Jets Bring OL Chris Glaser Back

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

All off the OL moves the past week makes me wonder if Fant or Mitchell may be out longer than first reported. How shocking would that be? lol

Remmers agent said there were a couple of teams looking to sign him off the Jets PS.  The OT position at the moment, knock on wood, is in good shape. 

They probably released OT Smith from the PS because of that and wanted to bring in OG depth. Jets still have OL Adam Pankey on the PS too

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Remmers agent said there were a couple of teams looking to sign him off the Jets PS.  The OT position at the moment, knock on wood, is in good shape. 

They probably released OT Smith from the PS because of that and wanted to bring in OG depth. 

Gonna be real interesting if Fant starts once he comes back.

Duane Brown has really solidified this unit.  He could go down anytime with that shoulder issue but the man has been better than I thought he'd be.  Better than Becton due to his consistency and conditioning - he's blocking 20 yards downfield every other play. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Gonna be real interesting if Fant starts once he comes back.

Duane Brown has really solidified this unit.  He could go down anytime with that shoulder issue but the man has been better than I thought he'd be.  Better than Becton due to his consistency and conditioning - he's blocking 20 yards downfield every other play. 

Wait and see.  It will actually be a good problem to have.  I doubt Fant would replace Brown, as long as he is healthy.  Fant could become the swing OT. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Wait and see.  It will actually be a good problem to have.  I doubt Fant would replace Brown, as long as he is healthy.  Fant could become the swing OT. 

He won’t replace Brown. Before either of them got hurt, the plan was to move Fant to RT. It’ll be a question of whether they think AVT & Fant is a stronger right side than Herbig & AVT. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, slats said:

He won’t replace Brown. Before either of them got hurt, the plan was to move Fant to RT. It’ll be a question of whether they think AVT & Fant is a stronger right side than Herbig & AVT. 

To me, it’s looking like Herbig is a bigger asset than Fant. Gives us more in the running game.