Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

3 minutes ago, derp said:

I understand it’s a low volume passing attack. I still think even on a week they attempt 18 passes, a player like Moore shouldn’t be getting 0 targets. Especially if Wilson is being shadowed by the opponent’s best corner.

I also don’t think Moore’s skill set is as effectively utilized in a low volume passing attack. To me it actually makes more sense for someone like Mims. If you’re going low volume and running it a lot I’d think you’d want shot plays.

Sure he should get more targets I’m saying with a low volume attack those weeks are just going to happen 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Your the second person in this thread to mention 15 games 

Most qbs play more than 15 in a year 

We're halfway through year 2 he's missed 8 games 

It doesn't matter if it's 1 game it's a problem to be throwing more picks than touchdowns 

Yes, but many do not get hurt in their rookie year and second year. If you want argue that he's injury prone that would make more sense than saying he isn't getting it yet and he should have. That's silliness.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Timing is everything. 

What Moore did, with this team winning and feeling good about itself, was ridiculously selfish and immature and warrants a formal punishment from the team. 

and the fact that he supposedly had an emotional outburst at practice over this silliness that was so bad that PVO Bob actually sent him home makes me question his viability here going forward  

I agree. He looks like a jackass.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Timing is everything. 

What Moore did, with this team winning and feeling good about itself, was ridiculously selfish and immature and warrants a formal punishment from the team. 

and the fact that he supposedly had an emotional outburst at practice over this silliness that was so bad that PVO Bob actually sent him home makes me question his viability here going forward  

These anti-zach posters are not seeing this... They just use every opportunity to sh*t on their favorite punching bag... 

This is about timing and how he did it... 

Cry baby... He dogs routes... Who cares who is throwing the ball... If you want to get the ball you have to work at it... Dogging routes... Being a bitch and complaining does nothing to help you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's tough to want to throw more when the qb has to be protected and managed like this 

More throws means more chance of interceptions

Zach is under water on td / int for his whole career 

They are hiding him. It's gotta be sh*tty to be a wide receiver for the Jets 

Football guy seems to think that they are bringing him along at the pace they want.  Expect it will open up. 
two bad games as a rookie screw the numbers up

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hawk said:

He asked for a trade, he can go **** himself, and he is (was) one of my favorite players on the team.  

I've been a huge fan of his. He could have easily handled this differently. 

It's hard to think that he'll come back in a few days, admit it was his bad and be a super teammate going forward. Ulbrich said a few weeks ago that one of the reasons he likes this team so much is that there are no "a holes" in the locker room. Can't keep him around if he's going to be a cancer to the team.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Half our fanbase wanted to “let Revis rot” when he was our best player on an AFC title team lol.

It’s within the province of fans to react emotionally

14 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Yes let’s compare the best defensive player in the league to our #3 WR

He is not comparing. He is saying that if Jets fans will turn on a POTY candidate, they will turn on anyone.

• Upvote 1

Hello

joined your board to discuss this. I am in the camp of trading Moore. The Jets have a young man in Braxton Berrios who is more than capable of filling Elijah Moore’s role. 

Could you imagine if Bill Parcells was the head coach and Moore pulled this? He’d be gone the next day. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, JohnnyBravo said:

Hello

joined your board to discuss this. I am in the camp of trading Moore. The Jets have a young man in Braxton Berrios who is more than capable of filling Elijah Moore’s role. 

Could you imagine if Bill Parcells was the head coach and Moore pulled this? He’d be gone the next day. 

One day the jets…..berrios on this team

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

everyone loved Moore until about 12 hours ago 

He's always been the dog pee guy. That happened years ago.

We all loved him when he scored like a touchdown every game last year. 

Now all of a sudden this celebration is a huge red flag? 

When the guy says that he’s moved on from the incident, grew from it, is a team first guy, etc. and then pulls a selfish move again?  Yeah.  It’s not just a red flag, it’s a bright red flare.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

@Reasonable Jets Fan stop sniping from the shadows and actually respond to these posts you are negging.

Stop being a bitch and realize that even if Zach Wilson is as bad as you want him to be... This outburst is nothing but a child having a tantrum... And if you can't see that and have to use this to enforce your worn out anti zach position, you are more bull headed than I thought. 

If you want to have a discussion about Zach, I respect that.... But this is about a 1st grader not getting the dinner they wanted... It's one thing to complain... It's another to lash out and request a trade 17 games into your career... No matter who throws the ******* ball

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It’s within the providence of fans to react emotionally

He is not comparing. He is saying that if Jets fans will turn on a POTY candidate, they will turn on anyone.

It’s a nonsensical point because Jets fans (and Jets players) should be turning on Moore for this. There is no excuse for his behavior. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That’s not selfish. It’s just poor taste and dumb. Literally this is the only straw man in the ‘he’s selfish’ argument, too.

How is making the moment about you, not your team, while also costing your team a critical victory, not selfish?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It doesn't matter if it's 1 game it's a problem to be throwing more picks than touchdowns 

Your a$$hole wr has also missed about the same amount of games... So what's your point

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, derp said:

I understand it’s a low volume passing attack. I still think even on a week they attempt 18 passes, a player like Moore shouldn’t be getting 0 targets. Especially if Wilson is being shadowed by the opponent’s best corner.

I also don’t think Moore’s skill set is as effectively utilized in a low volume passing attack. To me it actually makes more sense for someone like Mims. If you’re going low volume and running it a lot I’d think you’d want shot plays.

Forget today's news for a moment - I do think you hit on something here with Moore maybe just not fitting this offense, especially with the arrival of G Wil?

Are they too similar as players to have both?

Ideally you'd want another bigger, downfield receiver.

Part of me understands the Zach haters because other than two drives Pittsburgh, he hasn't done anything impressive. But I can't help but be happy that we're winning and wanted us to use Breece more, which we've done. And it's not easy to go to Pittsburgh or Lambeau and get the win. I didn't expect a high-flying offense in either game. 

Maybe Garrett Wilson has just made Elijah Moore redundant and we should move on? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo said:

Hello

Joined the board to say that, thank you for you input Johnny Bravo what would we do without you. Please. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's thrown 1 pick in his last 8 starts . That's better than many Hof qbs . So keep pushing that narrative

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Stop being a bitch and realize that even if Zach Wilson is as bad as you want him to be... This outburst is nothing but a child having a tantrum... And if you can't see that and have to use this to enforce your worn out anti zach position, you are more bull headed than I thought. 

If you want to have a discussion about Zach, I respect that.... But this is about a 1st grader not getting the dinner they wanted... It's one thing to complain... It's another to lash out and request a trade 17 games into your career... No matter who throws the ******* ball

You can call Moore a child and still realise why he’s doing what he is. 

If the Jets passing attack continues like it has under Zach then Moore will not be an isolated incident. WR’s are notorious for dogging it or forcing their way out of bad situations whether winning or not. Hollywood Brown just forced his way out of a team that are consistently a playoff contender for these same reasons. 

Moore is probably only hurting himself with this outburst but this will be an issue for the Jets going forward if Zach doesn’t improve.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

You can call Moore a child and still realise why he’s doing what he is. 

If the Jets passing attack continues like it has under Zach then Moore will not be an isolated incident. WR’s are notorious for dogging it or forcing their way out of bad situations whether winning or not. Hollywood Brown just forced his way out of a team that are consistently a playoff contender for these same reasons. 

Moore is probably only hurting himself with this outburst but this will be an issue for the Jets going forward if Zach doesn’t improve.

damn those 5'7 wrs really have some egos don't they

• Upvote 1