Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Would Moore get 20 targets vs Denver and go 3 for 27 with 0 TDs.

The team is winning.  Players should be content with that.

The right thing to do would be to deactivate him vs Denver and give Mims a chance.

Right on. 

There are a lot of talented guys on the team who are not going to get a lot of touches depending how the game goes. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He’s young and incredibly immature. People grow and change with age. I think he needs a reality check first though. Several game inactive etc 

It feels to me like Saleh is a "player's coach" (In other words, a guy who coddles his players).  He tries to give off the "I'm your best friend" vibe to (hopefully) motivate them to play hard and be selfless. 

My prediction is this:

JD will consult with Saleh, who will advocate for some kind of "coddling approach" where Eli is brought back into the fold and nobody's feelings will be hurt.  LaFleur will then be told to make sure the game plan includes opportunities for Eli to "gets his".  Eli will have a good game and, afterward, declare how much he loves his teammates and loves being a Jet, etc.  That will resolve things for the short-term.  The long-term is still TBD.

Meanwhile, JD will probably quietly work the phones to see what kind of potential return is out there.  And he'll probably try to figure out a way to more heavily factor in a player's maturity level into future draft decisions.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Breece Hall has a few good games and now fans want to run the single wing.....if the Jets can't win games with the number 2 overall pick throwing 25-30 times a game in his second year we have major problems at the position. 

Gotta love Jets fans, now they're not winning the right way . My QB is not putting up Mahomes numbers wah . 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Hoping cooler heads prevail and maybe he even issues an apology to his teammates for causing a distraction.

That would be nice. If he issues any kind of apology, or even acts like he’s going to let it go at this point, I see the coaches and teammates being the better people and not rubbing it in, just moving forward to go in another game.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Claymation said:

"Effort Police" ?

Thanks for sharing. I'd seen reference to that play on this thread but couldn't find the clip earlier. 

That just doesn't look like the effort we saw from Elijah last year. Maybe he just doesn't want to play on the outside? 

Its interesting because if he requested a trade because he doesn't think playing as the X is right for his career and he believes that the system will just reduce his trade value and earning potential moving forward - it'd be more reasonable. Of course, the first step should be engaging the coaches on where he can add more value and then handling any potential trade stuff quietly in house. 

Doing so would have also saved him on egg on his face as its easier to shop a guy for a system reason vs. now being seen as a tone deaf malcontent. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Jones like Zach has stopped turning the ball over.  Jones unlike Zach has less weapons and is still completing more passes and he's a big part of the Giants running game.   He's the second leading ball carrier with 47 attempts and a 5 yard per.  

The Giants are on year 1 with their new GM and head coach.  The Jets have more weapons and more overall talent.  The Giants are getting better coaching on both sides of the ball and Jones is playing solid football for the first time in his career.  

This is all well and good but it doesn’t change my opinion that if Barkley were to miss any significant time (again) that the wheels would promptly fall off their bandwagon. Jones has as many games over 200 yards as he has under 100 so far this season. Zach is averaging a full yard per attempt more than Jones (7.6 to 6.6). They’re protecting Jones the same way the Jets are protecting Zach, the difference being the two more years in the league Jones has. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

That would be nice. If he issues any kind of apology, or even acts like he’s going to let it go at this point, I see the coaches and teammates being the better people and not rubbing it in, just moving forward to go in another game.

I hope Captain Zach has him keelhauled.  Nothing like a good keelhauling to make you appreciate the crew.  

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So Moore has been target 4 less times than Davis.  Through 6 games.  Both have been targeted fewer times than GWilson, who by this metric gets open the most

This is problematic how exactly?

That’s a good question for the crack beat writers to ask Moore at their next get-together.

Also, Moore ran a 4.34 40.

Doesn’t play anywhere near that fast.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Jones like Zach has stopped turning the ball over.  Jones unlike Zach has less weapons and is still completing more passes and he's a big part of the Giants running game.   He's the second leading ball carrier with 47 attempts and a 5 yard per.  

The Giants are on year 1 with their new GM and head coach.  The Jets have more weapons and more overall talent.  The Giants are getting better coaching on both sides of the ball and Jones is playing solid football for the first time in his career.  

They definetely need more talent at the WR position.  Moore isn't that guy.  He's at best a 3 or 4.

Fwiw, since I taunted Shane on this topic, what Daboll has done w/ Jones is impressive.  His ability to cater offenses and get the most out of a QB is really something special.  Might be the best in the league at it but the Giants are still one of the worst passing teams in the league.  

I dont really follow the Giants so not sure if it's been due to injury but on paper, they have some solid skills players.  Barkley might be the #1 in the league right now.  Wan'Dale Robinson is going to be special, book it.  Not sure why Kadarius Toney doesnt get more run but dude could be electric.  Kenny Galloday and Darius Slayton can stretch the field.  Bellinger looks like a solid TE.  idk, wonder if they suffer a bit from Jones similar to Jets do from Wilson.  Not arguing it's better than the Jets but I wonder if they're really all that far apart. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

So, it was dumb… like I said.

The only thing anyone is producing to validate “selfish” history is the celebration. Nobody has once mentioned him being selfish here before. Not once. I think him being dumb and emotional is being conflated with him being selfish. That’s all.

I just don’t think it’s fair to brand every player that has a misstep as selfish. I just don’t see it here. I think this whole thing is a growth opportunity for him and we’re going to live rooting for him when he starts tearing it up. 

I definitely won’t contest the dumb part, but will remain steadfast in my belief that a player who does something like that is selfish.

Hopefully he grows from this, but I have my doubts until shown otherwise, at this point.  He’s at the facility today and, barring an apology or removal of his trade request (both would be nice), I’d rather he be benched to be made an example of.  This is best start this team has had in over a decade, and Moore decided that he was going to do everything in his power to make it as difficult as possible to continue that success.

• Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Gotta love Jets fans, now they're not winning the right way . My QB is not putting up Mahomes numbers wah . 

Yeah I mean who needs a QB in 2022 I'm sure we can win a SB trying to hide the QB.  We drafted a QB 2nd overall, a WR 10th, another 2 WRs in the second round but who cares about the passing game everything is going according to plan.

gotcha GIF

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes. The tweet specifically left out the Jets stating it was a family issue. 

Yes, which could have also been a personal issue but wasn't' because the team was lying.  Surprised you seem to have an issue with a beat writer being too seasoned to fall for a lie.

Edited by AFJF