Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Truth is Tiny Eli belongs in the slot.  Problem is he's probably the 3rd best slot receiver on the team - and he's ineffective out wide.

That's just the reality

I think this “every receiver who plays with Zach Wilson (except Braxton Berrios) is bad” defense will not stand up to scrutiny over the long term. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This may be the dumbest take in the thread.

Dumbest take?

So let me be clear, it's your contention that height and size don't play a significant role in a WR's ability?

Tiny Eli is a little dude - little dudes have a harder time in NFL.

You surely may not agree I guess - but worst take?

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Dumbest take?

So let me be clear, it's your contention that height and size don't play a significant role in a WR's ability?

Tiny Eli is a little dude - little dudes have a harder time in NFL.

You surely may not agree I guess - but worst take?

Size definitely impacts the position - but if used correctly small receivers can certainly thrive. Thats one of the striking things of how this evolved - I would have thought given whats been happening that his camp's move would have been to push for him to get more time in the slot where he is more effective than trying to win jump balls where a lot of his targets have ended up recently (with Flacco and Zach). I wonder if that happened in the background and were told like Mims that WRs in this system need to play all over...

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, it was dumb… like I said.

The only thing anyone is producing to validate “selfish” history is the celebration. Nobody has once mentioned him being selfish here before. Not once. I think him being dumb and emotional is being conflated with him being selfish. That’s all.

I just don’t think it’s fair to brand every player that has a misstep as selfish. I just don’t see it here. I think this whole thing is a growth opportunity for him and we’re going to live rooting for him when he starts tearing it up. 

It’s definitely dumb, but I cannot understand how you can say that it’s not also entirely selfish. 

A quick summation of Elijah Moore’s career parallels an extremely rough patch in the Jets rough history. Prior to the Miami game, the Jets had gone 22 straight games where they were behind at some point (and obviously losing the vast majority). The longest streak in the league. The game before Miami, Moore had his best day of the season, with Zach throwing to him. It wasn’t fantastic by any measure, but it was his only game over 50 yards with a 75% catch rate, despite the fact that they were throwing a lot more with Flacco the first three weeks. 

Miami comes in, and the Jets break that losing streak never losing the lead once they had it. They follow that up with a similar performance in Green Bay. The losing team he joined last year is suddenly winning, and he’s so upset about his role just two (great, for his team) games removed from his best game of the year that he’s demanding a trade? This is the very definition of selfish. 

All he’s done is hurt himself here, imho. He went from fan favorite to a player who’s gonna be facing the fans ire for a long time in a snap of the fingers. The Jets have no interest in trading the second year wideout, and if he had anyone with any sense in his camp they would’ve explained that to him before going public with this nonsense. The only way the Jets would possibly move him is if they got blown away with an offer, but who’s gonna blow them away for such an obvious me-first, screw my winning team player? 

I hope it does turn out to be a growth opportunity. I hope he has the capacity to learn from such a clear and stupid mistake. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

Jones throws 27 times per game and completes 67.3% of his passes. Zach Wilson throws 25 times per game and completes 56% of his passes. Jones’ leading wide receiver option is someone named “Richie James,” who I could have sworn was a safety prospect out of UCF from a few years ago. 

• Haha 2

As Denny Greene would say. Elijah Moore is who we thought he was.

Elijah Moore is the guy who celebrated a touchdown catch with just four seconds remaining against rival Mississippi State by mimicking a urinating dog in the end zone. His celebration drew a 15-yard personal foul penalty, which pushed back an extra point attempt that was no good and allowed MSU to win the annual Egg Bowl by one point.  The following season he was leading the FBS with 10.8 receptions and 149.1 receiving yards per game and set a school record with 86 receptions for 1,193 yards and eight scores after only eight games. What did he do next? He opted out of the remainder of the season. 

Elijah Moore is, has always been and will always be a ME guy who puts himself above the team. I am not sure why the current situation is a surprise to anyone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

So emotional. We’re six games in and 3 of them with a backup QB. Take a chill pill. Lack of maturity on his end  but I think the situation is still salvageable. And a lot of it has to do with the fact that I think his perception that he isn’t a big piece of this offense is short sighted. I have no doubt his role is lined up to expand. Or at least it would have 

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Does that account for 6 inches in height?

For the record, many of Davis's catches - he's barely open.  Catches that Tiny Eli couldn't make.

Tiny Eli has to be, for lack of a better word - extra open - to make a play.  

Agreed. Small receivers can thrive in the modern nfl game.  But you better create more separation than your bigger teammates....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Fine, be skeptical. But to leave out facts (again, if that's what happened) because you're skeptical of them is shady. State the facts then exactly what you just said as to why you don't believe it.

That along with his reputation is why most people were on him from what I saw.

Which facts were left out?

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

You would love that, wouldn’t you? 

No I wouldn't. I like him. I liked Moore too. I'd prefer we just didn't alienate our WR's. 

8 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Isn’t there some hentai forum that you could be wasting your time on instead? 

Any recommendations? 

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

As Denny Greene would say. Elijah Moore is who we thought he was.

Elijah Moore is the guy who celebrated a touchdown catch with just four seconds remaining against rival Mississippi State by mimicking a urinating dog in the end zone. His celebration drew a 15-yard personal foul penalty, which pushed back an extra point attempt that was no good and allowed MSU to win the annual Egg Bowl by one point.  The following season he was leading the FBS with 10.8 receptions and 149.1 receiving yards per game and set a school record with 86 receptions for 1,193 yards and eight scores after only eight games. What did he do next? He opted out of the remainder of the season. 

Elijah Moore is, has always been and will always be a ME guy who puts himself above the team. I am not sure why the current situation is a surprise to anyone. 

Great post. I had considered the egg bowl, not the opt out. 

54 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Even if Moore isn't being used properly (and he probably isn't), there are much better ways to approach the situation than how he did. 

Thsi is what really surprises me.  The kid has an agent that you would think realizes that Moore has no leverage.  You are not happy with your role, work with the coaches and the team to address your concerns.  But do it privately.  Going public about it now, with the team winning, with 11 weeks left in the season is just a bad look for him.  I tihnk it might make other teams think twice about adding a young "me first" type of player without a significant resume.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Size definitely impacts the position - but if used correctly small receivers can certainly thrive. Thats one of the striking things of how this evolved - I would have thought given whats been happening that his camp's move would have been to push for him to get more time in the slot where he is more effective than trying to win jump balls where a lot of his targets have ended up recently (with Flacco and Zach). I wonder if that happened in the background and were told like Mims that WRs in this system need to play all over...

Surely, I agree with all of this. 

I was initially just responding to someone pointing out that Corey Davis, as per some ESPN stat, didn't get as open Little Eli yet Davis got more targets.

I just expressed that likely has to do with Davis being a half a foot taller.

That was responded to as the worst take in the thread.  Seemed like a pretty reasonable statement, I just found that response odd.

With that said - I do think Moore belongs in the slot - but I also believe they want to use Wilson there a lot - they want Davis in the Y - only place left for Moore is the X...and I think it's clear he's not suited for that role.  

Trading him to a team that needs a slot receiver might actually be what's best for him and the Jets.

Just now, JiFapono said:

Wow, impressive.  Was it the 8 for 13 vs. 71 yards vs. Chicago that made you blow your load or? 

Maybe it was the 21 of 27 against what I heard was a steel curtain Packers defense? And be careful about dissing on that Bears pass defense. We still have to play them. 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is more indicative of playing Elijah Moore out of position by the coaching staff than anything else. Seems like G. Wilson is playing the position Moore should or wants to be playing. Also seems like Zach can see short guys playing in the slot, but tends to need a talker target more downfield. Short QB thing. Jimmy Graham was a TE but Drew Breeze munchkin ass loved  that tall dude. 

1. Trade Moore

2. Get a 6’3”+  possession  receiver 

3. profit 

We just have too much short on this team. 

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

So do accurate quarterbacks.

Accurate QBs do just fine with smaller receivers. But if you’re a guy who isn’t pinpoint accurate within a target and you’re often late with those passes, it’s definitely an advantage having a big body who can shield off DBs an extra second. Such is the legend of renowned Jets Great Corey Davis, whom everyone wanted to dump this offseason.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jones throws 27 times per game and completes 67.3% of his passes. Zach Wilson throws 25 times per game and completes 56% of his passes. Jones’ leading wide receiver option is someone named “Richie James,” who I could have sworn was a safety prospect out of UCF from a few years ago. 

Meh, his leading receiver is Barkley, who also happens to have over 600 rushing yards this year. The Jets and Giants are following a very similar script, but the Giants are far more reliant on a single player - and it’s not the QB. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Wow, impressive.  Was it the 8 for 13 vs. 71 yards vs. Chicago that made you blow your load or? 

I love the internet dudes arguing over two sh*tty QBs who throw for 150 yards per game....next an emotional debate over Limp Bizkit and Nickleback.

• Haha 2