Further Evidence that Tom Brady is a Scumbag

JetPotato

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Not sure I'm following this narrative .. I mean a million people describe their every situation with unfortunate comparatives to military life.

... Nothing to see here ... And yes my entire family is military

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Exactly.  How many times do you hear an athlete say a teammate is a "warrior" and stuff like "I'd go to war with these guys any day".

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Here is a simple solution. Stay retired AHole.

It's a (supposedly) free country.  He can do what he wants.  I'm not saying he might not regret his decision to go back, just that it's his choice.  To his credit, 7 Super Bowls is 3 ahead of the next highest QB (Montana/Bradshaw).  Truly amazing, even despite the cheating.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

You're right. All those people that get deployed should just stay home in one of their mansions with the $100 million+ they have made in their career instead of going to the desert to put their lives on the line. Duh.
The last people that would care about this analogy are the soldiers. They could care less about it. And in my experience ... a great many of them are huge fans of the NFL. It's not derogatory in any way shape or form. If anything it's fairly laughable.

NFL seasons takes you away from your family for long windows of time.

Military deployments do the same ...

That is where the comapartive begins and ends.

But what about the off season. Where you are literally home every day?
Or to have a job where if you are at all smart with your money you can essentially retire at age 35.
True ... But if you play your cards right as a career officer ... You can retire fairly early, collect a mean pension and still command beaucoup dollars in private enterprise after serving.

You just have to thrive and survive in world conflicts.

Being a bit facetious as military guys are not commanding 100s of millions

I watched a PFT video last night on Rodgers and Matt LaFluer having a little public spat after the Jets debacle. Simms thinks Rodgers is protective of his passer rating and TD:int ratio to preserve his GOAT argument because he’ll never catch Brady’s championships. The conversation turned to the possibility of which one of those QBs might possibly just quit this season. Brady already seems tuned out and tone deaf, and his play might finally be slipping after allegedly being ripe for a decade. You could almost see him doing it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I hope the officials sent him an unofficial message after he threw one of them under the bus recently ("I am not the one who throws the flag") just to let him know that his special protections may not be as automatic as they have been in the past.

Please crawl away and die somewhere Tom.  I wish the Jets had the chance to personally send you off into retirement this year but unfortunately the schedule-maker says not.

• Upvote 1

Brady is hardly a scumbag.
He is an out of touch with reality, pampered athlete.
I will save the scumbag title for crooked politicians, racists etc.
FWIW, my favorite athlete ever, Joe 12, was a drunken misogynist for at least half his life.

Did you say 'massagyst' ??
.728a81c8729322fd86d3a2f0a1807ea9.jpg

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, slats said:

I watched a PFT video last night on Rodgers and Matt LaFluer having a little public spat after the Jets debacle. Simms thinks Rodgers is protective of his passer rating and TD:int ratio to preserve his GOAT argument because he’ll never catch Brady’s championships. The conversation turned to the possibility of which one of those QBs might possibly just quit this season. Brady already seems tuned out and tone deaf, and his play might finally be slipping after allegedly being ripe for a decade. You could almost see him doing it. 

Always depressing when athletes get old and think they should be treated as equal partners. The org placates them by bringing in a soft-touch coach who gives the athlete a modicum of control, and the athlete almost always becomes entirely unspooled. It’s easier to understand Brady and Rodgers (and Russ, Favre, Kevin Durant, Tiger Woods, etc etc etc) when you remember that not one of them has ever had to make a decision for themselves until deep into adulthood. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's rich but why is he "entitled"?  He earned everything he got, no?  He's dedicated to health and longevity like few others in the history of this sport.

I am not going to argue the entitled vs. earned, but like few others?  Isn't it all part of his money grab?  Hooking up with that convicted masseuse masquerading as a doctor and selling special water that hydrates better than water and vitamins that cure covid?  **** him in the eye.

• Upvote 4