Watched first half all 22

GandWFan

2 hours ago, green&white said:

So, question for those who care to answer.  The receivers not being open, is this a receiver thing, defender thing or a route/scheme thing?  You watch KC, Buffalo, the Rams at times....receivers with no one within 5 yards of them.  I can't imagine that those receivers are THAT much better than the guy who's covering them.  A product of a more effective running game, better play action?

Pretty wild how good QBs seem to find open receivers. #wild

So, question for those who care to answer.  The receivers not being open, is this a receiver thing, defender thing or a route/scheme thing?  You watch KC, Buffalo, the Rams at times....receivers with no one within 5 yards of them.  I can't imagine that those receivers are THAT much better than the guy who's covering them.  A product of a more effective running game, better play action?

I rewatched the game. Pretty much a combination of a lot of things. Could be scheme. Green Bay goes against the same scheme every day. Also could be the inexperience we have at receiver. These kids have to learn to win on the outside. The only receiver that got open on the outside is Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2022/10/19/23410001/how-did-zach-wilson-do-in-green-bay-packers-ny-jets

This article is insightful. The author pointed out plays that Zach should have done better. He also said that GW needs to improve his technique to get separation from high quality and CBs and not catch with his body on some dropped balls. He really completed Corey Davis on his route running and catching technique. 

• Upvote 1