Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

If he's active next week at home - and lets' say the Jets are coming off a loss...

He will be booed at home.  Last thing the Jets want.  I just don't know how he's active the next two weeks.

Moore has made the situation worse and worse by taking his frustrations to the next level.  He doesn’t seem wired to chill out, be reasonable, and move forward as a supportive teammate.

him acting like this when the Jets are finally turning things around is going to make everything way more intense. If the Jets lose this Sunday to Denver, you know he’s going to take some blame for upsetting the team chemistry. And like you said, he’s probably going to get booed at home.

Just now, slats said:

Meh, his leading receiver is Barkley, who also happens to have over 600 rushing yards this year. The Jets and Giants are following a very similar script, but the Giants are far more reliant on a single player - and it’s not the QB. 

Yeah, I didn’t want to make this a Jones v Wilson thing because it’s dopey but I let @JiFapono bait me into it because I’m a weak fish.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thsi is what really surprises me.  The kid has an agent that you would think realizes that Moore has no leverage.  You are not happy with your role, work with the coaches and the team to address your concerns.  But do it privately.  Going public about it now, with the team winning, with 11 weeks left in the season is just a bad look for him.  I tihnk it might make other teams think twice about adding a young "me first" type of player without a significant resume.

Same Agent as Robbie Anderson. 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The only place Elijah Moore could possibly be better then Berrios is in people's minds.  Cause it sure aint on the football field on Sunday.

I had thought Berrios was emblematic of the lack of talent on the Jets. I now see him as a testament to how hard work and effort can lead to success in the NFL where nothing is given to any player (except QBs) and every snap has to be earned (once again, except QBs).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe it was the 21 of 27 against what I heard was a steel curtain Packers defense? And be careful about dissing on that Bears pass defense. We still have to play them. 

Yes, his 9 completions to 5 different running backs was quite impressive that day! 

• Haha 2

See if GB gives up a 1st..  if not, deactivate until after the bye and give Denzel his chance.  Saleh can say he's not going to answer questions about Elijah and its all being handled in house.

Give him a few weeks to come to his senses and repent and if he doesn't shut him down for the rest of 22'.

Dicey situation but can be handled forcefully tactful.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

I love the internet dudes arguing over two sh*tty QBs who throw for 150 yards per game....next an emotional debate over Limp Bizkit and Nickleback.

I'm glad you love me but I'm not arguing anything, just responding to Tom spewing over Daniel Jones and the NYG "elite" passing game.

2 hours ago, ryu79 said:

He fed the kids spiral into freak out with his tweets. Cimini is an energy vampire that lives to create problems. 

Cimini manufactured the "0 targets" stat to create problems.  In truth, Moore was targeted many times but forgot about that due to being blinded by Cimini's evil tweet.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He has displayed selfish tendencies in the past, claimed he moved on from that, grew, and is now throwing a selfish fit.

This is probably the most important take away. He’s shown what he is. Even if he is used a lot more in the offense going forward, how can we be confident that he isn’t going to get upset or have a meltdown over something else. 

• Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

This is probably the most important take away. He’s shown what he is. There can be no confidence that if he is used a lot more in the office going forward that he isn’t going to get upset or have a meltdown over something else in the future.  

He’s young and incredibly immature. People grow and change with age. I think he needs a reality check first though. Several game inactive etc 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Accurate QBs do just fine with smaller receivers. But if you’re a guy who isn’t pinpoint accurate within a target and you’re often late with those passes, it’s definitely an advantage having a big body who can shield off DBs an extra second. Such is the legend of renowned Jets Great Corey Davis, whom everyone wanted to dump this offseason.

Moore is a smaller than average NFL WR.  Smaller guys need to be faster, quicker, more twitchy, and have good hands to make up for their size.   You know, like Garrett Wilson.  Despite Moore’s speed, he doesn’t seem as open as other WRs, at least on the passes thrown to him.  If you want to argue that he’s a slot WR that’s being misused, that’s different, though last years stats don’t seem to bear that out either.

He’s young and incredibly immature. People grow and change with age. I think he needs a reality check first though. Several game inactive etc 
Maybe that reality will be in Detroit when he is traded to the city where dark matter can be found.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The fact that the Jets claimed it was for a family issue.

He can question what they claim but to leave out that they made the claim is dishonest. 

Maybe he wasn't even aware of the claim, but from what I saw that was why people were railing on him.

Did you read the tweet?  Cimini said it was a curious situation (saw through the BS) and within the same tweet said the team claimed it was a personal day.

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Breece Hall has a few good games and now fans want to run the single wing.....if the Jets can't win games with the number 2 overall pick throwing 25-30 times a game in his second year we have major problems at the position. 

Sorry, this is the Elijah Moore bashing thread.

The Zach Wilson bashing threads are a plenty on the board elsewhere.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is going to be an absolute non-story. Moore's not getting traded

A trade isn't the only option that makes it a story.  If he continues to cry and gets benched, that's bad for the offense over the long term.  Productive or not, he commands attention, and you often see teams cheating his way in coverage.  Mims would be a better option for the rushing attack but taking Moore off the field hurts the passing game.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, slats said:

Meh, his leading receiver is Barkley, who also happens to have over 600 rushing yards this year. The Jets and Giants are following a very similar script, but the Giants are far more reliant on a single player - and it’s not the QB. 

Jones like Zach has stopped turning the ball over.  Jones unlike Zach has less weapons and is still completing more passes and he's a big part of the Giants running game.   He's the second leading ball carrier with 47 attempts and a 5 yard per.  

The Giants are on year 1 with their new GM and head coach.  The Jets have more weapons and more overall talent.  The Giants are getting better coaching on both sides of the ball and Jones is playing solid football for the first time in his career.  

They definetely need more talent at the WR position.  Moore isn't that guy.  He's at best a 3 or 4.