Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

This is all part and parcel of the new mentality in sports started by the NBA and bolstered by the transfer portal crap in college sports. If you're not happy with your current situation no problem you just leave. Doesn't matter about  your teammates or anyone else it's just about me me me. 

All this can be true and the jets can still control the narrative on how they manage expectations and gen-Z.0 …

Notice how not one person has said, "This game is going to be much more difficlut without Elijah."  His absence has 0 impact on the ouotcome of this game.  Says alot about the player.

If Corey Davis or Breece or Sauce were going to miss a game, we would be freaking out.

Elijah missing this game it doesnt even matter.  Heck I think we now have a better chance to win as Mimsy will be a beast blocking on the outside.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Well known locker room cancer says he doesn’t agree with how WR is being treated despite having no information on the subject. Shocker that you would take the contrarian stance on this. Shocker. 

Brandon Marshall is not someone to take criticism nor advice from. I like him as a dude though.

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

OK so let's grant that the Jets are winning running the ball and do not need to throw. There's no need to mess with a winning formula. 

Great. 

They can't give Moore a sweep? A reverse? They can't line him up in the backfield somewhere? Toss him one of those outside zones 

How is this dude not getting Any targets or touches? 

This is life in the NFL don't draft Moore and give his reverses to the kick returner 

This is a shock to fans but it's a cut throat business on both sides 

How gangster are the Jets that mims who has been inactive for weeks stands to benefit. When mims did the same thing like 6 weeks ago. 

He ran two jet sweeps last year and missed games after each one: ankle and concussion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Paradis said:

terrible reply. Take a seat. 

Why is it terrible, everyone so quick to label everything today . All people deal with issues , some mental, some physical, some job stress related - whatever. It's part of life . We don't have to put people in special groups and brackets. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Notice how not one person has said, "This game is going to be much more difficlut without Elijah."  His absence has 0 impact on the ouotcome of this game.  Says alot about the player.

It’s because their passing game is a non-factor in any analysis of the Jets chances in any given game. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, dbatesman said:

lol just say it dude

Ok - yes athletes are spoiled and coddled , athletes of all colors and races. I used the NBA as my example  because they started the concept of buddies teaming up because of their selfishness . If you want to make it a race thing - then shame on you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why is it terrible, everyone so quick to label everything today . All people deal with issues , some mental, some physical, some job stress related - whatever. It's part of life . We don't have to put people in special groups and brackets. 

Actually we do.  Knowing what specific personality disorder someone has helps with treatment and maybe even a solution to the problem.  There's a massive difference between, say OCD and Borderline Personality Disorder.

Stop prattling on about things you know nothing about, Boomer.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

How does playing a malcontent who dogs routes causing interceptions help anyone?

Right, nothing is never, ever, ever Zach Wilson's fault, I get it.

But part of being a coach is making all the personalities work together. Its not easy but that's why they make so much money. Saleh is just giving up here, very strange. Especially since he already did that with Denzel Mims.
--

How about you work with your young players to improve them and keep them on the football field?  crazy thought!

• Upvote 1

Hopefully after smacking the Broncos around, both the coaches and 8 come to their senses.  
They can very easily move him around to the slot and other receiver spots.  Wilson and Mims (if he keeps playing) are fast  enough to make defenses honor the long routes to clear the underneath stuff up.

Imo, it’s in the team’s best interest to keep 8 on the team because I really do think he’s going to be really good.

3 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Tell that to the mature teammates who are inactive weekly.

nobody believes that trope.

Plenty of players are treated differently

Two different situations. The best players for every game week should play, the others are inactive , plain and simple. 

Moore's case is a guy who can have all the talent in the world but his selfish actions dictate he needs to sit. 

• Sympathy 1

How many time this season, and in recent seasons, have we seen players publicly shockingly blow up with coaches and other players which we have not seen before?   It reflects a lack of respect this generation has for authority, others and themselves.

This Shanahan/LaFleur offense is very highly tuned and calibrated.  It requires players to do exactly what they are supposed to.  Last year Elijah Moore looked like a rising star, when he was healthy.  This year the Jets are much healthier.  I wonder if the Jets have a system that can make use of Moore.  If we did not have Wilson, we would really need Moore.  

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's had 1 catch in 2 weeks 

The trend line is down

The Jets had to do the same thing with Santana moss and Santonio Holmes over the years 

You have to let these premium wide outs touch the football or they disengage. 

little ice cream Johnny wears his jersey they can't even find Moore 1 touch? Not for Johnny? 

You know how good an NFL player has to be before they make a kids size jersey for him? 

It's like don't blame the scorpion for being a scorpion. If Moore washes out it will be because of many reasons besides Moore just being selfish.

Yes It's on Moore for being a diva, but also JD for drafting him, marketing for promoting him, the coaches for not keeping him happy and Zach for not being able to spread the football around. 

It will be a further shame if the Jets response to this is to keep him inactive forever. They really do control his life right now in a way that most people do not realize. 

If you or I wanted to quit our jobs we just do it 

nfl shop still selling a kids jets darnold jersey 

https://www.nflshop.com/new-york-jets/preschool-new-york-jets-sam-darnold-nike-gotham-green-game-jersey/t-81827133+p-140419862562+z-8-4269932415?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r4c2:po-14

and fyi there is no kids moore jersey.  

in your expert opinion has Moore gotten open?