The Phantom Free First Down in the 1st Half

59 minutes ago, Neilos said:

Ah you're right. Same principal applies though. 

Well, I don't think we were screwed on that GB drive; we do what young teams do, the shot themselves in the foot.

As for our FG drive, GB shot themselves; more likely they were getting frustrated and angry. The truth is, however, penalties or no penalties, we would have still kicked the FG, we would still be up by 3 scores; the only difference was a minute or so, but the game was basically over at that point. I am not even sure that they put Rodgers back in if there was an extra minute. He and the GB offense was done.

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

My best guess, based upon video evidence, is that someone in street clothes, probably an inactive player, got in the side judge's way while running downfield covering the play.  My guess is that the side judge ran right into him so he threw the flag...here's my post with pics from the gameday thread.  This was the wide-angle replay of the incomplete pass just before the punt..

But you're right - surprised none of our beat writers asked for an explanation - or if they got one - wrote or tweeted about it.

If someone has gamepass with the all 22 view, this can probably be cleared up.

Well, at least nobody stuck their leg out...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Saleh himself is going to get us a flag at some point, he has a very bad habit of coming on the field, going into the endzone areas, etc, when he's not supposed to be there.  The broadcast called that out specifically at one point, the refs having to chase him back to him area from basically the endzone.  The passion is fine, but as a HC you do need to temper that and not hurt your team.  Wouldn't shock me if the "coach" on the white line or in the Refs was was Saleh himself.  You may not like the rules, but they are the rules.

This one is simple:  Did the Jets protest the call after the game with the league?  No?  Then it's fine.  The Jets know what the call was for.

Say you hate saleh without saying you hate saleh 

9 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

So a team gets an automatic first down while their punting unit is in formation because an opposing coach was standing on the white chalk of the sideline.  Nice.

Been watching football for over three decades.  Never seen anything like it.

I have been watching football for over 5 decades and i have never seen a call like that at any level!!!

Ludicrous!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Pete Caroll has been doing this sh*t for years no punishment or penalties.

How many Super Bowls has he won?

"Brady Rules" is a thing, just like Jordan rules.

I'd expect Saleh and the Jets to have contested the call with the league if it was so egregious. I can only presume it wasn't, and we (fans) just didn't get a decent explanation/replay as to what happened.  I'm not seeing the conspiracy here.

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd expect Saleh and the Jets to have contested the call with the league if it was so egregious. I can only presume it wasn't, and we (fans) just didn't get a decent explanation/replay as to what happened.  I'm not seeing the conspiracy here.

One phantom call is not a conspiracy, but multiple flags being picked up when they were called on the Packers, along with several suspect calls against the Jets, does lend itself to a small conspiracy.  The officiating was biased and atrocious. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Que?

All I said is Carroll does the same for years.  What conspiracy?

13 hours ago, shevys said:

One phantom call is not a conspiracy, but multiple flags being picked up when they were called on the Packers, along with several suspect calls against the Jets, does lend itself to a small conspiracy.  The officiating was biased and atrocious. 

Looking at what other fans have said it seems like the officiating in Lambeau is always terrible with a heavy Packers bias. More than just salty NFC north fans complaining. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, clayton163v said:

.  But what about the the failure of the well-paid and totally annoying full-time referee who assaults us every Sunday?  

The NFL might actually be the only major sports league in the world that does NOT employ full time officials. They are all part timers. Because it's never enough money for the owners.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:35 AM, JiFapono said:

Does anyone know what it was?  Was it a sideline infraction?  And if so, dont those typically start with a warning?  I've never seen anything like it, we rewound the game like 10 times to figure it out, and nada.

You may be aware of this but the NFL is straight trash.

Supposedly an assistant coach got in the way of an official on the sideline. LOL

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's said a few times he is only going to show emotion when it's positive emotion. He's not a yell at guys because things are going wrong type of dude.

Don’t mean he needs to rage out but you would expect him to convey outward confidence to his team even when the chips are down.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:42 PM, Warfish said:

If you're interested, you can go back and look at my posts when he was a candidate and got hired. :)

Liking a guy doesn't necc. = liking when he does stuff that could cost us.

Yeah because that penalty cost us so much, I could see if it was game altering penalty, but the guy gets hyped when his team does good, do you golf clap at home to celebrate? You seem like a golf clapper 

On 10/19/2022 at 8:38 AM, Dunnie said:

Pretty sweet that the team could fight through the incredulous calls and still win by two TDs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Switched my rating because of the incorrect use of incredulous. Right up there with imply/infer 

On 10/19/2022 at 8:48 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

In the postgame conference they asked Saleh about this. He said it was a coach standing on the white line that ran into a ref, or maybe the ref ran into him. Not a call they typically make but if there was contact with a ref I get it.

Anyway, that was it.

Still shocking that there was not a single camera pointed at the sideline 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bungaman said:

The NFL might actually be the only major sports league in the world that does NOT employ full time officials. They are all part timers. Because it's never enough money for the owners.

It also allows them to get away with lousy officiating when they need it