Jets lead NFL in estimated expected points lost due to drops

Any team with Corey Davis will have inflated drops.  Add our outstanding rookie and there you go.  I fully expect Wilson to grow beyond the drops. Davis on the other hand not so much. How many drops did Moore have?  too lazy to look up.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Remember G Wilson said Flacco throws a better catchable ball. With Zach, it is a 100 MPH or nothing.  Ughh

Nothing worse than running a route, turning, and waiting for a slow, sloppy, wobbly ball to get to you while you hear the fast pitter patter of foot steps coming to disconnect your head from your shoulders. Dynamite on a rope that can kill you if you get ear holed is scary, yes... but if you know how to catch with your hands, its much better. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Nothing worse than running a route, turning, and waiting for a slow, sloppy, wobbly ball to get to you while you hear the fast pitter patter of foot steps coming to disconnect your head from your shoulders. Dynamite on a rope that can kill you if you get ear holed is scary, yes... but if you know how to catch with your hands, its much better. 

Do you think you could catch it? Why would the kid say it if it was not true. Zach only knows one speed. We have all been saying this for 17 games. Why is his short game so bad, the kid has zero touch at this point of his career. I and all Jets fans hope he can clean it up this year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Truth said:

Do you think you could catch it? Why would the kid say it if it was not true. Zach only knows one speed. We have all been saying this for 17 games. Why is his short game so bad, the kid has zero touch at this point of his career. I and all Jets fans hope he can clean it up this year.

Yup. Garrett Wilson has been known to have the dropsies. 

• Upvote 1

A veteran has dropped quite a few also. Ala Cory Davis. You have no argument. The kid needs to clean his stuff up. I want him to be great,  at this point he is what he is until proven otherwise.

Don't get me wrong. I agree he needs work on his touch. I am saying all the drops are not on him. Ton of those rockets that are dropped, should be caught though. They are professional RECEIVERS. I bet 9 out of 10 of those get caught in practice when they aren't worried about being decapitated. I do have an argument, you're just mad. You'll be ok. Receivers need to receive. You're welcome.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Don't get me wrong. I agree he needs work on his touch. I am saying all the drops are not on him. Ton of those rockets that are dropped, should be caught though. They are professional RECEIVERS. I bet 9 out of 10 of those get caught in practice when they aren't worried about being decapitated. I do have an argument, you're just mad. You'll be ok. Receivers need to receive. You're welcome.

Yes, they are professionals and expect a professional to get them the ball in a professional manner. Not a person who only knows 100 miles an hour. I believe Zach will figure it out. He has moxy. I believe in the kid. The Jets are winning at this point. Which is all we want.

Yes, they are professionals and expect a professional to get them the ball in a professional manner. Not a person who only knows 100 miles an hour. I believe Zach will figure it out. He has moxy. I believe in the kid. The Jets are winning at this point. Which is all we want.

He does get it to them in a professional manner. On target, on time, just a little more zip than they want. No excuse for all the drops. That chart is telling. I agree, I think he will get it worked out. I just don't want this blame to get to him and make him over compensate sending out slow lobs with a higher rate of being picked off or arriving too late. Both of which are far worse.

Just now, pointman said:

He does get it to them in a professional manner. On target, on time, just a little more zip than they want. No excuse for all the drops. That chart is telling. I agree, I think he will get it worked out. I just don't want this blame to get to him and make him over compensate sending out slow lobs with a higher rate of being picked off or arriving too late. Both of which are far worse.

He gets it to them on time, before time, behind them and every other way, at this point he still has to figure it out. All This team needs is a Quarterback and the sky is the limit. Zach has not shown that yet. He has flashes (Pittsburgh), what we want is consistency. The Jets have not had that at the QB position in a long time.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

He gets it to them on time, before time, behind them and every other way, at this point he still has to figure it out. All This team needs is a Quarterback and the sky is the limit. Zach has not shown that yet. He has flashes (Pittsburgh), what we want is consistency. The Jets have not had that at the QB position in a long time.

You're talking about something else now

23 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

I'm talking about winning, the kid needs to be consistent. He does not need to be Tom Brady, he needs to show accuracy and touch, which at this point and time he has not shown it at all. It is all one speed for him at this point. I am hoping he figures it out, I believe.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

2 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Remember G Wilson said Flacco throws a better catchable ball. With Zach, it is a 100 MPH or nothing.  Ughh

I am as critical on Wilson as anyone.  He has greatly improved his short passing (touch), IMO.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheClashFan said:

It is Wilson's fault.  The war in Ukraine is also his fault.  If he'd only give in to Putin's demands, the whole world would be at peace.

His relations with Putins mom haven't made anything better either

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Davis has been the most sure handed dude on the team this year

I do think this is interesting.

Truth is a few of Davis's "drops" last year were tough catches due to ZW being a bit off.  Zach also threw behind Davis a bunch of times last year...

Seems to be having similar problems with G. Wilson this year.  Zach just hasn't had a lot of time with Garret this year and their timing probably isn't on track and GW just might not yet be comfortable catching Zach's ball.  

Look, Zach's going to throw the ball hard - these are NFL receivers, catch it.

So it could just be a mix of - Zach is a bit off with getting the ball to GW exactly where it should be going and GW not used to ZW's ball.  

I think last year you could have subbed GW of CD - but now things are clicking with CD.