trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

• NYJ
    Nick Herbig
    EDGE Wisconsin
    trade icon

Did my ARod mock.  The hope would be two 2nds gets it done.  Threw in a 5th coming our way as well, just for sh*t's and giggles.  

image.thumb.png.f6b8ce8d773c5388cc65afb2a3979c76.png

Certain guys like Rice I try to draft early, since there is no way I see him lasting til the 3rd - no matter where PFF ranks him.  But yeah, the trade down from 13 basically gets us our picks back from the Rodgers trade.  Get Baltimore's 3rd plus their 2nd in '24(and a 3rd in '25).  Offense heavy with the first 3 picks.  Starter at OT, our Corey Davis replacement, and our future long-term C.  After that it's a bunch of defensive depth, guys we can hopefully groom to become starters, plus a lottery ticket at QB.  

IF the play is Rodgers, I'm hoping this is the type of direction we decide to go and trade down from 13 to restock those picks.  Whether it's Jones dropping into the 20s, taking a guy like Torrence(and shifting AVT to RT), or picking a late riser OT like Steen or Morris, there will be options late in the 1st IMO.  

Also it's still funny to me that PFF has Steen as like a 6th round pick....no chance of that happening. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm convinced the Jets have to draft a starting OT and C in this draft. After that, it is quality over quantity with an eye toward landing a starting FS and gathering 2024 draft capital.

image.png.cdaf4248156b6962fa0b5c4f0fff5091.png

I agree. I keep wondering if available, can you trade back and get a starting tackle? There are a few guys that keep popping up in late R1 and early R2, Anton Harrison, Broderick Jones, Cody Mauch,  Darnell Wright and maybe we can have our WR cake and eat our tackle, too?  I sure like the WAS 1st in 2024.

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.f5f8d194117ad4d1bd3d527ee9ff4cda.png

So the last WR I took with my last pick - he has the intangibles i look for in players... and why not take a 7th round flyer on a WR like that. 

Top Reasons to Buy In:

Insane competitive toughness
Very good linear athleticism
Top-shelf body control and ball skills
A+ football character
Top Reasons For Concern:

Limited separation skills
Needs development in release package at the line of scrimmage
Not a hard-angle route-runner

Where he's limited = a lot of that is technique to a degree and can be taught/worked on. What he has cannot be taught though and to me is more important when looking at his whole body of work. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm convinced the Jets have to draft a starting OT and C in this draft. After that, it is quality over quantity with an eye toward landing a starting FS and gathering 2024 draft capital.

image.png.cdaf4248156b6962fa0b5c4f0fff5091.png

lol I would love it if we could get a 1st next year by moving down 3 spots, but I highly doubt that'll happen....even if we throw in a 3rd which I'm guessing also went in that deal.  

• NYJ
    Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

• NYJ
    Lukas Van Ness
    EDGE Iowa
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Owen Pappoe
    LB Auburn

• NYJ
    Xavier Hutchinson
    WR Iowa State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Sam LaPorta
    TE Iowa

• NYJ
    Jammie Robinson
    S Florida State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Parker Washington
    WR Penn State

• NYJ
    Deuce Vaughn
    RB Kansas State

• NYJ
    Keion White
    EDGE Georgia Tech
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Malik Vann
    DT Cincinnati
    trade icon

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Agree with you on DL. Have you had a chance to check out the Baylor guy yet?

No, what do you think about him?

This Eagles run really has me intrigued with just building super units along the lines and WR. I don't think Hurts is anything special at QB yet Philly got to the big game behind arguably the best OL in the league, 2 studs in Smith and Brown and 4 guys with at least 11 sacks. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

No, what do you think about him?

This Eagles run really has me intrigued with just building super units along the lines and WR. I don't think Hurts is anything special at QB yet Philly got to the big game behind arguably the best OL in the league, 2 studs in Smith and Brown and 4 guys with at least 11 sacks. 

Only seen the Baylor guy a bit. Very strong. I think we have to come out of this draft with two starters HOF the OL. C is obvious.

• Upvote 1

As of now (Feb. 2023), and presuming the Jets acquire a veteran QB some way for 2023 (Carr or Rodgers via trade of 2024-2025 draft picks, or others via Free Agency), the following would be close to my ideal draft strategy/plan.  A strong focus on addressing the O-line both with expected starters and additional depth (while all are listed as T, some will be G at the NFL level), addressing needs at LB, acquiring an additional #4 WR for with Wilson/Moore/Mims, and getting the only true FB prospect in this draft class.  In addition, post-draft signing of the top ranked Kicker and Punter would be top priorities:

image.thumb.png.7bd063da2e2cae493dbd622c2bd4ff31.png

The following would also be good picks IMO, if available or as replacements if my guys aren't available:

John Michael Schmitz (Center), likely late 1st into 2nd rounder.
Joe Tippmann (Center), likely 3-4th rounder.
Jack Campbell (LB), likely 2nd rounder.

All this can (will) change of course as the combines come and go and prospect ranking change.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

As of now (Feb. 2023), and presuming the Jets acquire a veteran QB some way for 2023 (Carr or Rodgers via trade of 2024-2025 draft picks, or others via Free Agency), the following would be close to my ideal draft strategy/plan.  A strong focus on addressing the O-line both with expected starters and additional depth (while all are listed as T, some will be G at the NFL level), addressing needs at LB, acquiring an additional #4 WR for with Wilson/Moore/Mims, and getting the only true FB prospect in this draft class.  In addition, post-draft signing of the top ranked Kicker and Punter would be top priorities:

The following would also be good picks IMO, if available or as replacements if my guys aren't available:

All this can (will) change of course as the combines come and go and prospect ranking change.

Replace one of the OTs with a DT and this is money. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I liked both Mauch and Skoronski until I read that they are projected as Guards at the nfl level. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/peter-skoronski-53dd3593-c8a2-49f1-a6ed-fa5e4ae22e60/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/cody-mauch-adaptability-senior-bowl/ - Mauch has been playing Guard at the Senior Bowl 

pfn-logo-black
  • NYJ
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Hendon Hooker
    QB Tennessee
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Tyler Steen
    OT Alabama