Is anyone surprised? I sure am

AL047

After watching these last three games especially against the Packers, I say they opened up everyone's eyes!!!

I was shocked on how they manhandled Rodgers and the offense!!!! They came out to prove that they are a team to reckon with and they are not the S O J!!!! I really can't wait to see them play the Bills and Patriots!!!! They are not going to play a easy game anymore, they are facing a young team with an attitude to win!!!!

Teams were put on notice and now, and they can't take this Jets team for granted anymore!!!!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AL047 said:

After watching these last three games especially against the Packers, I say they opened up everyone's eyes!!!

I was shocked on how they manhandled Rodgers and the offense!!!! They came out to prove that they are a team to reckon with and they are not the S O J!!!! I really can't wait to see them play the Bills and Patriots!!!! They are not going to play a easy game anymore, they are facing a young team with an attitude to win!!!!

Teams were put on notice and now, and they can't take this Jets team for granted anymore!!!!!

I am shocked by this Jets team!!  The way they have come together so quickly is mind boggling.

I expected the Jets to win 6 or 7 games at most.  Now, 6 or 7 wins would be looked upon as an enormous failure.  

Isn't it wonderful to be wrong!  I am so happy that I was wrong about this team.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, AL047 said:

It's nice to feel like we have a competent team. 

I haven't seen anything to remind me of the NY Sack Exchange since...welll...the NY Sack Exchange.  

This unit feels like it could wear the mantle (respectfully).  They are wrecking QBs hopes and dreams steadily for the past three weeks.  Do it again vs. Russ please!  That, to me, is the most welcome surprise.

11 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Saleh had been saying it was just a matter of "flipping a switch" once his players figured things out. And, it certainly seems it was. I'm excited for both the present and the future of the Jets organization. It's been a long time coming.  

Yup, he told us it was bubbling under the service.  It had exploded.  Not surprised at all.

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Read another article that the last 2 games and much more against the Packers the Jets have been running a lot more 12 personel meaning those are 2 TE sets of course and that does reduce WRs snaps, but is what is needed for the Power running O, and allows each TE to also get attempts at catching as we saw. But, the key is until teams can stop the power running game you have to ride with it. For teams that can stop it we then start having some more 11 personel with single TE and 2 RBs which is where they have Hall and Carter on the field at the same time, or instead 1 RB and the extra WR which would be either Berrios with his Jet Sweeps or Moore along with the starter Wilson and Davis, and in these cases we have to live and die with Zack throwing more, which we will do. He can do it, but may fail at times like we see even the best fail like we saw Mahomes fail on Sunday night. 

This is spot on. And it's what frustrated me about Elijah's comments last night - he is a super student of the game and will realize that if he had one target (that was kind of hopeless), I don't think any of our receivers caught more than 2-3 balls. 

It happens sometimes that you can run the ball down the opponent's throat and when you can, you can't let it. He knows ALL of that, so it's annoying to read he doesn't understand...

4 minutes ago, Vader said:

The Pack looked like crap. If I didn't know anything watching them play I would have thought they were a 1 win team. Maybe we made them look that way. Maybe they truly suck.

That offense is feckless without Adams. 

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

Rogers looked out of it. Maybe that was us. Maybe he really was more injured than thought and jus didn't want to give Love the ball.

whoa whoa whoa

don't even entertain that negative notion

he was clearly faking it to cover up how badly we were beating him

positive vibes only

• Haha 1

This team is following the 49ers blueprint to a T

9ers were a pathetic 3 win team in 2017 and they drafted the peices necessary. After the full install of the offense and defense the Niners have flourished. Same way I see the jets. Last season was installation, and this season were starting to see it come to fruition.

I am definitely surprised.

Sitting at 1-2 which included a miracle victory in Cleveland, I was very close to throwing in the towel on Douglas and Saleh.  The results simply weren't good enough.  It was looking like a failed rebuild in all honesty.

It's amazing how quickly perceptions can change in three weeks.  Many of us having been asking for results, not just hopes and dreams, and the Jets are finally starting to deliver.  They have two victories on the road in places that are historically difficult to win in.  They have a division win, the first in 13 games.

This is a young team with many key contributors being first and second year players.  They are learning how to win in this league.  It has been very encouraging to see the team impose their will on their opponents in the 4th quarter of games the past three weeks.  It reminds me of how the Jets were operating at the end of the 2009 season.  It's been a long time coming, and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm surprised.  If things continue to trend up, I won't be afraid to admit I was dead wrong.

21 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I can see them being competitive with the Bills for a half, but don’t think they’re ready for them yet. 
They have a better chance at upsetting the Chiefs like the Bengals, but even that’s a 1/1000 shot. 

They better kick the Pat’s teeth in. 

I'd be stunned if we kicked the Pats' teeth in.  I'd be thrilled if we got a split against them.  I think those games are going to be very close.  We'll learn a lot about Saleh when he coaches against BB.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

They will be LOW  scoring games

Meh. The Pats aren't the Pats who owned us the last two decades. They are slowly going back to be the nothings they were. We put 40 on the fins, 31 on the turds, and 27 on Rodgers in Lambeau. Belichick doesn't watch out, we'll drop a few dozen on him too.