Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

20 minutes ago, doitny said:

Moore didnt ask for a trade for nothing. he had a meeting with Saleh and then asked for one. put 2 and 2 together. 

Saleh must have told him something that made him believe were not going to be throwing it much. and Football guy told me in another tread that they want Zach to master the little things and by my understanding of it, they will used this whole year if need be. 

it could be till next year before we see "Air Zach" if ever

Sweet, another redshirt year for the # 2 overall pick.  lmao.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Speaking of twisting stats, his one good game with Wilson last year was when he had six catches on 12 targets for 77 yards in a game the Jets got absolutely smashed in. 

But the majority of his yards and targets (including his TD) were all when the game was very much competitive? They weren't in garbage time at all?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, doitny said:

Moore didnt ask for a trade for nothing. he had a meeting with Saleh and then asked for one. put 2 and 2 together. 

Saleh must have told him something that made him believe were not going to be throwing it much. and Football guy told me in another tread that they want Zach to master the little things and by my understanding of it, they will used this whole year if need be. 

it could be till next year before we see "Air Zach" if ever

Or Saleh told him quit being a pussy and be a team first guy . 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Some of you are acting like Moore got 5 targets and he's pissed he didn't get 8.  

0 targets and a dwindling snap count (90 % in Week 4; 66 % in Week 5; 58 % in Week 6) would make any highly-drafted WR justifiably pissed off.  He got more targets in Week 3 than he's gotten SINCE. 

He was counted on quite a bit in 2021.  None of you, in his shoes, would be cool with spending an entire Sunday jogging around and not getting to do the one task his job asks him to do.  Yet here you all are turning on him with one tweet.

Cretins.

He asked for a trade, he can go **** himself, and he is (was) one of my favorite players on the team.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I get being upset with Moore.

What I don’t get is people thinking that benching him will suddenl make Mims capable of playing WR in this league.

Because Mims coming out of college had just as much potential if not more than Elijah. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The flaw with your and the Zach hater brigades argument is Moore wasn't lighting it up this season with Flacco either. Does he continue to bitch until the Jets trade 4 1sts for Mahomes.  Way too soon for this guy to get his panties in a wad. 

Read my earlier posts about Moore before making assumptions. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

and Football guy told me in another tread that they want Zach to master the little things and by my understanding of it, they will used this whole year if need be. 

That's really not what he said.

Saleh has plainly said that he trusts Zach to throw the ball when they need him to throw the ball.  This offense wants to run the ball first.  That's what they're going to do - and when they can't they will throw it.

As in in Pitt, when they asked Zach to throw - he killed it.

In Miami, 3rd quarter, they needed Zach to throw it..and he did.

Yes, they want to keep as much pressure off Zach as they could while he grows, but they have full faith in him to win games when he's asked to...I mean, after all, why wouldn't they.  He's delivered every time when he's been asked this year.

• Upvote 2

Obviously this is not a good look from Moore. He has to know that the Jets aren't just going to trade him, particularly because Mims just requested a trade and they didn't trade him.. Unless his agent back channeled some team making an offer they think the Jets are going to accept, this just makes him look bad and won't actually accomplish his goal. If anything it decreases his trade value, which just makes it less likely he gets traded. Also brutal timing with them on a winning streak. I wouldn't put it out there at all, but at least wait until after a loss. I guess the trade deadline is coming up, but still bad.
I've been a little confused at points about the receiver room the Jets have assembled with the offense they're running, and also the way they mesh with Wilson's strengths and how they're going to use him as they attempt to develop him - second reaction stuff, sideline, and deep things they can put together playing off the run game. The smaller, more slender guys who have played in the slot just don't mesh as well with that. You can see they miss having an X who can win contested stuff on the sideline and Moore is absolutely not that dude. I think this is kind of that coming to a head, since he's getting used very little and in that way - which doesn't mesh well with his skill set - when he does get used.
For all the flack about how good he is, Moore's a good receiver and if he gets traded to a team with a good timing based passing game I would be a little surprised if he doesn't meaningfully improve the numbers he's been putting up here. I kind of hope they find a way to make things work with him, but maybe just enough to boost his value since this overall move by him is really disappointing and I'm not sure there's space for that kind of attitude on a team that's trying to piece together a winning culture. Which is a bummer, because I'm a fan of his skill set.

Moore does not want to play in the slot. That’s why he is being used outside. Problem is he sucks. I don’t get the infatuation with this guy. He reminds me of a Jameson Crowder, but he thinks he’s DeAndre Hopkins. He needs to come back down to earth…especially when you running routes like a slouch. I’d release him and eat the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I get being upset with Moore.

What I don’t get is people thinking that benching him will suddenl make Mims capable of playing WR in this league.

honestly he would be replace by Berrios not Mims in the lineup. Berrios doesnt get many snaps right now. Mims would replace Berrios snaps which would be 5- 10 a game

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

There is NO defense of this bullsh*t.  It’s simply a selfish move 

I wish he didn’t do what he did, but this is pretty narrow minded thinking on your part. You’re looking at this solely as a fan of the Jets.

Moore is looking at it from his (granted, it seems selfish to us) point of view. He doesn’t think anything about his situation is going to change, and with the trade deadline looming, from his standpoint this is actually the perfect time to pull this.

It seems like he had a talk with LaFleur about this, and still wasn’t happy. What good would it have done him to keep quiet until after the deadline passed?

Would you stay with a company you were unhappy with if you had a chance to leave? I doubt it. Why do we expect pro athletes to do it?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1