Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

21 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Just amazing

- Texting his frustration Sunday

- Telling teammates he wants off the team (I'm shocked he was pulling that crap)

- Blowing up at practice

- After team let's him off early to take a break, instead of letting things blow over, he asks for a trade

- Airing all his grievances in public as opposed to talking to coaches in private

Dang, he keeps doubling down on over-the-top behavior. He's keeps digging the whole deeper and deeper.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Depending on the level this goes to, or how long it becomes a distraction, he might need to be gone. Can't keep a festering cancer around. 

This can definitely go that route. 

You don't want to cave to players trade demands but you also don't want a malcontent around, especially one that could likely get you back some decent value.  

If you could pull off a deal with the panthers for dj moore......

39 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

So are you with Elijah on this one? 

Uhhhhhhhhh I sympathize with him a bit. Hard to see the light at the end of this tunnel with the way the offense was trending. Also, I predicted this during the summer when Zach Wilson was fixated on throwing the ball to Tyler Conklin every day in camp, and I do like to be right on the internet so

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You can call Moore a child and still realise why he’s doing what he is. 

If the Jets passing attack continues like it has under Zach then Moore will not be an isolated incident. WR’s are notorious for dogging it or forcing their way out of bad situations whether winning or not. Hollywood Brown just forced his way out of a team that are consistently a playoff contender for these same reasons. 

Moore is probably only hurting himself with this outburst but this will be an issue for the Jets going forward if Zach doesn’t improve.

If Wilson doesn’t improve we can have this conversation, at the end of next season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Depending on the level this goes to, or how long it becomes a distraction, he might need to be gone. Can't keep a festering cancer around. 

Too many veterans in the locker room that will keep everyone on track... If others were on his side or if he had more of a leg to stand on or if the team was losing than yes.... 

I think the culture they built is strong and if this has been going on like in Green Bay win... Then they will just ignore it

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Is there any end game that he can stay and be productive again?  Or are we past the poo t of no return! I assume If he eats a little crow, says he said some things in heat of the moment but realizes he wants to be a team player, it will subside in due time.  

Have we heard his exact words? Has the trade request been confirmed  ?

1 minute ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Is there any end game that he can stay and be productive again?  Or are we past the poo t of no return! I assume If he eats a little crow, says he said some things in heat of the moment but realizes he wants to be a team player, it will subside in due time.  

There’s a way back of course. This is his first incident far as we know. Saleh is a positive dude so he needs to sell the positive to Moore and get him back in the fold. Otherwise I’d ask Saleh…

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You can call Moore a child and still realise why he’s doing what he is. 

If the Jets passing attack continues like it has under Zach then Moore will not be an isolated incident. WR’s are notorious for dogging it or forcing their way out of bad situations whether winning or not. Hollywood Brown just forced his way out of a team that are consistently a playoff contender for these same reasons. 

Moore is probably only hurting himself with this outburst but this will be an issue for the Jets going forward if Zach doesn’t improve.

It doesn't matter... This is not on Zach... No matter how you spin it... 

Not celebrating a win... Crying about how you want out when everyone is happy... This is selfish no matter how good you are... 

How about he stops giving up on plays... Making himself open.. Or just stop dropping so many ******* balls.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I'm pretty sure we're past the poo of no return. 

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Yes, but less than Davis and Wilson, and they like Berrios on WR Carries better as well. Not to mention Breece and the TEs. 

Let’s see how Jets handle. Don’t think it’s good team management to orbit a player under these circumstances without trying to reel him back in first. Will just incentivate others to shoot their way out of town. If Saleh is good at anything you’d think this is his time to shine.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

This situation has been building since draft day when the Jets picked Garrett. He probably thought he would go into this season as the #1 receiver.

Then, when all of the attention shifted to Garrett after the Cleveland game, I think that's when he mentally checked out. Green Bay was the final straw.

JD and Saleh need to kill this thing ASAP so that everyone can move on. Inactivate him indefinitely; he shouldn't play another down this season.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Compare Elijah’s situation to Michael Carter and you have a man and a 2 year old.

Elijah can’t catch and he’s now officially a b*tch.  Bring on Berrios/Mims.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This can definitely go that route. 

You don't want to cave to players trade demands but you also don't want a malcontent around, especially one that could likely get you back some decent value.  

If you could pull off a deal with the panthers for dj moore......

Sounds like the team tried to give him time to chill out, and he took it to the next defcon level. Some people just won't let reason and patience control, they have to be chirping and can't let things be. We'll see if he's going to put his head down and go to work over the next two weeks. 

I hope the Jets keep him out Sunday just so we can see if he's going to handle it maturely or if he's going to melt down. Then we'll know we need to get him traded to the Bucs as quick as possible so they can replace Antonio Brown.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Too many veterans in the locker room that will keep everyone on track... If others were on his side or if he had more of a leg to stand on or if the team was losing than yes.... 

I think the culture they built is strong and if this has been going on like in Green Bay win... Then they will just ignore it

Right. He is sticking out like a sore thumb amongst his teammates. 

The Jets Offense has changed completely with the emergence of the Hall-Carter tandem and the TE personnel groups.This is what is winning us games, and frankly when your are WINNING GAMES (ahead on scoreboard), you don't need to throw, you need tone able to run. That dynamic is totally upside down. How often have we been losing on the scoreboard?

The WRs know this.

Also, the passing game is better with the 11 and 12 personnel groupings. Hall and Carter are better in many cases as receivers for ZW than the WRS, especially when they can't get off the line or get open.

The CS needs to run the most effective personnel. Bottomline.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

You called Corey Davis a “mental midget” and said he was no better than Denzel Mims last month lol.

He just says whatever he thinks helps him in he current debate. He’s not concerned with internal consistency lol

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

And he’s been balling out since. I am not  afraid to see the facts and change my mind. 

In the last month he’s averaging 47 yards and 0.25 TDs a game… if that’s all it took to completely 180 degree opinion on him… I don’t believe you.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1