Watched first half all 22

GandWFan

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh, that's not what was being discussed.  You're jumping into a conversation without the full context.

We were discussing the accuracy of the throw - he put the ball where he wanted and it was a good throw.  It didn't result in a TD - but it required a diving break-up by the DB.  

It wasn't nearly as bad as being described by many on this board.  When reviewing it in detail there was little chance of an INT and surely a chance for a TD.  

Moreover, putting more air under it and leading him more to the inside gives defenders more time.  That would have been far riskier

If you want to choose to nit-pick words and take obvious words out of context, that's fine....it's not my way, but good for you I guess.

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you serious with this?  a static imagine when I literally posted the video where it was clear the defender had to come from behind Davis to make a diving block of the pass or it would have been a TD.

Being disingenuous is never a good trait.

I'm not jumping in without full context.  I know how to read.

Proper discourse with you is not possible because you claim to know the EXACT location Zach wanted to put the ball.  How the f*ck do you know Zach put it where he wanted to?  Clue me in, please.  Say he "did", it was still a poor decision.

Instead of shrugging off other poster's counter arguments and calling them disingenuous (which you hypocritically complained about earlier with his LOL comment), how about you watch 10 seconds of the film @59:07 and educate yourself.

The DB is never behind CD.  He is in front the entire time.  No one is in the middle of the endzone, as the other poster's image clearly pointed out.  Putting air under it towards the middle would have allowed CD to stay half a step ahead and jump for it (would have even given MC a shot at it).  That would have been a perfect pass.  This was not.  It was not a good throw and a risky decision.  You're wrong.

I said before, I'm not even criticizing Zach for this play, but your last few posts on this topic have been nonsense.

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Corey was open? Ehhhhh...where?

He's got two defenders in front of Davis as he's letting go. I get where he WANTS to put it, that back part of the endzone (top of the S). Just doesn't get there. The defender dove for the ball with Davis coming from behind to break it up.  

1670788110_ScreenShot2022-10-18at6_43_59PM.thumb.png.fd3ffc17d142690f75f1f507e579cfb4.png

Yeah I think you’re spot on. You can see Davis trying to come back to the ball but not being able to in the clip. It was decent zip for what it was but the ball died at the end and I don’t think he got as much on it as he wanted. The ball needs to be towards the back of the end zone to give Davis a shot at it, otherwise the defenders have the angle.

In general I don’t think it’s good to be late across your body, some of the special guys can pull it off and Wilson has arm talent but I’m not sure we’ve seen him pull it off. I’d be okay if he shelved the late across the body throws for the time being.

This is also all setting aside…didn’t he step out of bounds? There was no need for the Packers to challenge given the field position didn’t make a big difference for the field goal attempt, but even if it was a TD I’m not sure it would’ve stood up.

5 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Guess what?  No one was open.  Receivers were blanketed for the most part.  Also, the near interception in the end zone was ill advised, but really showed off 2 things.  Zach threw a pretty accurate pass from the 25 yard line to the end zone with a flick of the wrist, while falling out of bounds!  Very Rogers like.  Second, that he REALLY trusts Corey Davis.  I doubt he throws that to anyone else.  And it paid off.  Corey broke up the INT.

Will watch the second half later.

Btw.  It is much more enjoyable watching the game without the anxiety of pulling for a win!

Honest I am concerned how little Zach contributed even if everyone is covered the check down is there. I hope he improves. I think not throwing int is better than before but he really isn't throwing it at. You can have to of runs and still make passes. The idea that oh he is not being asked to is false he is. We messed up on plenty of third down throws. I hope he gets better soon 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Honest I am concerned how little Zach contributed even if everyone is covered the check down is there. I hope he improves. I think not throwing int is better than before but he really isn't throwing it at. You can have to of runs and still make passes. The idea that oh he is not being asked to is false he is. We messed up on plenty of third down throws. I hope he gets better soon 

Once again, you're referencing one half of one game as if it was the entire season.  Where the score was 3 - 3...

And it's like we're simply ignoring the 8 previous quarters and the 3rd quarter in this game.

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Much of the time they were running 21 personnel, and used one of the TEs to pass protect.  Maybe bad play design, but did not see a lot of check downs available.  Maybe I missed it, but...

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Please ignore me then.

200.gif.cd8c91b529c0adfdbc38eeee9db75126.gif

Classic opt out.  If I wanted to ignore you, I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to you.  Unlike those who complain about "Anti-Zach haters", I enjoy discussing with all types of opinions.

No idea why people are so intent on dying on every single Zach Wilson hill.  It's one bad pass.  Just accept, move on and stop trying to silence any form of criticism whatsoever.

6 hours ago, GandWFan said:

Guess what?  No one was open.  Receivers were blanketed for the most part.  Also, the near interception in the end zone was ill advised, but really showed off 2 things.  Zach threw a pretty accurate pass from the 25 yard line to the end zone with a flick of the wrist, while falling out of bounds!  Very Rogers like.  Second, that he REALLY trusts Corey Davis.  I doubt he throws that to anyone else.  And it paid off.  Corey broke up the INT.

Btw.  It is much more enjoyable watching the game without the anxiety of pulling for a win!

This is some serious grade-A mental gymnastics. 

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

200.gif.cd8c91b529c0adfdbc38eeee9db75126.gif

Classic opt out.  If I wanted to ignore you, I wouldn't have wasted my time responding to you.  Unlike those who complain about "Anti-Zach haters", I enjoy discussing with all types of opinions.

No idea why people are so intent on dying on every single Zach Wilson hill.  It's one bad pass.  Just accept, move on and stop trying to silence any form of criticism whatsoever.

Ming, what are you doing here? I thought I told you to ignore me.

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, GandWFan said:

It's not as if "passing plays" and "running plays" are unrelated.  When we couldn't run, our receivers couldn't get open because the Packers D was smothering them with tight coverage.  We start getting a rhythm in the running game and they now have to push closer to the box to stop Breece and Carter...voila, open receivers.  The game is complimentary.  When the Offense was atrocious and piling up "3 and outs" in our two losses, everyone complained about how bad the D looked.  The D was on the field all day and barely getting a break, as well as having to play from behind.  The offense gets better and the D  is now a top ten unit.  All things in this game are related.  You could even argue the special teams had a bigger impact on this game than the O or the D.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GandWFan said:

On that play Davis let the DB out muscle him for position, basically Davis was waiting for the football instead of going and getting the football one thing he really needs to work on to get to that next level

6 hours ago, Hael said:

ZW looked like the same QB he was for the majority of last season.  He does well when he is unpressured, and his first read is correct and open.  He does well against zone.

He does not do well when the plan breaks down, and its pretty evident in his footwork.

Young QBs frequently have this problem, but it is something that needs to get better week in and week out.  There is a graveyard of qbs that never get past this (see Blake Bortles, RG3 etc etc)

This is the worry longterm- I agree. Kurt Warner alluded to this, but it’s still early and time for him to develop. These next 4 games will show a lot - these are tough defenses that are well coached

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I'm not jumping in without full context.  I know how to read.

Proper discourse with you is not possible because you claim to know the EXACT location Zach wanted to put the ball.  How the f*ck do you know Zach put it where he wanted to?  Clue me in, please.  Say he "did", it was still a poor decision.

Instead of shrugging off other poster's counter arguments and calling them disingenuous (which you hypocritically complained about earlier with his LOL comment), how about you watch 10 seconds of the film @59:07 and educate yourself.

The DB is never behind CD.  He is in front the entire time.  No one is in the middle of the endzone, as the other poster's image clearly pointed out.  Putting air under it towards the middle would have allowed CD to stay half a step ahead and jump for it (would have even given MC a shot at it).  That would have been a perfect pass.  This was not.  It was not a good throw and a risky decision.  You're wrong.

I said before, I'm not even criticizing Zach for this play, but your last few posts on this topic have been nonsense.

Unless you are Pat Mahomes or A Rogers ten years ago, I dont think anyone in the NFL makes that throw.  The ball needs to be closer to where the Ref is, in the middle of the endzone, but thats an almost impossible throw with the momentum like that running out of bounds.

But its fundamentally not about the throw itself (its actually hard to get it there in the first place).  You just don’t throw that ball as a matter of principle.  If you throw that same play 100 times, you will likely have an unfavorable result 90% of the time.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

The Packers have a good defense and our OCs older brother is their head coach. They had a good game plan for the Jets passing attack but unfortunately for them, the Jets can beat any team in 100 different ways

I feel like this wasn’t talked about enough . Both defenses basically had the offenses playbook . They see the same scheme in practice every day and knew how to exploit it 

The only big gainers were a few trick and off script plays .. oh and the refs giving the packers phantom calls

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

Moore - 4.34

Wilson - 4.38

Mims - 4.38

We don't need another WR to have a fast one.

Oh yeah...almost forgot... Hall - 4.39

Being a deep threat isn’t only about speed. Tracking a deep ball is a skill and the receivers we currently have are better on short to intermediate routes. The one guy you names who can catch 50/50 balls down the field is Mims but he’s inactive sooooo.............

7 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

Daniel Jones and the Giants pass catchers are probably all stars if they were able to do anything against the vaunted GB pass defense.

Checks notes… realizes Jones completed over 70% of his passes, 100 QB rating, 1 sack, with no turnovers, while throwing to jags.

You missed the part where GB said what they were doing in coverage didn’t work against the Giants and switched to more man coverage against us which favors their all-pro CB they have 

• Upvote 1

So, question for those who care to answer.  The receivers not being open, is this a receiver thing, defender thing or a route/scheme thing?  You watch KC, Buffalo, the Rams at times....receivers with no one within 5 yards of them.  I can't imagine that those receivers are THAT much better than the guy who's covering them.  A product of a more effective running game, better play action?

So, question for those who care to answer.  The receivers not being open, is this a receiver thing, defender thing or a route/scheme thing?  You watch KC, Buffalo, the Rams at times....receivers with no one within 5 yards of them.  I can't imagine that those receivers are THAT much better than the guy who's covering them.  A product of a more effective running game, better play action?
Last I checked it was all Zach's fault

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

So ehh, where can us peasants watch this all-22 or do I have to wait for the week where QB School drops a video on Zach Wilson. 

Nfl+. They have the full game replay, condensed game replay and all-22.

My favorite way to watch the Jets is the condensed replay. I’ve only watched one full game live this year (GB). Live games are too stressful.

• Upvote 1