Panthers fans want Mike LaFleur as their next coach

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Surprised the want '10 passes for 100 yards' LeFleur....thought they'd be after '4-sacks and 12-hits' Ulbrich and Team's coach Bryant Boyer (you know, since Bryant's squad outscored Rogers and the entire Packers offense!)

@RutgersJetFan please call Carolina a fly over state when you post in this thread. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

If we are crediting LaFleur and Saleh, why would we want Payton. And, if Payton only wants to go to a winner, what is he bringing. Yeah, lets boot the CS and JD to get Payton after the current staff is starting to bring the team together.

The single most important player on this team is ZW.  Who do you trust to develop him better?  Saleh/Mike Lafleur or Sean Payton (and whichever OC he chooses)?

I do like LaFleur but I'll take the Payton (and his OC) option.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The single most important player on this team is ZW.  Who do you trust to develop him better?  Saleh/Mike Lafleur or Sean Payton (and whichever OC he chooses)?

The Jets are making the playoffs this year. Which puts LaFleur at risk. It also secures Saleh's job because what they are building right now is pretty impressive.

• Sympathy 2

Plenty of youngsters get head coaching jobs earlier than most originally thought. If a team comes calling and puts a great deal in front of him, he’s most likely a goner whether we think he’s ready or not. If this team keeps on their winning ways, he will become one of the hotter names going into the off-season. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Still with the Sean Payton nonsense?  What a waste of time to even through that out there.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No offense, who has a Payton developed?  Brees was developed in SD, came in to NO ready to go.  I don’t know how you can say Payton would do a better job

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

no - it makes sense; after 3 years of JD and 6 games into season 2 - we are winning and people are taking the Jets seriously - it is definitely time to bring the circus back - good grief.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are making the playoffs this year. Which puts LaFleur at risk. It also secures Saleh's job because what they are building right now is pretty impressive.

I agree that Saleh's job is going to be secure if we continue to progress like we have.  And I know that it would be unrealistic to bring in Payton in such a circumstance. 

However, I'll be very interested to see how Saleh holds up against BB when we play the Pats.  If Saleh gets badly out-coached then I'll start feeling like he's going to be a limiting factor to any potential success we might have.  The goal of this team is to win it all so we certainly don't want our HC to be a limiting factor.

I'm not sure if others agree but I think of Payton as an upper echelon HC.  We know he can win a Super Bowl. 

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No offense, who has a Payton developed?  Brees was developed in SD, came in to NO ready to go.  I don’t know how you can say Payton would do a better job

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but, to me, Sean Payton helped transform Brees into a superstar.  Look at the yardage numbers in SD vs NOR.   From 3,576 to 4,418 in 1 season (close to a 1,000 yard increase).  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00.htm

image.png.fb6fdce07684fa39f843428579cd1127.png