RB Kansas State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Gervarrius Owens
    S Houston
    trade icon
  • Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.74601359ec70ced398e2ccaaf9705fd3.png

I think we probably address LT with Duane Brown, a FA, and Mekhi. I think RT becomes a competition between Max and Dawand.

Avila gives us a guy who projects at OG or C. Flexibility. Depending on how we use him, it could also mean AVT goes back to LG or moves to one if the OT spots. 

Kincaid gives us a receiving TE. Big target over the middle. Uzomah and Conklin failed to be that. Ideally we get 2TE sets to work for us.

McBride is part if the rotation. Hackett likes two starting caliber RBs in his system. Breece, McBride, Bam, and MC is formidable depth.

Lupke and Washington are role players. 

Key here is I attacked depth and development, while adding two 1st rounders. Ammunition to get a R1 QB next year when this whole “2-year vet to Zach” thing falls on its face.

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2023 at 1:53 PM, Beerfish said:

13 Paris Johnson - OT - Oho State

45 John Michael Schmitz - C - Minnesota

74 Jordan Battle  - S - Alabama

112 DeMarvion Overshown - LB - Texas

116 Sam LePorta - TE - Iowa

145 Tyjae Spears - RB - Tulane

185 Tyler Scott - WR - Cincinnati

Nice draft.

image.thumb.png.7933c8dfd0c552ed9746733ef6cda3c9.png

I don’t believe in Zach, at all. McKee is a good pick to draft, sit and prepare behind Rodgers, or whomever we acquire.

OL is the big investment, otherwise. Uzo and Conk suck, so double-dipping in this TE class to build the fire TE room around Ruckert.

I also, really like a McBride style RB to combine with the 3 guys we’ve got. 4 RBs and a diverse, talented mix - it’s what Hacket had with Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams, then AJ Dillon.

• Upvote 1

I went into this Mock draft with trading back in mind to accumulate more picks.

team logo
pfn-logo-black
  • NYJ
    O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Darnell Wright
    OT Tennessee
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Christopher Smith
    S Georgia
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Joe Tippmann
    OC Wisconsin

• NYJ
    Ivan Pace Jr.
    LB Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jaquelin Roy
    DT LSU

• NYJ
    Braeden Daniels
    OG Utah

• NYJ
    Nathaniel Dell
    WR Houston
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Will Mallory
    TE Miami (FL)

• Upvote 1

• NYJ
    Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• NYJ
    Nolan Smith
    EDGE Georgia
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• NYJ
    Trey Palmer
    WR Nebraska
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Ji'Ayir Brown
    S Penn State

• NYJ
    Olusegun Oluwatimi
    OC Michigan
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Deuce Vaughn
    RB Kansas State

• NYJ
    Noah Ruggles
    K Ohio State
    trade icon

• NYJ
    Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State

• NYJ
    Dalton Kincaid
    TE Utah
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• NYJ
    Steve Avila
    OG TCU
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Will McDonald IV
    EDGE Iowa State

• NYJ
    Jonathan Mingo
    WR Ole Miss

• NYJ
    Hunter Luepke
    RB North Dakota State
  • Upvote 1

How would we feel about this?  Not going to lie, it's pretty intriguing to me  https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-bear-panthers-trade-rodgers-trade-jackson-signing/

1st: Quentin Johnston, WR - TCU

2nd: traded for Rodgers

3rd: Joe Tippmann, C - Wisconsin

4th: Matthew Bergeron, OT - Syracuse

5th: Brenton Cox, Edge - Florida

6th: Karl Brooks, DT - Bowling Green

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I was happy with this one. I made a Rodgers trade then traded down from 13 to recoup the 2nd rounder. I didn't get a safety but I feel I addressed the rest of the team needs well. 

pff_mock_results(3).thumb.png.0d72d78e922c46ce358dc0d9d1314c2e.png

It's obviously super early but my few thoughts are:

-DT and G are two spots I think are prime mid round targets as currently big roster depth holes that could probably 2023 draft picks starting in 2024

-LB I think is more fan need than perceived need by the team (as high as second player drafted) pending what they do with Mosley

-pending Lawson's roster spot and JFM's position in the spirit of the poor DT depth I don't know if they have room for two edges on the roster

-as much as that class makes sense long-term roster building wise I do wonder if they'd push a little more for immediate impact than we'd see with that class (don't know if Harrison, Henley, Brooks, Henry would see a lot of snaps early) if they acquire Rodgers - would think a little more immediate impact R1/R2 although Henley is close and then hit depth and 2024 needs hard in the middle (which is where the trade down would fit in nicely)

• Upvote 1

This would be my "call Green Bay's bluff" mock:

image.thumb.png.401d75c48f8c8741e623cac0e98d496d.png

If GB holds out til the draft, I tell them I can't wait any longer and draft McKee.  Look into signing a veteran backup after.  If GB sees us take a QB, maybe they panic since their only alternative is hang onto Rodgers, and they lower their asking price.  If not, oh well.  Have McKee compete with Zach out of the gate, along with whatever veteran we bring in(trade for Tannehill?).  Otherwise GB folds and we end up with Rodgers anyway for some '24 picks.  Worst case, even with Rodgers, I don't think drafting a guy like McKee would necessarily be a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, derp said:

It's obviously super early but my few thoughts are:

-DT and G are two spots I think are prime mid round targets as currently big roster depth holes that could probably 2023 draft picks starting in 2024

-LB I think is more fan need than perceived need by the team (as high as second player drafted) pending what they do with Mosley

-pending Lawson's roster spot and JFM's position in the spirit of the poor DT depth I don't know if they have room for two edges on the roster

-as much as that class makes sense long-term roster building wise I do wonder if they'd push a little more for immediate impact than we'd see with that class (don't know if Harrison, Henley, Brooks, Henry would see a lot of snaps early) if they acquire Rodgers - would think a little more immediate impact R1/R2 although Henley is close and then hit depth and 2024 needs hard in the middle (which is where the trade down would fit in nicely)

Brooks is listed as an edge there, but he’s more of an interior DL from what I’ve read.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bonkertons said:

This would be my "call Green Bay's bluff" mock:

image.thumb.png.401d75c48f8c8741e623cac0e98d496d.png

If GB holds out til the draft, I tell them I can't wait any longer and draft McKee.  Look into signing a veteran backup after.  If GB sees us take a QB, maybe they panic since their only alternative is hang onto Rodgers, and they lower their asking price.  If not, oh well.  Have McKee compete with Zach out of the gate, along with whatever veteran we bring in(trade for Tannehill?).  Otherwise GB folds and we end up with Rodgers anyway for some '24 picks.  Worst case, even with Rodgers, I don't think drafting a guy like McKee would necessarily be a bad thing.

This is a solid draft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OilfieldJet said:

No OT?

I feel like the Jets sign a vet at OT and think that between Becton, Brown, Mitchell, AVT and a vet they have enough at the position to start training camp. Plus the board didn’t fall where I liked the OT value.

Becton, Tomlinson, Rookie, AVT, Mitchell are the base starters. Brown, Schweitzer, Vet OT, developmental guy make up the depth and give us some small room for improvement. 

I also have a vision where the Jets sign Seumalo and decide to go with this lineup 

Becton, Tomlinson, Rookie, Seumalo, AVT

Depth: Brown, Mitchell, Schweitzer, FA pick up

My draft Caleb Williams in 2024 - mock draft results for 2023:

• 2024 ARI 1st
  • 2024 ARI 2nd
  • 2024 LAC 2nd
  • 2024 CLE 2nd
  • 2024 KC 2nd
  • 2024 WAS 2nd
  • 2024 DEN 3rd
  • 2024 NO 3rd
  • 2024 SF 3rd
  • 2024 DAL 3rd

Hopefully that will give us enough ammo to move up to the #1 spot....no matter who holds it.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2