2022/2023 NBA thread

maury77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 3:03 PM, Beerfish said:

The NBA is purely dreadful in so many ways.  For the life of me I don't see why it is holding any popularity.  Just trash,

So maybe don’t post in a NBA thread? Just a suggestion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I get that Randle can put the ball in the basket if you give him 30 shots per game, but good lord is he a black hole on offense. Knicks have to dump him as soon as humanly possible

image.thumb.png.47929b699a41cabc376e515cc221f45f.png
50% FG % is excellent. 9 boards and 4 assists. He’s been spectacular for most of this 9 game win streak.

It’s ok not to be negative all the time. Quickley is becoming a favorite of mine!

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

image.thumb.png.47929b699a41cabc376e515cc221f45f.png
50% FG % is excellent. 9 boards and 4 assists. He’s been spectacular for most of this 9 game win streak.

It’s ok not to be negative all the time. Quickley is becoming a favorite of mine!

The Knicks are good.  It’s wierd how drafting well and signing under the radar quality free agents can improve a team better than Kyrie and KD starphuc nonsense

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The Knicks are good.  It’s wierd how drafting well and signing under the radar quality free agents can improve a team better than Kyrie and KD starphuc nonsense

Even the Anthony Davis extortion trade seems to have had its own downturn.

We also have a lot of draft capital remaining these next two drafts

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 4:08 PM, talisaynon said:

BT said it best today: Knicks have MASSIVE BALLS.

Never thought the Knicks of all my teams would have the most heart. It's crazy and I'm loving it.

Quickly RFA needs to be a LT extension. Guy could win 6th man award this year. Josh Hart also needs to be extended. Draft will have us selecting 2X in first... Dallas and our pick. Leon has done a great job, as has Tommy T.

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2023 at 10:28 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Quickly RFA needs to be a LT extension. Guy could win 6th man award this year. Josh Hart also needs to be extended. Draft will have us selecting 2X in first... Dallas and our pick. Leon has done a great job, as has Tommy T.

Cuban put the tank in and Dallas lost tonight. Knicks lose the pick. Brutal crash and burn by the Mavs this year. They get the pick but would be surprised if Irving stays. That would be a big setback for them after all.

Knicks vs Cavaliers should be a great series. Just hope Julius is ready and 100%. Everyone else should be ready to go

51 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I look forward to June 18th.  That’s the last possible day we have to hear about the NBA.  

Oh good, we have two and half months to torture you. Go Knicks ... and Nets LOL

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Cuban put the tank in and Dallas lost tonight. Knicks lose the pick. Brutal crash and burn by the Mavs this year. They get the pick but would be surprised if Irving stays. That would be a big setback for them after all.

Knicks vs Cavaliers should be a great series. Just hope Julius is ready and 100%. Everyone else should be ready to go

I think Randle sits out this series. We have shown we match up well even w/o Randle. Get him healthy for our 2nd round series. Will really miss his rebounding.

RJ needs to step up. No more high 30%-low 40% shooting from 3 pt. line. That’s not your game. Drive to the rim and make defensive stops.

We might see Hartenstein and Mitchell on the floor simultaneously to match up with Cavs 2 bigs. 

Grimes & Hart taking turns on DM. Leaving JB and IQ to focus on offensive play making and ball movement.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think Randle sits out this series. We have shown we match up well even w/o Randle. Get him healthy for our 2nd round series. Will really miss his rebounding.

RJ needs to step up. No more high 30%-low 40% shooting from 3 pt. line. That’s not your game. Drive to the rim and make defensive stops.

We might see Hartenstein and Mitchell on the floor simultaneously to match up with Cavs 2 bigs. 

Grimes & Hart taking turns on DM. Leaving JB and IQ to focus on offensive play making and ball movement.

If Julius doesn't play that's a big disappointment losing him down low. They better shoot lights out from 3. Barrett was 0-9 last night and Toppin was 1- 4. That's untenable.

I think they'll need to make sure to get Grimes, Quickly, and Fournier going. They'll have to open up the middle. Mitch can't get in foul trouble battling Allen and Mobly either

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

If Julius doesn't play that's a big disappointment losing him down low. They better shoot lights out from 3. Barrett was 0-9 last night and Toppin was 1- 4. That's untenable.

I think they'll need to make sure to get Grimes, Quickly, and Fournier going. They'll have to open up the middle. Mitch can't get in foul trouble battling Allen and Mobly either

NBA investigating Mavs out-&-out tank job. Would love if NBA forces them to give Knicks pick #10!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

NBA investigating Mavs out-&-out tank job. Would love if NBA forces them to give Knicks pick #10!

I just saw that Cuban is worried now that Luka will ask to be traded. LOL

I'd bet Irving wasn't going back either. With that trade Cuban might've destroyed the team ahahah 

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I just saw that Cuban is worried now that Luka will ask to be traded. LOL

I'd bet Irving wasn't going back either. With that trade Cuban might've destroyed the team ahahah 

All this has come about by him low-balling Brunson when his extension was due. Knicks offered higher AAV and a quicker path to another mega deal. 

image.thumb.png.68bb9eb3747a666d30fb3cf1352b7c25.png

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

What is the situation with knicks/mavs draft pick? What are we rooting for today? Can we still get it?

Cuban tanked to keep the draft pick. I believe it is lost.

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

All this has come about by him low-balling Brunson when his extension was due. Knicks offered higher AAV and a quicker path to another mega deal. 

image.thumb.png.68bb9eb3747a666d30fb3cf1352b7c25.png

Wow, I didn't realize they compared like that. Knicks bettered Cuban on that one. I thought all along that the Mavs would miss Brunson badly. Cuban has made things worse afterwards. 

All things being equal Brunson prolly preferred NY though. He really has proved himself further too

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Wow, I didn't realize they compared like that. Knicks bettered Cuban on that one. I thought all along that the Mavs would miss Brunson badly. Cuban has made things worse afterwards. 

All things being equal Brunson prolly preferred NY though. He really has proved himself further too

Cuban complaining Brunson’s Father prevented them from signing him. I call BS

• Upvote 1

Talking about teams making the wrong moves; Watching the Timberwolves/Pelicans game while they fight for seed position and Gobert hit Kyle Anderson in the chest with a punch during a timeout.

Anderson was kinda yelling at him. No doubt for good reason. Anderson is a genius compared to that dolt.

That was a terrible trade for Minny. If they stood pat and just stuck with the Kessler pick and moved Russell for Conly like they did they would've been the 4th seed now imo. That's with KAT being out and nobody else losing time. Losing Naz Reid and Nowell has probably doomed them now anyway.

But Gobert never fit in, clogged up their O, and has problems with players all along. Donovan Mitchell was right.

They need to lose Gobert ASAP, if  that trade didn't blowup their resources and Cap structure. Brutal

On 4/8/2023 at 11:10 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Well, I was wrong. JR played big minutes and was a beast. My player of the game was Josh Hart. 33 minutes; 17 pts. and 10 rebounds. Guarded Donovan Mitchell most of the night I believe. Knicks bench with 37-14 edge in scoring

On 4/8/2023 at 1:49 PM, JohnJ said:

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well, I was wrong. JR played big minutes and was a beast. My player of the game was Josh Hart. 33 minutes; 17 pts. and 10 rebounds. Guarded Donovan Mitchell most of the night I believe. Knicks bench with 37-14 edge in scoring

Yeah, JR very impressive to do that off the layoff. Ankle looks good too. Huge rebound in the end.

Thibs in the post game was good describing everything and everybody, particularly Hart. Such a huge pick up for them.

Hope to see Grimes and Quickley settle in and contribute scoring to put the heat on them next game. TBH I'd rather see them shooting 3's over RJ, whatever they're shooting numbers are at the time. 

Tues. next game: JR and Brunson have two days to rest up so that's good too 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Josh hart hit the biggest shot of the game to give them the lead right back after the cavs finally took the lead. 

Randle is better than he gets credit for 

Knicks have now beaten the cavs 4 of 5 times this year 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

TBH I'd rather see them shooting 3's over RJ,

He shot 2-12 (1-5 from 3)... 12 pts 4 reb. in 31 minutes.

He has been bad of late. I don’t know if now is the time to let him shoot his way out of it… unless he’s taking it to the rim.

Maybe Toppin should be getting more minutes? 3-4 (1-2 from 3) 9 pts 4 rebs in 14 minutes.

13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

He shot 2-12 (1-5 from 3)... 12 pts 4 reb. in 31 minutes.

He has been bad of late. I don’t know if now is the time to let him shoot his way out of it… unless he’s taking it to the rim.

Maybe Toppin should be getting more minutes? 3-4 (1-2 from 3) 9 pts 4 rebs in 14 minutes.

Barrett seems to be a stiff. That the coach didn’t get his ass off the bench the last 7 mins of a playoff game speaks volumes.

• Upvote 2

RJ is a wildcard I think. He's tough to read also. But he is capable of having a big game and making a difference. We've seen that

It's the inconsistency and poor shooting that puts him on the bench. They're deeper now so Thibs has that luxury.

RJ is kind of a throw back but in today's 3 ball NBA if he doesn't hit his shots you can't rely on him. Also, going to the rim against the Cavs is gonna be difficult for him. JR on the other hand is up to that battle, Mitch and Hartenstein for the boards as well.

If he let's it come to him he could help. But I get annoyed when they don't look harder to get Grimes going form 3, Quickley too.