he needed 20 mil. LMAO. he worth Billions, he doesnt need to take money from his team to buy anything.

its like giving your wife 200 dollars to go food shopping and your kids calling you cheap cause she didnt buy any steak. i didnt tell her not to buy anything. she could have used the money anyway she wanted. 

the money is in the Jets account. JD can use it anyway he wants

paging Bitoni paging Bitoni

lol, those folks saying that just clueless but even after pointing the facts out they don't want to acknowledge it

• Upvote 1

Woody has really only made two mistakes, and sadly it was those mistakes that led to a franchise altering death spiral. Mistake #1: Hiring John Idzik. The hiring of Idzik led to the firing of Idzik and Rex Ryan -- Mistake #2:  Woody made the terrible mistake of relying on the NFL to right the franchise and allowed Charlie Casserly to lead the search for a new GM and Coach. That search begot Mac, who upon reviewing the results of the Idzik drafts, cinched up his britches and said to Todd Bolwes, hold my Dunkin Donuts coffee while I send this franchise into a death spiral.

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Woody didn't do SH-T !!!!! He's just another brain-dead owner .

Not nearly as brain dead as reading a post thanking Woody for staying out of the way and neg repping it.

Guess you’d be happy with Woody getting involved 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

lol we win 3 games in a row and suddenly you think its because Johnson miraculously stepped aside? 

canadian ok GIF by CBC

1 hour ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Those people would be fans of other football teams :) 

--

and yes I am aware the Jets are undefeated since I joined, hope to keep posting so they dont lose but it might be a coincidence! ?

It's you or it's me.  I got my season tickets and they immediately sailed in to the toilet of the NFL.  I notified the Jets I wouldn't be renewing my tickets.  4-1 since.  So, I guess it's I'm sorry and you're welcome at the same time!

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Kolchak said:

It's you or it's me.  I got my season tickets and they immediately sailed in to the toilet of the NFL.  I notified the Jets I wouldn't be renewing my tickets.  4-1 since.  So, I guess it's I'm sorry and you're welcome at the same time!

Burn your Jets merch, I want this winning streak to continue

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

i don't disagree.   I think he's been okay except for his bad GMs and the results due to this.

His GM's (and Coaches) haven't been the best, but they weren't bad hires, per se.  

i.e. he didn't hire his hairdresser or some other unqualified, unrecommended schlub to these jobs.

All the hires were "reasonable", even if all of them also failed pretty miserably.

And we should note, alot of the processes he went through (getting consultants) were good, even if they also failed to deliver.

And he seemed to learn from the mistakes, changing to Org. to be GM over the Head Coach.

So yeah, alot of failed hires, certainly, but not the worst process guy I've seen.

• Upvote 1

If not for douchebag Dolan, Woody would have had a stadium on the West side. Most JETS fans would have appreciated that. I get not a lot of tailgating, but it would have been a much better stadium than either of the 2 abominations in the swamps of NJ, and I'm from NJ, just not near the swamp lol..

Seriously, Woody has had his WTF moves, but I'm hoping he's learned from his mistakes and will let JD do his thing. The only way JD gets fired now is if he poops the bed in the next few years. he's got cart blanche at the moment. I've been begging for a PofFO for so long, and maybe it just might be JD now.