Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

Just now, HighPitch said:

how misleading. yea he said he loves his team mates and then went on to say he was unhappy. 

dude is taking this way out of context. Must have learned this behavior from our resident vultures on this site!

Yeah, I realized after the fact that Moore scrubbed everything from the past week off of his feed. This was definitely taken out of context.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Technically, they DID get as much as they could out of the Mark Sanchez era.  

The problem isn't the approach.  The problem is when the QB sucks and the only thing you can do is hide him.  And then a bigger problem ensues when you double down on that QB (I.E. when Tannenbaum handed him a contract extension for no good reason).  

The team actually started falling apart when Rex wanted to open up the offense and got away from ground a pound and started acquiring players like Burress, Mason and Holmes.  I think the team could have squeezed a few more good years out of Sanchez if they stuck with the initial plan.  I think they could have won a SB that way in 2011 or 2012 but I don't think that works in 2022.

F Elijah Moore but it's become even more clear to me that the problem is Zach Wilson.  He still hasn't proven he can be productive.  Garrett Wilson has 6 catches the last 3 games when he was balling out with Flacco at the helm.  

I get it we are winning so as a fan base we should be happy.  At the same time, we are going to need games where Zach Wilson can throw the ball down the field consistently.   

572 yards with 1TD and 2 picks in 3 games is not going to cut it even in a run oriented offense.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

And this is why you don't throw Mims away. S*it happens with WRs (and all players/positions) and having depth to keep the team moving forward is key. Now it's up to Mims to prove the Jets were right for keeping him and wrong for not giving him a shot. He's not going to get 10 targets this week but if I see him light up a DB or LB (or 2) on some running plays (without a stupid penalty), I'll know his head is on straight.

• Upvote 2

Just now, slats said:

I really have a difficult time getting over the fact that he doesn’t have people in his life who could’ve explained to him just how bad a look it is to ask for a trade at this time in his and his team’s situation.

This is where I would love to see a teammate step in.  Ideally a vet at the same postiion like Corey Davis.  A 5th overall pick, who struggled early in his career and probably went through some of the same things Moore is going through now.  May be a good time for Davis to step up as a team leader and help Moore through this, and help the team at the same time.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

F Elijah Moore but it's become even more clear to me that the problem is Zach Wilson.  He still hasn't proven he can be productive.  Garrett Wilson has 6 catches the last 3 games when he was balling out with Flacco at the helm.  

I get it we are winning so as a fan base we should be happy.  At the same time, we are going to need games where Zach Wilson can throw the ball down the field consistently.   

572 yards with 1TD and 2 picks in 3 games is not going to cut it even in a run oriented offense.  

? ask Corey Davis and breece halls if Wilson is a problem 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slats said:

If he doesn’t want to be labeled selfish in the future, he’s now going to have to earn that. He’s a second year, promising player; not a star yet. He’s trying to wield leverage that he simply doesn’t have. I really have a difficult time getting over the fact that he doesn’t have people in his life who could’ve explained to him just how bad a look it is to ask for a trade at this time in his and his team’s situation. Football’s the ultimate team game, and players have to put the team first. That’s part of the culture change that Saleh’s trying to implement here, and Moore’s chosen to defy it for what can only be considered selfish reasons. 

Reading now that Moore is back with the team, but that he’s excused from meetings and working on his own and will not dress this week. Good. He should be disciplined for this behavior. He needs to understand his role and also that his time will come. The Jets certainly aren’t playing with a lead the rest of the year. He’ll get his opportunities as long as his head’s right. 

He does. His buddy AJ Brown, who's probably pushing him to ask for a trade because it worked out so well for him. 

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

We were playing from behind and throwing 50 times a game.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The data literally show that’s he’s open more often. It has nothing to do with how big he is, and some of the most productive WRs in the history of the league have been small.

What you’re doing is making up a reason why the guy who gets open isn’t making catches - so Zach isn’t to blame. 

Problem is, if you contrast his routes run (high), openness (high), with his target rate (low), it’s obvious it’s about the decisions the QB is making. Not his size.

So yes, easily the dumbest take. As usual.

The one thing I'll say is that Elijah Moore's role in the offense is as the primary X and most of his routes are downfield. He's running a crazy amount of "go" routes and deep outs that are designed to pull the safety in order to open up the middle/flat portions of the field, and while he is getting open, the plays aren't designed to award him the time to "win" his route. Mike LaFleur sees it as "Elijah is our biggest threat at the X, and while he's just as good if not better at the Y/Z as Garrett Wilson/Braxton Berrios/Corey Davis, we're a better unit if those guys play those positions and Elijah plays the X". Defenses are forced to respect his speed, so he even though he's the first read (call it a glance) on a lot of plays, he inevitably becomes a decoy on the majority of them unless there's pure one-on-one or if there's a coverage breakdown because the passing scheme calls for quick route progression. He knows this and word was he was excited for Zach to come back because he felt his improvisational style would've resulted in more opportunities, but to our surprise Zach has learned to play more consistently within the offense. Combine that with game script and the rushing attack, those opportunities become even more limited.  

So its not to say I don't understand his frustration (I do), I just can't get behind a narcissistic, me-first player like this. The right thing for him to do would've been to go to his coaches and request more opportunities, whether it be designed plays or more of a receiver rotation so that he can get some opportunities to make plays after-the-catch from the Y or Z spots like he did last year. Instead, he made it about him, pouted, and requests a trade in the middle of a week when the team is preparing to go on the road in Denver coming off a winning streak. Unforgiveable sin. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The data literally show that’s he’s open more often. It has nothing to do with how big he is, and some of the most productive WRs in the history of the league have been small.

What you’re doing is making up a reason why the guy who gets open isn’t making catches - so Zach isn’t to blame. 

Problem is, if you contrast his routes run (high), openness (high), with his target rate (low), it’s obvious it’s about the decisions the QB is making. Not his size.

So yes, easily the dumbest take. As usual.

In all seriousness, I’ve decided to put you on ignore.  So forgive me if I no longer respond. 
I’ve never done this before and you’re one only one. , but I find you so condescending and self righteous that it makes me not want to be on this site.  And I like it here   

it’s probably just me though. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

If he doesn’t want to be labeled selfish in the future, he’s now going to have to earn that. He’s a second year, promising player; not a star yet. He’s trying to wield leverage that he simply doesn’t have. I really have a difficult time getting over the fact that he doesn’t have people in his life who could’ve explained to him just how bad a look it is to ask for a trade at this time in his and his team’s situation. Football’s the ultimate team game, and players have to put the team first. That’s part of the culture change that Saleh’s trying to implement here, and Moore’s chosen to defy it for what can only be considered selfish reasons. 

Reading now that Moore is back with the team, but that he’s excused from meetings and working on his own and will not dress this week. Good. He should be disciplined for this behavior. He needs to understand his role and also that his time will come. The Jets certainly aren’t playing with a lead the rest of the year. He’ll get his opportunities as long as his head’s right. 

Garrett should just clean up the drops lately. He would have better numbers . 

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess where we disagree (and @slats can get in on this) is that I think a person can do something dumb that inevitably serves a selfish need, without being categorically “selfish”. The latter being a designation for athletes across many sports, and something that typically carries a stigma… many posters are lumping Elijah into that category after one incident (then using the dig pee thing as “evidence of a history”).

I don’t think it’s rational, fair or accurate.

I think you're right.  My gut feeling is Moore went over the line with Lefleur and it went beyond he wants more touches and selfish.