Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You dinged Moore for “only” having 57 career catches. I pointed out that the Jets leader in reception in 2021 had a wee 51 catches. And we’re wondering why a promising young wide receiver would want out? 

Lol, you are making my point for me

he had fewer catches than Jameson Crowder last year. He’s never even been the team’s number 1 option. He’s a talented player with some promise, but he’s not that guy yet. You don’t request a trade like this until you are that guy. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tyreek Hill, Stefon Diggs, Davante Adams, and AJ Brown all shot their way out of teams that were winning exponentially more than the Jets. Does anyone think those guys were soft, pussy losers? 

No, but they're jerks

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Last year this news would have been the usual clown show, no one wants to play for the jets etc.

this year it is kind of a shrug and the jets will be fine.

pretty impressive actually

The days of trotting out 

11 Robby Anderson.

16 Chad Hansen.

10 Jermaine Kearse.

87 JoJo Natson.

18 ArDarius Stewart.

82 Lucky Whitehead.

Are over.

Sorry Mr. Me The Jets have options now. Kiss off Elijah.

• Post of the Week 1

I've seen plenty of games where top rated impact receivers have not been for some reason thrown to in a game or games it just didn't work out or wasn't in the game plan. Last season he was 43-538 so far in 2022 he is 16-203. I agree they should throw more to him and over the course of a season it usually works out. Our passing game has not been the key to the offense this season so far.  Corey Davis is currently the Jets top wide receiver and has played well. He's 19-351. The Jets starting Qb was injured and only played in 3 games and his passing numbers are low the emphasis has been on the running game. Look it's typical of Wrs they are ego driven and he's not the only one with gripes and complaints if not thrown to. The situation with Mims is even more bizarre he hasn't even suited up all season. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Lol, you are making my point for me

he had fewer catches than Jameson Crowder last year. He’s never even been the team’s number 1 option. He’s a talented player with some promise, but he’s not that guy yet. You don’t request a trade like this until you are that guy. 

Moore played in 11 games. Led the team in yards and receiving TDs with five. Four of those TDs came in non-Zach Wilson games

• Upvote 1

Some of you are acting like Moore got 5 targets and he's pissed he didn't get 8.  

0 targets and a dwindling snap count (90 % in Week 4; 66 % in Week 5; 58 % in Week 6) would make any highly-drafted WR justifiably pissed off.  He got more targets in Week 3 than he's gotten SINCE. 

He was counted on quite a bit in 2021.  None of you, in his shoes, would be cool with spending an entire Sunday jogging around and not getting to do the one task his job asks him to do.  Yet here you all are turning on him with one tweet.

Cretins.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Some of you are acting like Moore got 5 targets and he's pissed he didn't get 8.  

0 targets and a dwindling snap count (90 % in Week 4; 66 % in Week 5; 58 % in Week 6) would make any highly-drafted WR justifiably pissed off.  He got more targets in Week 3 than he's gotten SINCE.

The rbs and tes are getting more targets and they’re also running the ball more.  The reality is that moore is a smallish jag slot guy who could be replaced by berrios or Jeff smith and nobody here would mind.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He has 1 “great” game where he barely cracked 100 yards 

I didn’t make the comment and just agreed with someone. Why are you hounding me? His production has gone down although the sample size is small. All I said was that I can see him feeling the same way over time like Moore it it continues and Zach doesn’t develop and continues to play the same. 

F4FB7C71-C05C-4455-A169-AAC046298471.thumb.jpeg.ded0ae6ae97ce66ad56a548be6b8c17b.jpeg

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You dinged Moore for “only” having 57 career catches. I pointed out that the Jets leader in reception in 2021 had a wee 51 catches. And we’re wondering why a promising young wide receiver would want out? 

He could want a bigger dick. Doesn't mean you have to give it to him. You can't have these guys trying to get out of their contracts or from their teams any time they want, especially when they team is winning AND scoring 30 a game during the winning streak.

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I wish you'd smash the ignore button, frankly.

I won't have to, I'll simply do with your posts what I do with half the other people around here lately who I could care less what they think about anything, I just assumed that maybe when it came to you and me that you were a big enough man to stop being such a...you know, the way you are

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was counted on quite a bit in 2021.  None of you, in his shoes, would be cool with spending an entire Sunday jogging around and not getting to do the one task his job asks him to do.  Yet here you all are turning on him with one tweet.

Cretins.

Hey cretin, would you have targeted Moore with this performance? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Moore played in 11 games. Led the team in yards and receiving TDs with five. Four of those TDs came in non-Zach Wilson games

He still hasn’t done anything close to justifying this sort of behavior. He’s going to get killed in the media for this and rightfully so.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I didn’t make the comment and just agreed with someone. Why are you hounding me? His production has gone down although the sample size is small. All I said was that I can see him feeling the same way over time like Moore it it continues and Zach doesn’t develop and continues to play the same. 

F4FB7C71-C05C-4455-A169-AAC046298471.thumb.jpeg.ded0ae6ae97ce66ad56a548be6b8c17b.jpeg

Wilson attempted 36 passes week 4, 21 week 5 and 18 week 6.  That’s why the stats have gone down.  It’s breece hall.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3-0 since week 3

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

The rbs and tes are getting more targets and they’re also running the ball more.  The reality is that moore is a smallish jag slot guy who could be replaced by berrios or Jeff smith and nobody here would mind.

And why should Moore be cool with that?  He's in year 2 of a 4-year rookie deal.  None of this is going to be particularly helpful for him from a career advancement perspective.

I just don't really understand the strong reaction to this.  He's pissed and he should be.  The only thing he did wrong was make this frustration public.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Because jet fans can’t exist without complaining about something and right now the qb is the only thing worth complaining about.

Because he is 3-0 on the year... If anyone remembers this is exactly how bradys career began... Everyone bitched about he couldn't throw down field... Short  passes but he just won... Now the jets are doing the same... You can call it hiding Zach... Or only ask him to do what needs to be done to win with a great defense at his back

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

So what's going on here?

First Mims. Now Moore. 

Do we do a bad job at scouting and end up with malcontents?

Is it the offensive system and play calling?  An inflexibility in the coaching staff?

Does Zach shoulder some blame? Albeit for as much as Flacco was throwing Moore wasn't putting up numbers this year. And Mims has never put up numbers.

It's not a good look and something Saleh needs to get to the bottom of asap.

It’s the generation these young men came of age in.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And why should Moore be cool with that?  He's in year 2 of a 4-year rookie deal.  None of this is going to be particularly helpful for him from a career advancement perspective.

I just don't really understand the strong reaction to this.  He's pissed and he should be.  The only thing he did wrong was make this frustration public.  

That’s what we’re pissed about, that he took it public when the jets are 4-2.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We got our assess kicked in week 3 and haven’t lost since. 

• Upvote 1