Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

2 minutes ago, Barton said:

It’s a business decision. Most WRs have 1 big nfl multi year contract to get. It happens in their mid 20s or so. Elijah likely reasons if he sticks with Zach and puts up 700 or so yards and 4 tds a year, he’s gonna live a lesser quality of life down the road then if he goes somewhere and puts up 1100 yards 8 tds and gets a muliti year deal paying him Corey Davis type money or more. 

He has 2.5 years before he’s up for a deal

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

sucks for us, not for Moore. what does he care what the team who trades him gets. in fact you would hope the team that you go to gave up as little as it could so they can be better. you dont want to see then give up #1 picks that can hurt your new team

Jets aren't trading him unless another team offers a lot of picks or good players. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barton said:

It’s a business decision. Most WRs have 1 big nfl multi year contract to get. It happens in their mid 20s or so. Elijah likely reasons if he sticks with Zach and puts up 700 or so yards and 4 tds a year, he’s gonna live a lesser quality of life down the road then if he goes somewhere and puts up 1100 yards 8 tds and gets a muliti year deal paying him Corey Davis type money or more. 

Lol you do realize Corey Davis put up those types of numbers before getting his deal right? He’s never hit 1000 yards or 8tds. 

4 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

Free Elijah Moore. (In this offense or elsewhere)

I posted this in another thread.

Personally, if I were a talented receiver, on a rookie contract, I would not want to play for the Jets.

Unproven passing attack and QB…plus high potential for slander from a fickle fan base… and overactive media/ content creator environment…

Now second contract… a slightly different story… but only slightly judging by how Corey Davis’ is viewed on his very reasonable WR2 contract.

So you would be a loser pussy diva cancer WR, got it 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

This is ridiculous. I get his point of view but it’s completely selfish to not be patient and give Zach a chance at this point with how we are winning as a team. I’m not saying give Zach forever to become a decent QB but Jesus Christ we are winning. This is insane and I’m not a believer in Zach at all. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This kid is too talented to be buried on our depth chart. Flagrant miss by coaches to under utilize talent… winning streak or not.

Hope they fix the situation.

Except he’s not buried in the depth chart and to make matters worse the CSs responsibility to the team is to get wins not to keep selfish players happy.  

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

This is ridiculous. I get his point of view but it’s completely selfish to not be patient and give Zach a chance at this point with how we are winning as a team. I’m not saying give Zach forever to become a decent QB but Jesus Christ we are winning. This is insane and I’m not a believer in Zach at all. 

ssshhhh you can't bring up Zachs name we are making pretend this has nothing to do with him. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Barton said:

Exactly. He needs to put up numbers now. Build a track record before he enters his last year and then free agency or his existing team extends him.

If he were that guy he’d be getting the Berrios gadget plays too, imo. Like Deebo.

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol you do realize Corey Davis put up those types of numbers before getting his deal right? He’s never hit 1000 yards or 8tds. 

You think Elijah puts up 985 and 5 tds with Zach Wilson? I don’t see it. Wilson is awful so far. That’s what Corey did before his last year in TN. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

bro they have whole packages set up for braxton berrios over moore. How can you blame the guy for wanting a trade. Only here on Jetnation would anyone defend the those ridiculous plays...see @Jetsfan80posts..he legitimately believe it is a good think that we waste Moore's talent and upside for the lil guys.

I dont like him being public on twitter complaining, but I get it. with only so many snaps to not even used is one thing, but to have inferior player used over you, featured over you. its crazy.

I dont think he goes anywhere but hopefully they maybe give him a few end arounds or looks this week.

I bet Garret Wilson feels the same way but as a rookie doesn't want to say anything..

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This stuff all seems sh*tty and short-sighted until the guy ends up on Dallas or Green Bay or Tampa or wherever his reps send him and he’s putting up numbers during prime time. It’s not Elijah Moore’s job to wait around until Zach figures it out. It’s not in his best interest to pretend to be a good soldier while the team muddles through the year pretending they’re competing with the counter-trey. You know what’s in Elijah Moore’s best interests? Going to the Rams, or the Packers, as fast as he possibly can. 

It’s Moores responsibility to STFU and play his best not to get pissed because the focus on GB was to run the ball.  Blaming ZW is dumb, I get after 3 straight wins we have to bitch about the Jets and the QB you didn’t want so he’s to blame when he has nothing to do with this

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This stuff all seems sh*tty and short-sighted until the guy ends up on Dallas or Green Bay or Tampa or wherever his reps send him and he’s putting up numbers during prime time. It’s not Elijah Moore’s job to wait around until Zach figures it out. It’s not in his best interest to pretend to be a good soldier while the team muddles through the year pretending they’re competing with the counter-trey. You know what’s in Elijah Moore’s best interests? Going to the Rams, or the Packers, as fast as he possibly can. 

And it’s in the Jets best interests as well - as fast as he can.

regarding your “pretend to be competing” comments, I know The packers disagree with you 100%

• Upvote 2

Just now, undertow said:

ssshhhh you can't bring up Zachs name we are making pretend this has nothing to do with him. 

It 100% has to do with Zach but context is key. Zach is building confidence and helping grow a winning culture that this franchise has sorely lacked. That gives him the temporary benefit of the doubt and the offense will have to make sacrifices to keep this thing rolling as he hopefully grows and gets better.

In a vacuum, Zach he is playing poorly from a traditional QB sense but things can’t be looked at like that. Moore is a selfish bitch. There’s no other way to look at it in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind, Jets wins will do nothing for Elijah’s career if he’s not putting up stats.  And if he’s not contributing, as a fan, it’s not that painful to the team or me if he wants out… we’re not using him well, and our QB hasn’t proven yet that he is great at feeding receiving weapons.

Elijah put in the work to build a connection with Zach and in this offense, and the results over all games played with Zach in this offense don’t look great.  Running clear out go routes 30%+ of your routes isn’t helping.

It’s business never personal.  

You can love winning, love your team mates, and love the fans, but if you’re a professional athlete, you are the only one able to protect your interests.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What's in your best interest?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tom, I see your point, but he is under contract and The Jets basically control his life for the next 2.5 years. He can quit if he wants, that's up to him, but do you think Douglas moves him unless he gets a 2 back? I do not see it.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If im douglas and saleh, he never wears the uniform again.  What a selfish clown.

Good riddence.  Trade for a 2nd or 3rd and be done w/ him.

He never wears the uniform again!!!

At least you now understand that “all the cards are face up on the table”, the organization and fans now know who this guy is.  
This trade demand coming only within basically hours of him tweeting ie telling the entire world, that he’s not “selfish” and then pretty much contradicting himself in the next few sentences.  Anyone in their life ever had a person tell you, “I’m a good person”?  So you know to head for the hills and never cross paths with that person again, right?  Haha.

This is the SAME thing but it has to do with “selfishness”.

I can already see Moore dropping a pass that a pro should have brought down at a critical moment (playoffs on the line)…..and start finger pointing.

Its always about money and a second contract, so it’s understandable that a guy knows he needs to put up numbers to get that, but some things shouldn’t be said out loud in the ultimate team sport, football, and he did it at the worst possible time, a spoke flying off the wheel of a team that is All together and loving what type of team they’re becoming…together.

Moore has to be traded, but ONLY if Joe D. can do his thing.  No Fire Sale.  Moore had 1st Rd grades and Douglas was able to get him in the 2nd.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

bro they have whole packages set up for braxton berrios over moore. How can you blame the guy for wanting a trade. Only here on Jetnation would anyone defend the those ridiculous plays...see @Jetsfan80posts..he legitimately believe it is a good think that we waste Moore's talent and upside for the lil guys.

I dont like him being public on twitter complaining, but I get it. with only so many snaps to not even used is one thing, but to have inferior player used over you, featured over you. its crazy.

I dont think he goes anywhere but hopefully they maybe give him a few end arounds or looks this week.

I bet Garret Wilson feels the same way but as a rookie doesn't want to say anything..

I know. I also agree about Garret Wilson. This is too soon for this to happen when the team is purposely “babying” their flawed QB in hopes of him growing. If the Jets were losing, Zach should be benched. They are not losing and he is not hurting them enough to cause losses yet so the least Moore can do is be patient while they give the QB experiment a chance.

The results have been bizarre so far. 3-0 with some clutch moments, mistake free moments and boneheaded moments. It’s a mixed bag but the experiment can continue if they are winning. They should try to get other guys involved to avoid this but they may not be able to. If that’s the case, Zach won’t last at QB since he won’t be making progress. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1