Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Sir, this is a thread about a selfish little boy, not about whether the QB will be able to carry a game on his shoulders.

Well said and 100% correct. Although a few yahoo’s continue to use the tread to beat up ZW.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Players on winning teams do better in free agency than players on losing teams, I guarantee it.

And **** his future prospects. It's the New York Jets not the New York Elijah Moore's Future Prospects.

I feel like nicking Kenny Pickett and Skylar Thompson may have Jets fans a little bit out over their skies right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There was zero evidence of Moore being ‘selfish’ before this

You can both win AND put your best players in position to contribute. Moore is being schemed into a stupid role. He’s basically a decoy, because his routes take too long to develop and Zach can’t read defenses and wait for them to develop. So, similar to QW lashing out about scheme, I don’t disagree with Moore.

I don’t agree with the mindset of “you can criticize or ask for change because you’re winning”. We’re not always going to be able to hide the atrocity that Zach is - and then we’re going to need Moore being used smartly, and for the pip squeak get the ball to him.

Ultimately, Moore isn’t wrong. It’s a problem that needs fixing - even if we’re able yo get away with it right now. Good teams will figure out how to exploit it eventually.

We don’t need before, especially when before means what a seasons worth of football?  
He’s not being schemed into a stupid role.  He’s been targeted before GB.  GB struggles against the run and the Jets ripped them apart running the ball.  I have no idea how this was a stupid scheme on any level when it produces a win.  That’s all we want are wins, now we’ve decided the wins have to be had differently?  No one anywhere, unanimously agrees with Moore.  He’s being selfish.  I’ll dial it back, he’s being childish 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Again this has nothing to do with money.  Elijah makes the same money for the next 2 1/2 years whether he catches passes or not. 

And then?

Happily ever after?

Players are loyal to themselves. They’re all mercenaries and WR’s are especially self obsessed. I love how offended fans get when they figure this out.

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's tough to want to throw more when the qb has to be protected and managed like this 

More throws means more chance of interceptions

Zach is under water on td / int for his whole career 

They are hiding him. It's gotta be sh*tty to be a wide receiver for the Jets 

A whole career of what 15 games. Look at Aikman's or Peyton Mannings first 15 games. You dipsh*ts would have wanted those qbs traded and labeled them busts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

So game flow, opponent and circumstance makes no difference. 

The coaches deserve credit because I honestly don't know how they are winning any of these games. 

I also wonder If they wanted to build a run first offense why draft Zach, Moore, Garrett Wilson and mims at all? 

Parcells said you are what your record is so by that standard this is a great team 

I can't help but feel like someone is going to eventually stop this run and they won't have a plan B 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, bitonti said:

The coaches deserve credit because I honestly don't know how they are winning any of these games. 

I also wonder If they wanted to build a run first offense why draft Zach, Moore, Garrett Wilson and mims at all? 

Parcells said you are what your record is so by that standard this is a great team 

I can't help but feel like someone is going to eventually stop this run and they won't have a plan B 

You are jumping to conclusions after two games where the Jets played with a lead. ?

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Totally.

Absolutely zero evidence:

everyone loved Moore until about 12 hours ago 

He's always been the dog pee guy. That happened years ago.

We all loved him when he scored like a touchdown every game last year. 

Now all of a sudden this celebration is a huge red flag? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We don’t need before, especially when before means what a seasons worth of football?  
He’s not being schemed into a stupid role.  He’s been targeted before GB.  GB struggles against the run and the Jets ripped them apart running the ball.  I have no idea how this was a stupid scheme on any level when it produces a win.  That’s all we want are wins, now we’ve decided the wins have to be had differently?  No one anywhere, unanimously agrees with Moore.  He’s being selfish.  I’ll dial it back, he’s being childish 

I literally just said I agree with him.

His role is stupid, yes. Deep, slow developing routes - when Flacco had a patchwork OL and Zach is Zach.

We can have wins and also want to get better. There’s a ton of room for improvement. What happens when we can’t run the ball? We have no passing offense. Having him run routes is not ‘getting him involved’. To me, this is a case of him seeing a gaping hole in the team that other teams will figure out. It’s not just about GB.

Its very easy to shout “selfish”, but I’m looking more deeply at the root cause if this flare up.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

SNY Tweet

"Moore had an “uncharacteristic outburst” before practice on Thursday that surprised teammates and angered coaches, sources said. This led to a discussion with both offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur and head coach Robert Saleh. The three decided it would be best if Moore left the facility for a personal day. The thought was that Moore would spend time with his family and calm down."

https://on.sny.tv/b5PRITc

That's not good, if true.

• Upvote 2

Just now, sackdance said:

Jets need to win on Sunday. 

Historically a 5-2 record = 76% prob of playoff appearance 

I don't care if special teams score all the points.

One way to look at it, I suppose. Players do care about their production, however.

Just now, Ken Schroy said:

SNY Tweet

"Moore had an “uncharacteristic outburst” before practice on Thursday that surprised teammates and angered coaches, sources said. This led to a discussion with both offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur and head coach Robert Saleh. The three decided it would be best if Moore left the facility for a personal day. The thought was that Moore would spend time with his family and calm down."

https://on.sny.tv/b5PRITc

Social media put this into his head.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Given that, it reads like he has the talent to be a featured receiver, but the QB position has been a mess

And even if the truth isn’t quite there, I certainly don’t think he’s a bad player as some are saying in this thread or someone who should be getting 0 targets in any game.

And I still think there’s just some passing game skill set mismatch among the talented young guys they’ve acquired that I don’t quite understand.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like nicking Kenny Pickett and Skylar Thompson may have Jets fans a little bit out over their skies right now. 

Big time.

Its like they forgot that before beating a bunch of garbage QBs we were forecasting another lost season.

If teams go all in on making Zach beat them, we are gonna get kicked in the fupa.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, derp said:

And even if the truth isn’t quite there, I certainly don’t think he’s a bad player as some are saying in this thread or someone who should be getting 0 targets in any game.

And I still think there’s just some passing game skill set mismatch among the talented young guys they’ve acquired that I don’t quite understand.

This is a (very) low volume passing attack. There will be those variance weeks when guys aren’t targeted.

We could’ve had Minshew run this attack (and better) for basically free… Jets will need to take off the reins and let the QB at least try to step up sooner rather than later.