Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

19 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Its honestly almost worse he is showing up today. Just shows this wasn't really a thought out plan just Elijah getting all emotional and frankly acting like a brat. He is about three ugly situations away from taking his shirt off mid game, running off the field and then whipping his dick out at a hotel pool... 

Sucks

It's the trade-off of being willing to deal with a player's immaturity due to his talent/potential.

It feels like these things often end up with the player getting traded or cut.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can explain to you but I can't understand it for you. ?‍♂️

Correct.  I'll never understand somebody being angry at somebody for being too smart to fall for a dumb lie.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's not why people were mad. You are missing the point and I'm not going to waste another second on it 

They were mad because they thought Cimini was making something out of nothing.  Turns out he was smarter than they were which has only made them angrier.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

They were mad because they thought Cimini was making something out of nothing.  Turns out he was smarter than they were which has only made them angrier.

Yeah because he has a history of making something out of nothing lol. He often doesn't tell the full story and rather stir the pot and slant towards the negative side most of the time. 

16 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Elijah Moore is not a field stretcher.

unfortunately moore is an undersized receiver with average speed.  fortunately, we have replacements....with all the hype about how professional this guy was, just wished this would have stayed in the building and both parties agree to separate.  it's a business and putting stuff on social media is never good.

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And you're saying this because the Mark Sanchez approach worked so well?

Technically, they DID get as much as they could out of the Mark Sanchez era.  

The problem isn't the approach.  The problem is when the QB sucks and the only thing you can do is hide him.  And then a bigger problem ensues when you double down on that QB (I.E. when Tannenbaum handed him a contract extension for no good reason).  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Technically, they DID get as much as they could out of the Mark Sanchez era.  

The problem isn't the approach.  The problem is when the QB sucks and the only thing you can do is hide him.  And then a bigger problem ensues when you double down on that QB (I.E. when Tannenbaum handed him a contract extension for no good reason).  

That was the point I was trying to make.  We won games with Sanchez but he was more of a passenger on that train (which you can't really be at that position if you're hoping to win it all).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Yeah because he has a history of making something out of nothing lol. He often doesn't tell the full story and rather stir the pot and slant towards the negative side most of the time. 

For example?

29 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Fwiw, since I taunted Shane on this topic, what Daboll has done w/ Jones is impressive.  His ability to cater offenses and get the most out of a QB is really something special.  Might be the best in the league at it but the Giants are still one of the worst passing teams in the league.  

I dont really follow the Giants so not sure if it's been due to injury but on paper, they have some solid skills players.  Barkley might be the #1 in the league right now.  Wan'Dale Robinson is going to be special, book it.  Not sure why Kadarius Toney doesnt get more run but dude could be electric.  Kenny Galloday and Darius Slayton can stretch the field.  Bellinger looks like a solid TE.  idk, wonder if they suffer a bit from Jones similar to Jets do from Wilson.  Not arguing it's better than the Jets but I wonder if they're really all that far apart. 

Toney and Golladay are flagrantly malingering. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Dumbest take?

So let me be clear, it's your contention that height and size don't play a significant role in a WR's ability?

Tiny Eli is a little dude - little dudes have a harder time in NFL.

You surely may not agree I guess - but worst take?

The data literally show that’s he’s open more often. It has nothing to do with how big he is, and some of the most productive WRs in the history of the league have been small.

What you’re doing is making up a reason why the guy who gets open isn’t making catches - so Zach isn’t to blame. 

Problem is, if you contrast his routes run (high), openness (high), with his target rate (low), it’s obvious it’s about the decisions the QB is making. Not his size.

So yes, easily the dumbest take. As usual.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I definitely won’t contest the dumb part, but will remain steadfast in my belief that a player who does something like that is selfish.

Hopefully he grows from this, but I have my doubts until shown otherwise, at this point.  He’s at the facility today and, barring an apology or removal of his trade request (both would be nice), I’d rather he be benched to be made an example of.  This is best start this team has had in over a decade, and Moore decided that he was going to do everything in his power to make it as difficult as possible to continue that success.

I guess where we disagree (and @slats can get in on this) is that I think a person can do something dumb that inevitably serves a selfish need, without being categorically “selfish”. The latter being a designation for athletes across many sports, and something that typically carries a stigma… many posters are lumping Elijah into that category after one incident (then using the dig pee thing as “evidence of a history”).

I don’t think it’s rational, fair or accurate.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And you're saying this because the Mark Sanchez approach worked so well?

It actually did until they let OLinemen leave in FA , and then Rex's D fell apart. Where the Jets are right this moment this approach is their best way to win. As the Oline stabilizes and Wilson starts progressing the O can become much more aggressive and open . 

37 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah I mean who needs a QB in 2022 I'm sure we can win a SB trying to hide the QB.  We drafted a QB 2nd overall, a WR 10th, another 2 WRs in the second round but who cares about the passing game everything is going according to plan.

gotcha GIF

No one's hiding the QB , its just that Jet fans have the patience of a gnat . Wilson has played a sum total of what 15 games , Lafleur has been an OC and Saleh a HC for 22 games, things are still evolving but apparently not fast enough for some regardless of the fact the team is winning .