Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Neither option excites me to be honest.
People here are underestimating how bad this could end up for the Jets going forward.

My feeling is, if you draft playmakers, you need to find a way to incorporate them in the offense. If this was only about the Green Bay game, that would be one thing. I don’t think that’s it though, do you?

i agree.

do you remember when people on this board bitched about how bad this CS was because they couldnt find a way to get Mims in the offense last year?

who cares if Mims doesnt understand the whole playbook, make special plays just for him. LOL.

but now its like.... screw Moore . we're winning. who cares if he gets no targets. 

we are going to need these WRs and Zach to win us some games, they need to get more in game reps no matter how good were running it cause when we need then there is going to be rusty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I wish he didn’t do what he did, but this is pretty narrow minded thinking on your part. You’re looking at this solely as a fan of the Jets.

Moore is looking at it from his (granted, it seems selfish to us) point of view. He doesn’t think anything about his situation is going to change, and with the trade deadline looming, from his standpoint this is actually the perfect time to pull this.

It seems like he had a talk with LaFleur about this, and still wasn’t happy. What good would it have done him to keep quiet until after the deadline passed?

Would you stay with a company you were unhappy with if you had a chance to leave? I doubt it. Why do we expect pro athletes to do it?

This is self sabotage more than it just being unhappy. Any team having to keep mental tabs on a player by the day isn’t probably worth it. Especially one who hasn’t been particularly productive.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

I'm sure a percentage of the board will come to one conclusion and a percentage of the board will come to another very different conclusion.

If I remove my Zach-skeptic glasses for a second, I’d say that the optimistic read is that Moore is a smaller target who requires tight window throws and Zach Wilson is not throwing it into tight windows, even on his best days.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If I remove my Zach-skeptic glasses for a second, I’d say that the optimistic read is that Moore is a smaller target who requires tight window throws and Zach Wilson is not throwing it into tight windows, even on his best days.

I suppose, but on the other hand if he’s creating separation at an above average rate (per the numbers) then there’s actually less need to throw it into a tight window, right? Unless they’re only calling the plays Moore gets open on when Flacco’s at QB.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's funny how many people are saying that mims is going to solve this 

That guy asked for a trade weeks ago 

Look it's great they are winning and all but they are doing it without a passing game 

It's 2022 and they aren't even trying to pass 

That's going to catch up with them sooner rather than later 

As for Moore and mims they are messing with these guys future money. Moore doesn't get paid for breece hall's running 

It's not right but it's understandable 

This outside run ground and pound system isn't making any pass catchers happy 

The Jets are winning who cares how.  Let me guess you think Mark Sanchez didn’t throw enough passes in that Bills lose his rookie year when we rushed for like 500 yards.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The Jets are winning who cares how.  Let me guess you think Mark Sanchez didn’t throw enough passes in that Bills lose his rookie year when we rushed for like 500 yards.

Ground and pound works in the UFC 

In the NFL it is an outdated way to play 

It was obsolete 20 years ago 

The league is never going to reward offensive incompetence and that goes for Zach and Sanchez 

As for Moore he's not going to shut up and let his career go down the drain because they want to run an offense from the 1950s and nor should he 

This streak is fun and all but it's no way to play offense in the year 2022 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, undertow said:

This whole thread is filled with people blaming everyone why is it people only get their panties in a twist if it involves Wilson?  Kinda suspect if you ask me.

On a day of dumb posts you managed to outdo all of them. Comparing Wilson to a guy that just demanded a trade while his team is 4-2 is comical..... at best. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

I suppose, but on the other hand if he’s creating separation at an above average rate (per the numbers) then there’s actually less need to throw it into a tight window, right? Unless they’re only calling the plays Moore gets open on when Flacco’s at QB.

The separation numbers are compiled only on completions, and he doesn’t have a lot of those. The two I remember against the Steelers (and from Zach) both came on the right side—one for 28 on an in-breaking route and the other on a deep out along the sideline. 

• Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Would you stay with a company you were unhappy with if you had a chance to leave? I doubt it. Why do we expect pro athletes to do it?

There is your answer.

I understand your points but the kid has no leverage and has not earned the right to demand anything. All he did this week was let Cimini put a battery in his back, wind him up and put him in a bad light with the team and fans.

This whole scene is because he got tricked into reacting to a tweet by Rich Cimini.

Dumbarse

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Blame this on Wilson all you want but when you've got Breece Hall seesawing his taint all over opposing defenses it's kind of pointless taking risks

It's impressive they are winning like this but force feeding breece isn't going to beat Buffalo and maybe not even New England. 

The offense is dysfunctional even though they are winning games 

We all pretty much know that but people don't like talking about it 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

Okay so what if it is Wilson and he needs more time. I would say it obvious and thats why they drafted Hall. Gives them time for the BYU product with impressive arm talent  to understand the NFL and the offense. Moore wasn’t willing to wait. 

I think it was @Jetsfan80 who said it, Jets fan are just mad that we are losing Moore. Which is 100% why I am mad. He is impatient and wants his day in the Sun now. So **** him.

If you can’t see Wilson rubbing some people the wrong way I don’t know what to tell you. I am a Wilson supporter as I see he has the talent but we need the mental side to be in sync with the physical. Then we can have something special.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bart Scott is a national treasure.

“Don’t talk to your friends. Talk to someone that’s been through it,” says Bart Scott. Moore’s best friend is AJ Brown. I listen to that show when I’m on the road. Alan Hahn should expense his Lexapro.

• Thumb Down 1

The league is never going to reward offensive incompetence and that goes for Zach and Sanchez 
As for Moore he's not going to shut up and let his career go down the drain because they want to run an offense from the 1950s and nor should he 

No one has said we are an exclusive running team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah I don’t think this is what LaFluer and Saleh want to run it’s what the game plan should have been, the Packers are one of if not the top passing D in the league right now.  If you run the ball and get 5-6 yards a pop then yes don’t stop running.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The separation numbers are compiled only on completions, and he doesn’t have a lot of those. The two I remember against the Steelers (and from Zach) both came on the right side—one for 28 on an in-breaking route and the other on a deep out along the sideline. 

From the last page, this was after week three which is why I made the comment about only calling the plays Moore gets open when Flacco is at QB:

"Moore has run an NFL-high 150 pass routes but has been targeted only 21 times. That's a target/route ratio of 14%, which ranks 150th. There's another way to look at it: He has run more yardage on untargeted routes (1,882 yards) than any player in the league.

He is getting open -- a lot. According to a new ESPN metric that tracks separation on untargeted routes, Moore's "open" score is tops on the Jets and tied for 15th in the NFL. His production slippage could be tied to the fact that he's running more vertical routes than he did as a rookie, as his average target has gone from 11.9 yards to 14.3. Clearly, quarterback Joe Flacco wasn't able to capitalize.

Moore's "superpower," to use an expression from the Jets' coaches, is his ability to separate quickly and make plays in space. At 5-foot-10, he's not the quintessential deep threat. Offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur believes Moore can do it all, explaining that he was used on deep routes last week because the Cincinnati Bengals packed the middle and "begged" them to throw outside."

• Upvote 3