Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s Moores responsibility to STFU and play his best not to get pissed because the focus on GB was to run the ball.  Blaming ZW is dumb, I get after 3 straight wins we have to bitch about the Jets and the QB you didn’t want so he’s to blame when he has nothing to do with this

The numbies tell you that Moore doesn’t put up numbers when Zach is playing quarterback for the New York Jets. That much is indisputable. And that’s true for Garrett Wilson, as well. Whether we want to conclude that Zach Wilson is awesome or he sucks is immaterial. The facts are what they are

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

We should totally take the Jets at their word, pal

and those of us who have been following politics know the old "He's leaving to spend more time with his family" meme is just another way of saying he's about to get sh!tcanned

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The numbies tell you that Moore doesn’t put up numbers when Zach is playing quarterback for the New York Jets. That much is indisputable. And that’s true for Garrett Wilson, as well. Whether we want to conclude that Zach Wilson is awesome or he sucks is immaterial. The facts are what they are

Facts after 3 games may not be enough to draw conclusions on. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

bro they have whole packages set up for braxton berrios over moore. How can you blame the guy for wanting a trade. Only here on Jetnation would anyone defend the those ridiculous plays...see @Jetsfan80posts..he legitimately believe it is a good think that we waste Moore's talent and upside for the lil guys.

I dont like him being public on twitter complaining, but I get it. with only so many snaps to not even used is one thing, but to have inferior player used over you, featured over you. its crazy.

I dont think he goes anywhere but hopefully they maybe give him a few end arounds or looks this week.

I bet Garret Wilson feels the same way but as a rookie doesn't want to say anything..

So you go to the coaching staff and make your case.  

This is a me first approach, and no organization is one player big.

There is no defending this action, at all.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Except he’s not buried in the depth chart and to make matters worse the CSs responsibility to the team is to get wins not to keep selfish players happy.  

He's probably frustrated with his lack of targets, not snap count. He got 0 targets last game. He didn't really try to get them though based on what I've watched of him lately

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This stuff all seems sh*tty and short-sighted until the guy ends up on Dallas or Green Bay or Tampa or wherever his reps send him and he’s putting up numbers during prime time. It’s not Elijah Moore’s job to wait around until Zach figures it out. It’s not in his best interest to pretend to be a good soldier while the team muddles through the year pretending they’re competing with the counter-trey. You know what’s in Elijah Moore’s best interests? Going to the Rams, or the Packers, as fast as he possibly can. 

It’s also in his best interest to at least pretend to be a good teammate and care about winning more than just himself if he wants another team to invest big money on him. 

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I know. I also agree about Garret Wilson. This is too soon for this to happen when the team is purposely “babying” their flawed QB in hopes of him growing. If the Jets were losing, Zach should be benched. They are not losing and he is not hurting them enough to cause losses yet so the least Moore can do is be patient while they give the QB experiment a chance.

The results have been bizarre so far. 3-0 with some clutch moments, mistake free moments and boneheaded moments. It’s a mixed bag but the experiment can continue if they are winning. They should try to get other guys involved to avoid this but they may not be able to. If that’s the case, Zach won’t last at QB since he won’t be making progress. 

Garret Wilson has played 3 games with Zach wilson, what is this insanity? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Never let facts get in the way of what you want to believe! Also, never remember what you said about a player a couple weeks ago in case you need to dog him today. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

haha lol that's like cuz Zach Wilson stinks right?  Haha

It's exactly WHY this is happening- playing with the NFL's worst starting QB hurts the receivers who are hoping to have big seasons and with those big stats comes more $$$, it's not too hard of an equation to figure out and Shane's called it right off the other day when he cited the facts about how each Jets WR's numbers have gone down over the past 3 games that Wilson has started.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what’s in Elijah Moore’s best interests? Going to the Rams, or the Packers, as fast as he possibly can. 

Maybe - if he can get there. 

the jets don’t have to trade him anywhere. He’s under contract for a good while. They have the WR depth and the clout from their recent success to let this play out until they get EXACTLY what they want. Mims requested a trade months ago - how did that work out? And if he’s a distraction, they can simply make him inactive on game days. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, docdhc said:

It’s also in his best interest to at least pretend to be a good teammate and care about winning more than just himself if he wants another team to invest big money on him. 

Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Davante Adams, and AJ Brown all shot their way out of teams that were winning exponentially more than the Jets. Does anyone think those guys were soft, pussy losers? 

• Upvote 4

Just now, SoFlaJets said:

It's exactly WHY this is happening- playing with the NFL's worst starting QB hurts the receivers who are hoping too have big seasons and with those big stats comes more $$$, it's not to hard of an equation to figure out and Shane's called it right off the other day when he cited the facts about how each Jets WR's numbers have gone down over the past 3 games that Wilson has started.

This just isn’t true. Elite WRs produce with garbage QBs throwing the ball all the time. Hell, Corey Davis seems to do fine. 

So what's going on here?

First Mims. Now Moore. 

Do we do a bad job at scouting and end up with malcontents?

Is it the offensive system and play calling?  An inflexibility in the coaching staff?

Does Zach shoulder some blame? Albeit for as much as Flacco was throwing Moore wasn't putting up numbers this year. And Mims has never put up numbers.

It's not a good look and something Saleh needs to get to the bottom of asap.

• Upvote 2

Just now, shuler82 said:

So what's going on here?

First Mims. Now Moore. 

Is it the offensive system and play calling?  An inflexibility in the coaching staff?

Does Zach shoulder some blame? Albeit for as much as Flacco was throwing Moore wasn't putting up numbers this year. And Mims has never put up numbers.

Moore doesn’t get open, dogs routes, and drops balls. He is WR3 for a reason 

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

It's exactly WHY this is happening- playing with the NFL's worst starting QB hurts the receivers who are hoping too have big seasons and with those big stats comes more $$$, it's not to hard of an equation to figure out and Shane's called it right off the other day when he cited the facts about how each Jets WR's numbers have gone down over the past 3 games that Wilson has started.

Moore has this season and 2 more before getting big bucks. Hard to justify painting yourself as a me first diva at this point and thinking it’s in your best interest in the long run. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Conner talked about how excited Moore was when it was announced that ZW was returning because of how his numbers were last season.  So you’re wrong.  Along with the Jets have a top running game right now, it’s working.  Eventually it won’t and the focus will change.  It’s been 3 games, one specifically, Moore is absolutely wrong.  

Just now, shuler82 said:

So what's going on here?

First Mims. Now Moore. 

No need just look at Baltimore 

this is what happens when your team is built like a contender from the previous  generation of the nfl

I'm not terribly surprised. I remember watching Moore's tape leading up to the 2021 draft and noticing how many routes he dogged when he wasn't the primary target, so I could foresee this selfishness. 

Trade him to the Bears (who need WRs) and get Teven Jenkins back. Both were 2021 2nd rounders. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Davante Adams, and AJ Brown all shot their way out of teams that were winning exponentially more than the Jets. Does anyone think those guys were soft, pussy losers? 

We’re they in their 2nd year after mediocre production or had they already established their value?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is ridiculous. I get his point of view but it’s completely selfish to not be patient and give Zach a chance at this point with how we are winning as a team. I’m not saying give Zach forever to become a decent QB but Jesus Christ we are winning. This is insane and I’m not a believer in Zach at all. 

I completely agree with everything you said here… that makes this the best post in the thread. Congratulations!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Maybe - if he can get there. 

the jets don’t have to trade him anywhere. He’s under contract for a good while. They have the WR depth and the clout from their recent success to let this play out until they get EXACTLY what they want. Mims requested a trade months ago - how did that work out? And if he’s a distraction, they can simply make him inactive on game days. 

The difference is that Moore is a much better, more versatile player than Mims was or is. Douglas traded back (twice?) and still got Mims. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ok, but again, he has 12 catches on 21 targets in 3 games with Flacco this year. This argument doesn’t really go anywhere.