Another BS narrative to put to bed

AFJF

These WR’s have to be patient while Zach just tries to get by and grow. It’s the right thing to do and gives Zach a chance to be decent. I personally think he sucks but he has shown flashes and comeback ability which buys him more time.

If the team can win and function well in other phases while buying Zach time to grow, that’s the best case scenario. As long as he isn’t holding back the offense too much, the WR’s will just have to deal with it for a while and master their routes etc. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Zzzz 33/98 puts him barely above average. He is our #4 option behind Davis, Wilson, and Hall. Not even including TE. We threw 18 passes, he had one thrown his way. What more do you want? 

this is a young team playing through their running game. moore was top 3 in targets for WR's every week before GB.

Is he mad they are not scheming him open, moving him around, and forcing him the ball? too bad, its not about you its about the team.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Can't remember who said it and was wrong.  Don't care.  It shows up every week on the All 22 and reiterated here by Seth Walder who tracks metrics like this.

Elijah Moore is getting separation at an "above average" rate.

He's a stud.  He's open.  He's not getting the ball thrown his way.  Just like much of last season.

oh no you didnt. you didnt just say that Zach cant find the open WR did you? 

im going to get some popcorn and wait for the Zach squad to come fight with you..

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

The team doesn't exist for his benefit. When the team is winning he should man up, not be a twat about it, and not start drama about targets. Talk about it in the WR room, and with ZW, as opposed to on social media.  He needs to keep getting open, and the ball will come his way. Does the stat take into account how often he was open, and the QB was scrambling to stay alive, or when another WR was open too? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Barton said:

Did you guys see the throws from Wilson yesterday? Balls were behind the receivers all game. Just horrible. And when he wasnt doing that, he was running backwards in the pocket. Reminds me of the 2009/10 Jets who had a good team but were held back by a boob QB.

They were wobbly also.  Wilson had a scary bad game yesterday but people are excited about the win and our record so they are denying reality. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

That means that if the WRs were distributed evenly among teams there would be one WR on each team +1 that gets better separation than Elijah Moore. Combine that with being a little smaller and the fact that Zach needs to build better chemistry and I think it all just needs time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Can't remember who said it and was wrong.  Don't care.  It shows up every week on the All 22 and reiterated here by Seth Walder who tracks metrics like this.

He's a stud.  He's open.  He's not getting the ball thrown his way.  Just like much of last season.

Do they post these open scores anywhere? My ten second google search proved fruitless. 

16 minutes ago, Hex said:

That means that if the WRs were distributed evenly among teams there would be one WR on each team +1 that gets better separation than Elijah Moore. Combine that with being a little smaller and the fact that Zach needs to build better chemistry and I think it all just needs time.

It measures separation at the point of the catch, so you see a lot of average TEs and slot receivers with higher separation numbers because they’re sitting open against zone coverages. Tyler Conklin and Hayden Hurst have an average separation of 4.8 yards because they’re running uncovered underneath. WR1 and WR2 generally don’t have that luxury, so their separation numbers are a lot smaller. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Elijah, stay strong and take it from Led Zeppelin (AFJF, that's a British rock band from the late 60s, 70s in case you never listened to them before):

Funny you bring up Led Zeppelin.

I’ve been listening to Raising Sand tonight, an album Robert Plant made with Allison Krauss about 10 years ago? She’s phenomenal.

Check it out if you get a chance. It pretty much swept the Grammys the year it was released. 
Two singles Please read the letter and gone, gone, gone are on YouTube. I don’t know how to inbed them here…

• Sympathy 3

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Is top third considered  stud?

2 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Zzzz 33/98 puts him barely above average. He is our #4 option behind Davis, Wilson, and Hall. Not even including TE. We threw 18 passes, he had one thrown his way. What more do you want? 

Probably not the week to complain.  Maybe should have gotten two more throws

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Congrats on falling for the cimini troll thread that is attempting to create drama within the jets and ruin a good start to the season. 

• Upvote 2

Zach is underachieving right now and it’s negatively impacting the passing personnel from a production stand point. Got to hope he pulls it together. So far, he played well against Miami, poorly against GB and was mixed against Pittsburg. We’ve seen flashes but there are an equal amount of red flags. It’s concerning. Hopefully he figures it out.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thanks. Looks like Garrett Wilson and Moore are basically tied in the category if I’m reading it right… ? 

Posted in another thread on the subject, but Moore’s snaps have dropped from no less than 87% the first four games to 66% against Miami and 58% against Green Bay. Would seem his issue is more with the coaching staff than Zach. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Thanks. Looks like Garrett Wilson and Moore are basically tied in the category if I’m reading it right… ? 

Posted in another thread on the subject, but Moore’s snaps have dropped from no less than 87% the first four games to 66% against Miami and 58% against Green Bay. Would seem his issue is more with the coaching staff than Zach. 

WRs are histrionic. None of them are ok with not seeing the ball. Moore thinks he’s in that AJ Brown/DK Metcalf/Jaylen Waddle tier of receivers that should get ten targets per week. If it was just Moore whose stats went in the tank when Zach came back, that’d be one thing, but Garrett Wilson has disappeared, too. Obviously, running the ball and limiting horrific pass attempts has been beneficial for the team, but it’s not reasonable to expect your highly-drafted receivers to be cool for an extended period of time with being an extension of the offensive line. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, slats said:

GW snaps has been going down too. 77% vs Pitt, 56% vs Miami and 44% vs GB. 

maybe we are going with 2 TEs to help with the run? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Of course he does. Im just ******* with him over a CCR thread he started recently haha

Found a CCR tribute band the other day that I'm thinking about checking out.  It would appear they're not some small-time guys either.  They're playing a venue in London that holds a few thousand people at around $45 a ticket.  Very tempting.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Did you guys see the throws from Wilson yesterday? Balls were behind the receivers all game. Just horrible. And when he wasnt doing that, he was running backwards in the pocket. Reminds me of the 2009/10 Jets who had a good team but were held back by a boob QB.

So you admit that Mark Sanchez had nice boobs. Interesting.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

Isn't it just the team playing more double TE sets in order to capitalize on Breece and Carter dominating as the opposition gets tired? 

Zach has been playing his best in the fourth quarter but only threw a couple of times in the second half at all yesterday because we didn't need too. 

I like Elijah a bunch, but the reality is he just isn't flattered by the routes he is running on the outside and getting less playing time because another set is really working.  I'd love to see him get more time in the slot and Garrett more outside. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Are their “new” metrics equivalent to what pff utilizes?