Watched first half all 22

GandWFan

24 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Guess what?  No one was open.  Receivers were blanketed for the most part.  Also, the near interception in the end zone was ill advised, but really showed off 2 things.  Zach threw a pretty accurate pass from the 25 yard line to the end zone with a flick of the wrist, while falling out of bounds!  Very Rogers like.  Second, that he REALLY trusts Corey Davis.  I doubt he throws that to anyone else.  And it paid off.  Corey broke up the INT.

Will watch the second half later.

Btw.  It is much more enjoyable watching the game without the anxiety of pulling for a win!

I thought Corey could have made a better effort on that play. Had he not waited for the ball, come towards Zach a step and extended his hands (instead of letting the ball come to his body) that's probably a TD. Am I wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Thanks for this. I was wondering the same thing, on the tv showing it seems every WR he was throwing to was covered. Did you notice if there were open guys underneath like backs or TE? It appears GB was playing mostly man. Maybe should have called more crossers, slants, rub routes to beat man coverage?

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Guess what?  No one was open.  Receivers were blanketed for the most part.  Also, the near interception in the end zone was ill advised, but really showed off 2 things.  Zach threw a pretty accurate pass from the 25 yard line to the end zone with a flick of the wrist, while falling out of bounds!  Very Rogers like.  Second, that he REALLY trusts Corey Davis.  I doubt he throws that to anyone else.  And it paid off.  Corey broke up the INT.

Btw.  It is much more enjoyable watching the game without the anxiety of pulling for a win!

Yep. Exactly what I saw. Routes were short too. I don't think they ran much past 10-15 yards. But every pass was pretty much covered. That's why every throw was close. There were some plays where guys were on top of each other (someone running the wrong route) making it congested. By that time pressure was in Zach's face. 

That throw into the end zone was absolutely terrible lol. I see what he was trying to do but IMO he needs to learn to stop and reset when he's rolling out. He often has time to do so but he thinks he can just let it rip and make it. 

But yeah, there was nothing to be had in the first half. Think LeFluer could have done a little better too.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Could definitely see this being the case. But some of the throws Zach did make when the receiver was covered were off line. The out to G Wilson comes to mind. If he places that ball right that’s a completion. 

I will give ZW benefit of the doubt until I’m sure he’s not the answer, not because I’m a blind homer or I just really want him to be good but because his natural arm talent is better than anything I’ve ever seen on a Jet QB. It’s tantalizing 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

right.  give some credit to the packers defense.  they got pressure and pretty much locked up the jet receivers.  it happens.  but wilson also was able to make it count when he had to with that pass to davis.  the game underscores the need for a really good run game to go along with a good passing game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Could definitely see this being the case. But some of the throws Zach did make when the receiver was covered were off line. The out to G Wilson comes to mind. If he places that ball right that’s a completion. 

I will give ZW benefit of the doubt until I’m sure he’s not the answer, not because I’m a blind homer or I just really want him to be good but because his natural arm talent is better than anything I’ve ever seen on a Jet QB. It’s tantalizing 

I mean...a QB isn't gonna complete every single pass lol. Sure it could have been better. But overall things were covered up pretty well. 

No…this cannot be right….because Zach sux…..that is the only reason

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Green Bay has the #1 pass defense in the NFL in terms of yards allowed per game. 

No they don’t. They’re not even top 10.

Our next opponent is #1.

Edit: Apologies I read that as YPA. They have faced less passing attempts than anyone in the league. 

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

Here is Zach's passing chart from Sunday.  2 passes more than 15 yards from the line of scrimmage in the game.  When the opposing defense only has to defend 10 yards, that is making it awfully easy on them.  We need to make defenses defend a lot more of the field than we did on Sunday.  Don't think it was coincidence that our biggest runs came after the 40 yard completion to Davis. 

image.png

Interesting chart.  Curious how all this fits in to Moore's b!tching.  Was he running clear out routes for this underneath stuff?  Was he simply not getting open?  Or was Zach not looking at him?  

I was bemoaning the fact that we never take deep shots if only to loosen up the defense and draw a potential PI.  Then we take it deep once and our WR (forget who it was) was covered so well I think he was eclipsed on screen by the Packer defending him.  We could definitely use a burner next year.  Not Robbie Anderson but someone the defense has to respect over the top.  Right now our receivers all seem to run similar types of routes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

Interesting chart.  Curious how all this fits in to Moore's b!tching.  Was he running clear out routes for this underneath stuff?  Was he simply not getting open?  Or was Zach not looking at him?  

He was covered like everyone else. They also ran a bunch of two TE sets and subbed him out for Berrios on a handful of plays as well. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

I was bemoaning the fact that we never take deep shots if only to loosen up the defense and draw a potential PI.  Then we take it deep once and our WR (forget who it was) was covered so well I think he was eclipsed on screen by the Packer defending him.  We could definitely use a burner next year.  Not Robbie Anderson but someone the defense has to respect over the top.  Right now our receivers all seem to run similar types of routes.

Moore - 4.34

Wilson - 4.38

Mims - 4.38

We don't need another WR to have a fast one.

Oh yeah...almost forgot... Hall - 4.39

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

I thought Corey could have made a better effort on that play. Had he not waited for the ball, come towards Zach a step and extended his hands (instead of letting the ball come to his body) that's probably a TD. Am I wrong?

I thought the same thing on that play.  The replay showed the ball was just about perfectly thrown and looked like Corey Davis waited for it to come to him, had he taken a step inside to the ball it was a TD.

Not blaming Corey Davis at all, just a "what if..."

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That throw into the end zone was absolutely terrible lol. I see what he was trying to do but IMO he needs to learn to stop and reset when he's rolling out.

it was not a bad throw at all.  It was actually perfectly thrown.  

You want to say it was a bad decision - maybe, but he gave his WR a chance to make a play.  I have no problem with the choice.  It almost worked, it was almost an INT.  I have no problem taking a chance.

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

it was not a bad throw at all.  It was actually perfectly thrown.  

You want to say it was a bad decision - maybe, but he gave his WR a chance to make a play.  I have no problem with the choice.  It almost worked, it was almost an INT.  I have no problem taking a chance.

Looked like a play from the book of Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

44 minutes ago, Hael said:

ZW looked like the same QB he was for the majority of last season.  He does well when he is unpressured, and his first read is correct and open.  He does well against zone.

He does not do well when the plan breaks down, and its pretty evident in his footwork.

Young QBs frequently have this problem, but it is something that needs to get better week in and week out.  There is a graveyard of qbs that never get past this (see Blake Bortles, RG3 etc etc)

I am sorry to say - except for "He does well when he us unpressured" - this is almost entirely incorrect.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Yeah, that was Moore.  Go route where he could not get past the defender.  Pretty much stopped running at the end.  Complain more Elisha.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Here is Zach's passing chart from Sunday.  2 passes more than 15 yards from the line of scrimmage in the game.  When the opposing defense only has to defend 10 yards, that is making it awfully easy on them.  We need to make defenses defend a lot more of the field than we did on Sunday.  Don't think it was coincidence that our biggest runs came after the 40 yard completion to Davis. 

image.png

Does this take into account - anything, at all, to deal with the actual purpose of this post.

That no one was open.  Is it your assessment that Zach should throw the ball downfield even if no one is open rather than taking the shorter pass - that might be open?

Look, I get it, we want to push the ball downfield, I'm sure Zach does too - his big arm is the advantage he brings...But if it's not there the only thing he can do by forcing it is lose the game for you.  

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Thanks for this. I was wondering the same thing, on the tv showing it seems every WR he was throwing to was covered. Did you notice if there were open guys underneath like backs or TE? It appears GB was playing mostly man. Maybe should have called more crossers, slants, rub routes to beat man coverage?

The Jets were mostly in 21, and usually kept one TE in to block, so only 3 receivers out to throw to, and the were covered.  No where to go, so he held the ball.

• Upvote 2