Jump to content

Watched first half all 22


GandWFan

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

it was not a bad throw at all.  It was actually perfectly thrown.  

You want to say it was a bad decision - maybe, but he gave his WR a chance to make a play.  I have no problem with the choice.  It almost worked, it was almost an INT.  I have no problem taking a chance.

If it was perfectly thrown, it would have been a TD. No? So you're saying the WR did a bad job? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

If it was perfectly thrown, it would have been a TD. No? So you're saying the WR did a bad job? 

Not at all.  I literally stated that in the post.

I don't blame Davis at all- just pointing out a "what if..."  It's a scramble play - had Davis even stepped in front of the DB it would have been PI or taken a step to the ball it's a TD.  

He didn't, not his fault, just the way it played out.  

Only point is, I have no problem with the chance and it wasn't a "bad throw"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not at all.  I literally stated that in the post.

I don't blame Davis at all- just pointing out a "what if..."  It's a scramble play - had Davis even stepped in front of the DB it would have been PI or taken a step to the ball it's a TD.  

He didn't, not his fault, just the way it played out.  

Only point is, I have no problem with the chance and it wasn't a "bad throw"

Lol. Uh okay.

I like that he took a chance too....still a bad throw. It didn't come close. It's okay to say he had a bad throw lol. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Here is Zach's passing chart from Sunday.  2 passes more than 15 yards from the line of scrimmage in the game.  When the opposing defense only has to defend 10 yards, that is making it awfully easy on them.  We need to make defenses defend a lot more of the field than we did on Sunday.  Don't think it was coincidence that our biggest runs came after the 40 yard completion to Davis. 

image.png

I'm not disagreeing, but does this mean they were only defending <10 yards, or that's where he threw it because they were defending the deep ball well. Haven't watched the all-22 myself, and I don't blindly trust commentators when they say no one was open (they say it all the time even as the replay shows someone open by 2 yards still in stride without safety help up top). 

So it wouldn't be that bad to re-watch; he didn't drop back to pass but 20x and I don't remember offhand how many of those - including the sacks he didn't get a pass off - where he quickly went to an obvious first read. Even the long completion to Davis was a busted play he was motioning for him to run deeper. He had one throwaway from the EZ; presumably the distribution chart you posted doesn't count the "player in the vicinity" as an actual, intended target. Still, it doesn't mean that play contained only quick 5-8 yard slants or anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. Uh okay.

I like that he took a chance too....still a bad throw. It didn't come close. It's okay to say he had a bad throw lol. 

 

He put the ball right where he wanted to..2:38 mark....this doesn't have the behind Corey Davis angle - but they did during the game and you can really see it better. 

The defender comes around Davis's back to dive to break it up - but otherwise it was right in Davis's hand.  If you want to play condescending LOL sh*t, please go elsewhere from now on...

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. Uh okay.

I like that he took a chance....still a bad throw. It didn't come close. It's okay to say he had a bad throw lol.

Actually, it looked a lot worse on the live broadcast than the all 22.  The throw was right at Corey, with only one defender with a chance at the ball.  When Zach threw it Corey was open with only one defender with the ability to get there.  Unfortunately, he got there.  

It wasn't a bad pass at all.  It came very close.  Without the defender stepping in front of Davis, it is a TD.

The most amazing thing is that Zach was on the run and falling out of bounds when he just flicked it 30 yards on a line.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Guess what?  No one was open.  Receivers were blanketed for the most part.  Also, the near interception in the end zone was ill advised, but really showed off 2 things.  Zach threw a pretty accurate pass from the 25 yard line to the end zone with a flick of the wrist, while falling out of bounds!  Very Rogers like.  Second, that he REALLY trusts Corey Davis.  I doubt he throws that to anyone else.  And it paid off.  Corey broke up the INT.

Will watch the second half later.

Btw.  It is much more enjoyable watching the game without the anxiety of pulling for a win!

Pretty much said this when seeing some Jet fans was throwing their hands up at Zach being sub-par and seeing Moore complain about targets. Sometimes you just have to credit the other team for a job well done. The Packers secondary really did a good job bottling up the Jet receivers. Even when Zach had time he had nobody to throw to and he either had to take a sack, scramble, check down or force a tough throw that went incomplete. 

I think the few good pass plays we got in the second half were a result of our running game and the Packers secondary/safeties having to move up into the box, something they typically do not do. But you can tell me that once you watch the second half on all 22.   

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched the All 22. Zach played a decent game not a bad game as I first thought. He didn’t struggle with the short ball game and I didn’t see him miss seeing any wide open receivers.

On his first sack, he should have escaped the pocket because of pressure up the middle. I don’t know why he blindly rolled to the left when there was room to escape to the right. He never should have thrown that ball to the end zone unless he could have got it to the back of the end zone high to give only Corey a chance to catch it. Corey was wide open earlier in the play. I’m not holding it against Zach as he was sprinting to get away from a defender in his face when Corey was coming open. 

Zach definitely has room to improve. He is making less mistakes which is encouraging. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Daniel Jones and the Giants pass catchers are probably all stars if they were able to do anything against the vaunted GB pass defense.

Checks notes… realizes Jones completed over 70% of his passes, 100 QB rating, 1 sack, with no turnovers, while throwing to jags.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Guess what?  No one was open.  Receivers were blanketed for the most part.  Also, the near interception in the end zone was ill advised, but really showed off 2 things.  Zach threw a pretty accurate pass from the 25 yard line to the end zone with a flick of the wrist, while falling out of bounds!  Very Rogers like.  Second, that he REALLY trusts Corey Davis.  I doubt he throws that to anyone else.  And it paid off.  Corey broke up the INT.

Will watch the second half later.

Btw.  It is much more enjoyable watching the game without the anxiety of pulling for a win!

Thanks, that’s a relief to hear.

Jaire Alexander is awesome- totally shut down GW.  Special player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Who's saying this?  I've only see a few people on this forum who stated as much.

For the most part, I think people are waiting to see a more finished product.

really?  seems like every other thread is about how bad he is.  it's just getting annoying.  the team is finally doing well, and you come on here to be happy and have to see this crap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my opinion watching Zach, he is best when he gets into a rhythm.  

This has sometimes been difficult due to the commitment to and the strength of the run game.  

1. Steelers:  Stubbornly running on 1st & 2nd down, leaving Zach with 3rd & longs.  When he was given the opportunity to throw on 1st & 2nd, he led a ferocious comeback.  Zach had a huge impact on the win while the running game never got going.  

2. Dolphins:  The running game was working early & often.  Zach played the game manager role well, hitting on some important passes while limiting bad plays.

3. Packers:  Zach and the passing game were overmatched the first half, but it was everyone's fault including LaFleur.  Kudos to the Pack for good pressure and great coverage.  

Zach had a few errant throws, including a couple to Wilson that could have kept drives alive (he was behind him on the sideline and in front of him on the slant from near the goal line).  

But again, he was never allowed to establish any sort of rhythm or confidence.  Part of that is on LaFleur who called a tremendous second half but had a poor grade first half.  Run, run, pass is not necessarily the best way to build your quarterback up and get him some easy throws and completions.  An important thing going forward is to get Zach and the running game going early on.  A couple easy passes on first & second down.  Roll Zach out more....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GandWFan said:

Actually, it looked a lot worse on the live broadcast than the all 22.  The throw was right at Corey, with only one defender with a chance at the ball.  When Zach threw it Corey was open with only one defender with the ability to get there.  Unfortunately, he got there.  

It wasn't a bad pass at all.  It came very close.  Without the defender stepping in front of Davis, it is a TD.

The most amazing thing is that Zach was on the run and falling out of bounds when he just flicked it 30 yards on a line.

Corey was open? Ehhhhh...where?

He's got two defenders in front of Davis as he's letting go. I get where he WANTS to put it, that back part of the endzone (top of the S). Just doesn't get there. The defender dove for the ball with Davis coming from behind to break it up.  

1670788110_ScreenShot2022-10-18at6_43_59PM.thumb.png.fd3ffc17d142690f75f1f507e579cfb4.png

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jNYC1 said:

Daniel Jones and the Giants pass catchers are probably all stars if they were able to do anything against the vaunted GB pass defense.

Checks notes… realizes Jones completed over 70% of his passes, 100 QB rating, 1 sack, with no turnovers, while throwing to jags.

 

Darius Slayton had six catches on seven targets for 79 yards. Previously, he was banished to the phantom zone by Daboll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GandWFan said:

Actually, it looked a lot worse on the live broadcast than the all 22.  The throw was right at Corey, with only one defender with a chance at the ball.  When Zach threw it Corey was open with only one defender with the ability to get there.  Unfortunately, he got there.  

It wasn't a bad pass at all.  It came very close.  Without the defender stepping in front of Davis, it is a TD.

The most amazing thing is that Zach was on the run and falling out of bounds when he just flicked it 30 yards on a line.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

 

He put the ball right where he wanted to..2:38 mark....this doesn't have the behind Corey Davis angle - but they did during the game and you can really see it better. 

The defender comes around Davis's back to dive to break it up - but otherwise it was right in Davis's hand.  If you want to play condescending LOL sh*t, please go elsewhere from now on...

 

It was an athletic play by Zach.  But read what you are saying here.  Unfortunately, a defender got to it but "it wasn't a bad pass at all".

If a defender can get to a ball, it's a bad pass in some way, shape or form.  Had Zach put more air under it towards the middle of the endzone, CD may have been the only one able to get a hand on it.  That would have been a perfect pass.  QBs need to take defenders into account, that's why they lead receivers away from them.

And had the DB caught it, you'd still say it wasn't a bad pass at all?  I'm not railing on Zach because of this throw, but this was only a perfect pass in dreamland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

It was an athletic play by Zach.  But read what you are saying here.  Unfortunately, a defender got to it but "it wasn't a bad pass at all".

If a defender can get to a ball, it's a bad pass in some way, shape or form.  Had Zach put more air under it towards the middle of the endzone, CD may have been the only one able to get a hand on it.  That would have been a perfect pass.  QBs need to take defenders into account, that's why they lead receivers away from them.

And had the DB caught it, you'd still say it wasn't a bad pass at all?  I'm not railing on Zach because of this throw, but this was only a perfect pass in dreamland.

Eh, that's not what was being discussed.  You're jumping into a conversation without the full context.

We were discussing the accuracy of the throw - he put the ball where he wanted and it was a good throw.  It didn't result in a TD - but it required a diving break-up by the DB.  

It wasn't nearly as bad as being described by many on this board.  When reviewing it in detail there was little chance of an INT and surely a chance for a TD.  

Moreover, putting more air under it and leading him more to the inside gives defenders more time.  That would have been far riskier

If you want to choose to nit-pick words and take obvious words out of context, that's fine....it's not my way, but good for you I guess.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Corey was open? Ehhhhh...where?

He's got two defenders in front of Davis as he's letting go. I get where he WANTS to put it, that back part of the endzone (top of the S). Just doesn't get there. The defender dove for the ball with Davis coming from behind to break it up.  

1670788110_ScreenShot2022-10-18at6_43_59PM.thumb.png.fd3ffc17d142690f75f1f507e579cfb4.png

Are you serious with this?  a static imagine when I literally posted the video where it was clear the defender had to dive across Davis's body to make a diving block of the pass or it would have been a TD.

Being disingenuous is never a good trait.

Here it is again incase you honestly missed it... 2:38 mark

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Guess what?  No one was open.  Receivers were blanketed for the most part.

Thread criticizing the entire receiving corps = massive upvotes

Thread criticizing the QB - howling gnashing of teeth.

Both should be equally welcomed here.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I don't think criticism of the WR core is the intent.  I think crediting the defense is the point.  

Or maybe we shouldn't be into the divining intent business since intent doesn't matter when evaluating an opinion or analysis on its merits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you serious with this?  a static imagine when I literally posted the video where it was clear the defender had to dive across Davis's body to make a diving block of the pass or it would have been a TD.

Being disingenuous is never a good trait.

Here it is again incase you honestly missed it... 2:38 mark

 

You’re right. Great throw. Perfect actually. 
 

 

 

Bored Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...