Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

If Zach Wilson can suddenly start playing like Joey B, sure. 

Sneak into the playoffs and hope he gets hot for four games a-la his current backup, the Manning from across town (x2), or large phallus Nicholas.

Wilson stylistically needs a true X, so does the offense in general obviously. If you’re going to try to piece together a passing game with the Moore’s and Wilson’s of the world then take a backup in the draft who doesn’t have an exciting arm but gets the ball out quickly and accurately and see what happens if (when) Wilson misses time.

Whole offense is square pegs and round holes. Or maybe there’s just one square peg. They maybe got the defense sorted so perhaps there’s hope.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

1) Elijah thinks he's WR1 after last year.

2) Jets rumored to want to trade for college buddy AJ Brown

3) Jets decided not to trade and take Garrett Wilson. We then learn that #10 would have gotten Brown to NY based on Eagles trade

4) Moore upset he doesn't get to play with his buddy

5) Seeks out Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye 3 weeks after the draft to have dinner together.

I'm just reading tea leaves here but something doesn't smell right. 

Number 5 is news to me

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Marshall had this completely backwards. Moore was the one who should have kept his concerns in house.  If he had an issue with the way he was being used, complain to the coaches and to Wilson.  Don't tweet about it or go public with it. Why was it Wilson's job to support Moore and keep things out of the media AFTER Moore created a media storm?  Marshall's view is absurd and illogical.  It is certainly ok to agree that Moore is not getting enough targets.  But the issue here is not that, but how Moore reacted to the situation.  Moore handled this as badly as possible, particularly on a team that is winning for the first time in 7 years.  So yes - you can defend Moore's view that he should be more involved, but there is no defending Moore's actions.  His actions are completely inexcusable.  On the other hand, Wilson handled the matter perfectly in the presser.  

I’m pretty sure even Brandon himself knows he goofed on this one.  He un-retweeted the video of his interview after a number of verified accounts came to Wilson’s defense and posted clips from his presser where Wilson, very clearly, shows/expresses support for Moore.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I’m pretty sure even Brandon himself knows he goofed on this one.  He un-retweeted the video of his interview after a number of verified accounts came to Wilson’s defense and posted clips from his presser where Wilson, very clearly, shows/expresses support for Moore.

So embarrassing 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Got a text tonight from a contact.  Only piece of information I’ve been able to gather in the last few days.

F4EA8BA0-20FD-486A-9B0A-78933486BF47.thumb.jpeg.20869fc455e000339380da03a2a4eb97.jpeg

Mosley you expect would do that. Corey Davis is a vet, so that isn't surprising but another good sign. Sauce stepping up and taking a team first mentality is huge.

Love this.

And Elijah made a mistake. He can come back from this. The team isn't going to trade him. 

Benching him this week is awesome. Accountability it is here. Finally.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

frankly, this whole thing is overblown nonsense.  But this place and the NFL Media, particularly from NY, love the drama. It wouldn't surprise me if the Jones to Kraft "don't f*kc with me" was staged.  Moore behaves like an immature child, probably without any notice to or from his agent, and here's the result. The only way he gets traded is if he continues his tantrums or some team offers us a 2nd or better, unlikely, but stranger things have happened.  

The Jets have a big game on Sunday and Moore got himself benched. He will come back from this, but the conversation surrounding what Moore did is not over blown.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

I dunno if this is politically correct or not but 3 kinds of people I do not trust

1. Repeats God in every sentence

2. Short people

3. Doesn't Drink

Moral Police can have me

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ms4xcxg7147il7dqaz

I talk about God a lot in my personal life. I am short. I don't drink.

Oh my....3 for 3.

Have to say though, your logic is flawed. I am trustworthy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, you're right.  It's totally a good sign for our passing game that a # 34 overall pick from a year ago who people were excited about is getting 0 targets and already wants out.  Elijah is a cancer and the coaches are numbskulls who don't know how to do their jobs (even though they were JUST being lauded for winning 3 straight games like a second ago).  

Carry on.  Nothing to see here.  We're winning games and that's all that matters bruh.

I’m glad that at least you have something to get fired up about again.  Must’ve been a long month.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Mosley you expect would do that. Corey Davis is a vet, so that isn't surprising but another good sign. Sauce stepping up and taking a team first mentality is huge.

Love this.

And Elijah made a mistake. He can come back from this. The team isn't going to trade him. 

Benching him this week is awesome. Accountability it is here. Finally.

Did they bench him? I heard he was being 'excused' due to family/personal reasons, which is a poitically correct way of saying he's being punished for being an ahole.  Good for Saleh.  Takes cajones to put your stamp on a disgruntled player that's creating a mess in the locker room for selfish reasons.  He is NOW officially hurting this team.  Being deactivated from the roster depletes the WR corp.  This guy has a lot of nerve to think he can be running off his mouth. He's 1/3 of the way into his second year. He was injured half the season in his first year. Had a lot of drops on top of that.  He's just getting his feet wet in the NFL on a very young team that's rebuilding with an inexperienced HC and OC, a young offense/defense and he's making it all about him.  EFF this guy.  This is sickening. I don't care what prompted this. I don't care how old or immature he is. This is beyond immaturity issues. Its pure egomania.  We don't need this cancerous crap.  I trust JD will find a trade partner and get equal value for what we used which was a high #2. I truly believe this is the last we will see of Moore in Jets green.  And I'm fine with that. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Did they bench him? I heard he was being 'excused' due to family/personal reasons, which is a poitically correct way of saying he's being punished for being an ahole.  Good for Saleh.  Takes cajones to put your stamp on a disgruntled player that's creating a mess in the locker room for selfish reasons.  He is NOW officially hurting this team.  Being deactivated from the roster depletes the WR corp.  This guy has a lot of nerve to think he can be running off his mouth. He's 1/3 of the way into his second year. He was injured half the season in his first year. Had a lot of drops on top of that.  He's just getting his feet wet in the NFL on a very young team that's rebuilding with an inexperienced HC and OC, a young offense/defense and he's making it all about him.  EFF this guy.  This is sickening. I don't care what prompted this. I don't care how old or immature he is. This is beyond immaturity issues. Its pure egomania.  We don't need this cancerous crap.  I trust JD will find a trade partner and get equal value for what we used which was a high #2. I truly believe this is the last we will see of Moore in Jets green.  And I'm fine with that. 

Yes he is being benched. Saleh said it isn't fair to ask him to play based on where his head is at. Meaning he was agitated and got sent home the other day.

He was back today, working out and all that. Plenty of time to get him on the field on Sunday. So I love how they handled it. You aren't playing Sunday, you aren't being traded.

I think they can work through this though. Saleh defended Moore's character. So hopefully he has learned from this and it becomes a non-issue moving forward.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Again bizarre benching a guy who complained and replacing him with a different complainer. But we’ve heard little from Mims recently so maybe that earned him being activated. 

Yeah Mims seems to be working hard. Inactive all those weeks and no complaints publicly so that is a good sign.

I am just glad that we have good players doing this stuff now.  In the past it was, David Clowney said what?  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

isn't this basically what incarcerated bob posted?

So I’ve been told since posting this.  Bob has had me blocked since 2014.  From screenshots of his tweets, I don’t think he mentioned the actual names of the players.

B67850A5-76DF-4C7A-B292-88735D59DB54.thumb.png.5d859ea96c9c0daf4bd8402f9bc51c92.png

The guy, as obnoxious as he can be, does actually have some connections, but I’m just posting what I’ve heard.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Got a text tonight from a contact.  Only piece of information I’ve been able to gather in the last few days.

F4EA8BA0-20FD-486A-9B0A-78933486BF47.thumb.jpeg.20869fc455e000339380da03a2a4eb97.jpeg

Good.  Hopefully veteran players (and one wise beyond his years rookie) can get him in line.  That is the sign of a healthy locker room.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Right, nothing is never, ever, ever Zach Wilson's fault, I get it.

But part of being a coach is making all the personalities work together. Its not easy but that's why they make so much money. Saleh is just giving up here, very strange. Especially since he already did that with Denzel Mims.
--

How about you work with your young players to improve them and keep them on the football field?  crazy thought!

Zach isn’t on the coaching staff.  Zach has started 3 games and the jets have won 3 games.  

Mims came to camp in great shape.  Asked to be traded because he was so far down the depth chart he wasn’t going to play.  He didn’t get into a shouting match with the OC or blame the QB.  He continued to work to get better.  

How is Saleh giving up?  Moore is a starting WR who has put himself before the team.  Saleh has given Moore enough room to come back from that despite damaging the team.  

Zach is a young player they are working with.  So is AVT, Hall, Wilson and a lot of other players.   This blame the coach or Zach narrative is simply a denial of personal responsibility on Moore’s part for his action.  

I don’t buy into the Zach hater narrative but in this case the shoe fits.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

A disgruntled player is hardly a reason for a forum meltdown, but no one is surprised to see it happen anyway. Ultimately I won’t lose  any sleep over Elijah, and clearly his a immaturity is driving this…

But it would be a lot easier to dismiss the whole thing altogether if our passing game had some consistency over the last couple years. It would be easier to draw conclusions with less peaks/valleys from week to week. But the fact that passing has been inconsistent, and he has had splashes of success leaves the door open just a crack. Just enough to invite public divisiveness. And the fact this happened with Mims a year ago just throws little extra gasoline on it 

LOL. This forum will use almost any excuse to launch a melt-down.  The offense is and will remain inconsistent no matter who we have at WR and RB as long as the QB remains inconsistent.  More 2 TE sets are coming in the weeks ahead and Moore is obviously in panic mode.  He's on a team with an offensive plan he doesn't love. He'd prefer an Air Coryell offense and he is stomping his feet over it.  So yeah...  I expect the Jets WRs to not love that idea. Too bad for them.  They are making a lot of money.  I have no sympathy.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets have a big game on Sunday and Moore got himself benched. He will come back from this, but the conversation surrounding what Moore did is not over blown.

Agree that the "conversation" pieces are  not overblown.  But the emotional rants and fan mental collapse..  where logic flies out the window..., as seen in the threads, surely is.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Just a damn shame that this has to become the narrative around this team right now.  We finally have a team shwoing some signs of life.  Young talent playing well all over the roster, on both sides of the ball  3 game winning streak.  The term "playoffs" is not crazy to bring up right now.  But instead the narrative around the Jets has become the Elijah Moore drama.  Hopefully it is resolved one way or another, relatively quickly.

Trade him, kiss and make up and get him back in the lineup.  Does not matter to me as long is this thing is resolved quickly.

That’s why you have to give credit to Salad for just removing him from all team activities so the team can focus. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Mosley you expect would do that. Corey Davis is a vet, so that isn't surprising but another good sign. Sauce stepping up and taking a team first mentality is huge.  Love this.  And Elijah made a mistake. He can come back from this. The team isn't going to trade him. Benching him this week is awesome. Accountability it is here. Finally.

^ agree 100%.  the handful of posters who have been relentlessly arguing that he will/should be traded are beyond ridiculous.  The ramifications they want to see against Moore are vastly overblown.  I guess there are fans like that with every sports team, but we sure have our fair share of them or more.