The Moment QW/AVT Stepped Up As a Leaders Is when Our Season Turned Around!

32EBoozer

I think the defensive coaches were confusing our defensive players with too many different plays and schemes and blitzes and it was too complicated. So  I think it got simplified because of Q - you 4 monsters rush aggressively every play and the rest do your jobs - and its worked out unbelievably great! With 4 monsters coming hard and throwing in some stunts and disrupting the other teams offense it has opened up endless possibilities for the back 7 - hence the interceptions and big plays. This defense has gotten very very good very fast all because they simplified and they attack with 4 and they get there - and this is exactly what they were built for and they are not going anywhere! This defense is here to stay!

13 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I think the defensive coaches were confusing our defensive players with too many different plays and schemes and blitzes and it was too complicated. So  I think it got simplified because of Q - you 4 monsters rush aggressively every play and the rest do your jobs - and its worked out unbelievably great! With 4 monsters coming hard and throwing in some stunts and disrupting the other teams offense it has opened up endless possibilities for the back 7 - hence the interceptions and big plays. This defense has gotten very very good very fast all because they simplified and they attack with 4 and they get there - and this is exactly what they were built for and they are not going anywhere! This defense is here to stay!

This very well could be true. Sometimes these coordinators feel like they need to prove their worth by forming some "masterpiece" defensive scheme vs. simple mano-a-mano trench warfare!