My Updated 3 RD Mock

Green Jets & Ham

The first pick is the toughest. I don't feel the Jets will go with a QB in their 1st pick. They trade down get two extra picks. I like the rest of your picks. Just a hunch - Denver will trade down with the Jets for the 15th and 22nd and maybe a midrounder next year. Denver's involvement in the Abraham trade seems to have left open the possibilty of 'more to come'.Is Denver interested in a QB, ie. who's the back up QB for them?

Pretty sweet turn out for us. I would be ecstatic if that happened on April 29th. Love the Cromartie pick as well, I think he will be a stud.

It would be awful.

I think we'd tear our rotator cuff reaching up so high to get Cutler. We have no need for him.

That is quite possibly the worst turnout in a mock I have seen for the Jets yet. All signs in the FO point to no QB in the first round. If we stick at 4 it will be Brick or Mario, whichever is there. With number 29 I could see that pick, if we got Brick first. If we get Mario first it's almost for certain we'd go O-line, especially if Jean-Gilles is still there. I'd rather stay away from Cromartie, especially in the second round when there will be better players at more need positions. Third round is fine, but the rest is a mess.

That is quite possibly the worst turnout in a mock I have seen for the Jets yet. All signs in the FO point to no QB in the first round. If we stick at 4 it will be Brick or Mario, whichever is there. With number 29 I could see that pick, if we got Brick first. If we get Mario first it's almost for certain we'd go O-line, especially if Jean-Gilles is still there. I'd rather stay away from Cromartie, especially in the second round when there will be better players at more need positions. Third round is fine, but the rest is a mess.

there are picks i don't agree with as well but guess what buddy it's alot harder to make these things then to criticise them. I didn't even help GJ&H with his mock but you have to at least respect the effort.

there are picks i don't agree with as well but guess what buddy it's alot harder to make these things then to criticise them. I didn't even help GJ&H with his mock but you have to at least respect the effort.

Where did I disrespect him? You're right, because I criticized the Jets drafting selections, I dissed the entire thing. Of course it is difficult to create a 3 round mock, and anyone who does it should with any sense of intellect should be commended. So, he should be applauded for completing a three round mock, but his selections for the Jets were awful and last time I checked this was a Jets board not a board to fellate everyone when they made a three round mock draft.

hey it's all good - personally i think Ryan Ocallahan sucks - that's my beef with the mock - im not trying to protect or praise anyone all i'm saying is that i have an idea how much effort and thought went into this mock and you slammed it really hard. Worst turnout for Jets yet? A mess? that's kinda harsh bro. There are some really sh-tty mocks out there and to call this the worst out of all of em i think is disrespectful, or at the very least flippant.

but hey this is USA land of free speech you can say what you want... and so can I... :box:

hey it's all good - personally i think Ryan Ocallahan sucks - that's my beef with the mock - im not trying to protect or praise anyone all i'm saying is that i have an idea how much effort and thought went into this mock and you slammed it really hard. Worst turnout for Jets yet? A mess? that's kinda harsh bro. There are some really sh-tty mocks out there and to call this the worst out of all of em i think is disrespectful, or at the very least flippant.

but hey this is USA land of free speech you can say what you want... and so can I... :box:

Yes I am sure in your life since you are a heralded draft guru that you see a lot more mock drafts and therefore the probability you see worse ones is definately greater. However, I do not, in all actuality, get to view as many mock drafts as I would like. I do think this is the worse I have seen for a variety of reasons. Of course there is a specific way I want our draft to go, and I won't be happy any other way. I suppose I am the Simon Cowell of the Jets drafts and mock drafts. I may be a little harsh but more often than not I am dead on right.

I do like Wimbley though. Personally I want M Williams 1.4 and Wimbley 1.29. But if Williams is not on the board and we sign Runyan I want a trade down. I could also see Vince Young slipping like Aarron Rodgers last year but worse. Again these things are hard to make.

Son, I forgot more about draft evaluations than you'll ever know

If you even dreamed that you have a better grasp on the draft than me ... if you even dreamed that you owe me an apology

That's about the only comment your diatribe is worth

Son, I forgot more about draft evaluations than you'll ever know

If you even dreamed that you have a better grasp on the draft than me ... if you even dreamed that you owe me an apology

That's about the only comment your diatribe is worth

1. Don't ever call me son. Ever. You aren't half the man.

2. If you know so much why don't you dispute my suggestions rather than spouting off at your mouth? Probably because you have no educated retorts but rather just mindless drivel and diction that most could come up with while drunk and high at 4 am.

3. I said I didn't like your picks and was hoping to engage in a dialogue more suited for educated people, I can now see I was very wrong to assume you were educated. I owe you no sort of an apology whatsoever.

4. I'll give you another chance to dispute what I was saying. At number 4, staying there, I would rather have LT Ferguson over QB Cutler. If you take a bookend tackle that doesn't pan out there is always another tackle in FA or somewhere you can use to fill in adequately, if you take a QB that doesn't pan out and spend 25 million in SB you are setting yourselves back at least 5 years. At number 29 if Max Jean-Gilles is still there you take him. Brandon Moore for the past two season has been our worst offensive lineman, period. We need someone to replace him there. Now since we have taken two offensive linemen I would like to see a defensive pick at #35, however I'd rather take Ryans over Cromartie and use one of our 4th rounds on a CB as LB is a bit more pressing than CB at this point. In the third round since we have already taken two o-lineman we should be looking at Fasano or Stovall because both would be absolute steals in the third round.

Now you can come at me again with facts or you can come out like you did last time, it's up to you but I for one am hoping you at least say something productive.

Hey, as long as we dont take Vince Young I will be a happy man.:P

I would cheer all those picks on draft day - not saying I love them all, but I have no problem with any of those guys, I will always cheer the Jets selection unless I really hate it, and I dont really hate any of the picks in this mock.

Cromartie, Cutler, Wimbley - all solid selections. Guys with huge upside!

Not sure about the big RT in the 3rd rd tho, I didnt like what I saw from him in the senior bowl, looked like a stiff.

My Updated 3 RD Mock is up ... so you can start cursing me now ;)

With pleasure ;)

I'm not a fan of taking a QB with any first round pick, let alone the fourth pick overall. While the Jets may or may not need a QB, they can't afford to try and break the bank, and Cutler isn't anything close to a sure thing. No matter how much he's blown in the media. With that pick, I would have went a different direction. I don't know if you remember this convo we had at JI a couple years ago, Ham. It was all about the men in the trenches. The Bay of Pigs, remember? If you want to build a winning football team, you start in the trenches. You know this. And the Jets offensive line, even with the potential Jon Runyan signing, isn't anything to write home about. They need D'Brickshaw Ferguson. The Jets second first round pick, I'm not sure if I would have spent it there. It's not a bad pick, by any means. It makes a ton of sense. But, looking at the board, and trying to predict what happens, I take either MJ Giles or Nick Mangold. At pick 35, with the way things went, Wimbley would have fallen there, potentially. I take that risk, and if he's there, then I grab him up. In round three... since I took Brick with the first pick, I might consider taking Greg Eslinger, if I hadn't taken Mangold, and if I had, I would have taken Dee Webb.

And, as for the Lions, if Mike Huff is there, he's the pick. They need a playmaker in centerfield, and he fits the bill. Yeah, they need a DT to take over for Wilkinson, but Shaun Cody and Marcus Bell are both still there. And the staff is high on Cody and his ability. Marcus Bell is that run stuffing DT too. So, DT isn't a huge need. And it's debatable if Ngata is the BAP at the time. I'd say Huff is. The Lions second pick, I would have gone with Kiwi or Jon Scott. They do need offensive line help. And, they need another DE, to go opposite James Hall. To get a nice rotation of Hall, Kiwi, and Edwards... not that bad. The third pick, I would have went with Kevin Boothe, the OG. Not that Edwards is a bad pick... it's just not a pressing need. Kiwi, if taken in the second, would have been more the BAP, as opposed to filling a need.

I like the LenDale pick, but I don't think Holmes will fall that far.

He is the best WR in this years draft.

I think you have a shot, BB, cause I don't see many teams taking a WR in the TOP 20 and in my view Chad Jackson will be the first wideout off the board

There's no Roy Williams/Larry Fitzgerald in this class, or even Mike Williams for that matter ... no BIG/FAST and/or DOMINANT WR's teams will drool over at the top of the board, and in my view there's better value elsewhere {for the most part} in the TOP 15-20 ... so I can see the first Wideout falling off the board at around 20, likely Chad Jackson, with Holmes sliding to the Broncos at 22

Guaranteed? NO

Very Possible? YES, IMO

By that I mean, I think it's better than 50/50

1. Don't ever call me son. Ever. You aren't half the man.

2. If you know so much why don't you dispute my suggestions rather than spouting off at your mouth? Probably because you have no educated retorts but rather just mindless drivel and diction that most could come up with while drunk and high at 4 am.

3. I said I didn't like your picks and was hoping to engage in a dialogue more suited for educated people, I can now see I was very wrong to assume you were educated. I owe you no sort of an apology whatsoever.

4. I'll give you another chance to dispute what I was saying. At number 4, staying there, I would rather have LT Ferguson over QB Cutler. If you take a bookend tackle that doesn't pan out there is always another tackle in FA or somewhere you can use to fill in adequately, if you take a QB that doesn't pan out and spend 25 million in SB you are setting yourselves back at least 5 years. At number 29 if Max Jean-Gilles is still there you take him. Brandon Moore for the past two season has been our worst offensive lineman, period. We need someone to replace him there. Now since we have taken two offensive linemen I would like to see a defensive pick at #35, however I'd rather take Ryans over Cromartie and use one of our 4th rounds on a CB as LB is a bit more pressing than CB at this point. In the third round since we have already taken two o-lineman we should be looking at Fasano or Stovall because both would be absolute steals in the third round.

Now you can come at me again with facts or you can come out like you did last time, it's up to you but I for one am hoping you at least say something productive.

dude, if #4 above was your first post on the topic, you would have had that dialogue you were supposedly looking for.

Ham, would you be against taking Duke at 4?

NO

I heard what you said about Duke Davis perhaps being the best player in the draft {regardless of position and disregarding the value of some positions over others} and you may be right ... he's that good

Duke Davis is a physical and athletic freak of nature who was also a dominant player ... the whole package

Archived