Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

30 minutes ago, docdhc said:

This is different. It’s the 1st half of the season and during a 3 game winning streak. He comes out of a big win and cares only about his production. He becomes a big distraction and shows up his QB at the same time. He also hasn’t proven anything in the league. He was injured part of last  year and only flashed in a few games. This Isn’t going to give him any leverage it’s only going to hurt his brand. 

This

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Can you expand on this or no

Yes. Winning is what matters. The Jets are 3-0 with Zach and 1-2 without him. To defend a selfish player because he feels he is not being targeted when the team is finally finding success is frankly idiotic. I understand you have always been critical of Zach and it is apparently more important to you to be proven right rather than to enjoy the success the Jets are having with him as their starting QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I don't have a problem with a player trying to use the very few levers he has (going to the media, holding out) to gain some control of their careers, but in this case I do not think he's going about it in a smart way. The timing sucks (2nd year player who hasn't "arrived" and team not a trainwreck) and may end up hurting him in the end.

Yep, that and this is coming after a 3 game winning streak and the team looks great.  Not to mention he's the most utilized WR in the offense.  Just an incredible level of selfishness. 

Makes you wonder who he fooled to be portrayed as the ultimate teammate, friend, leader,  when he's really a selfish little sh*t who has a distorted perception of his worth.  Between this and the lift the leg to mock the Bulldogs after a TD that cost his team the game in college, and then this video surfaced, he's a punk, honestly, seeing this I'd trade his ass, he's toxic:

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

There are plenty of teams who win with malcontents and selfish players on the roster.
If he sucks we’re not getting anything in trade.  If he’s really a talented malcontent figure it out.  Not every good, contributing player has to put out positive vibes to have a winning football team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed. He’s a 22 yo who made a mistake. A selfish mistake & a distraction to a winning team, but not worth destroying him on the #1 fan site.
Coaches are taking care of it & that will be that. Tory Dandy is his agent (same as Robbie Anderson)so he may be getting bad advise. Tory knows the NY Jets are a team where WR go to die!

There may be a certain team in GB looking to make a trade and have EM push the trade value down to a 4th

Your giving him way more benefit of a doubt than I am willing to. I have no sympathy for stupidity and selfishness. 

the problem though is zach wilson too. dude just hasn't been very good since we drafted him. he has only had one game really where you can say, ok he played pretty good (tennessee last year) and has already missed 8 games due to being fragile. he literally just doesn't see open receivers constantly, and a lot of times is inaccurate. he will go down as a bust unfortunately and we are still looking for our qb

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

okay so moore is frustrated with playing time.  was he getting open?  wilson threw 10 completions against gb. not exactly a lot of passes for any receiver.  it sounds bad but consider the reporters get more coverage for bad news as opposed to good news.  the good news is right there for everyone to see.  watch the game and you'll see sauce doing a great job or hall running through defenses.  you don't need a reporter to tell you how good things are going.

as for moore, the jets need to make a good evaluation of his situation.  they haven't gone a full season without an injury to a wr.  they need to look at the film and see if he's been open and missed by wilson or he's being overmatched by the db's.  i suspect la fleur can put in 5 plays specifically for moore.  but then there is the whole issue of when those plays will be called.  should moore be targeted in garbage time (assuming the jets get some huge 4th qtr leads)?  that might be pretty disrespectful.

40 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Yep, that and this is coming after a 3 game winning streak and the team looks great.  Not to mention he's the most utilized WR in the offense.  Just an incredible level of selfishness. 

Makes you wonder who he fooled to be portrayed as the ultimate teammate, friend, leader,  when he's really a selfish little sh*t who has a distorted perception of his worth.  Between this and the lift the leg to mock the Bulldogs after a TD that cost his team the game in college, and then this video surfaced, he's a punk, honestly, seeing this I'd trade his ass, he's toxic:

Is it considered bad form to let your helmet touch the ground? Good on AVT for demonstrating leadership despite being a pup himself.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

There is no escaping this type of sh*t anymore and I can guarantee it will only slowly become more and more prevalent as it already has over the past 15-20 yrs.  

A. I don’t blame Moore

B. Because he has a 5-8 year window to make as much as he can

C. The games are rigged anyway 

D. None of the players care anymore besides the bonuses they get from super bowls

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Forget today's news for a moment - I do think you hit on something here with Moore maybe just not fitting this offense, especially with the arrival of G Wil?

Are they too similar as players to have both?

Ideally you'd want another bigger, downfield receiver.

Part of me understands the Zach haters because other than two drives Pittsburgh, he hasn't done anything impressive. But I can't help but be happy that we're winning and wanted us to use Breece more, which we've done. And it's not easy to go to Pittsburgh or Lambeau and get the win. I didn't expect a high-flying offense in either game. 

Maybe Garrett Wilson has just made Elijah Moore redundant and we should move on? 

I think Moore’s a fine schematic fit but doesn’t fit will with the other players. Wilson has some of the same issues.

Part of that is being run heavy in a league where defenses are really designed to defend the pass and dare teams to run. Jets are built in such a way that they can and that’s favorable.

• Upvote 1

My prediction. The team will have him inactive for games unless and until he adjusts his attitude. It’s the obvious move. Plus, I don’t think this effects the team because i am sure they all are tired of his brooding prima donna persona. 

Hey Elijah, perhaps you’re not as talented as you imagine yourself to be. Work harder. Pout less.