Brandon Marshall blames Zach Wilson

Bronx

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

What was wrong with what Marshall said exactly ? telling them to keep it internal ??

Marshall: I spoke to Elijah Moore a half hour ago. F^ck Zach Wilson.

Jets fans: Haha, well, this guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about! 

Marshall: I spoke to Elijah Moore. On the phone. 30 minutes ago. 

Jets fans: Nope, sorry fella. I read some tweets and they said it was family matters and…

Marshall: I can show you the call log. Look. Right here. 

Jets fans: And one other thing: Elijah Moore is slow. Sluggish. Fat as sh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 4
  • Haha 8

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Marshall: I spoke to Elijah Moore a half hour ago. F^ck Zach Wilson.

Jets fans: Haha, well, this guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about! 
Marshall: I spoke to Elijah Moore. On the phone. 30 minutes ago. 
Jets fans: Nope, sorry fella. I read some tweets and they said it was family matters and…

Marshall: I can show you the call log. Look. Right here. 
Jets fans: And one other thing: Elijah Moore is slow. Sluggish. Fat as sh*t.

I mean, what Elijah Moore actually says doesn’t seem very relevant to the discussion at hand 

He’s not even playing this week and may soon be the least important first or second year player on the roster 

it’s cool that Brandon Marshall likes him tho 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Words are cheap.  Just 8 targets over a 3-game period are indisputable facts.  

Either Zach isn’t looking his way, can’t get to him, or a combination of both. 

That's true, but he's thrown so little the past two games I am not sure anyone has more than 15 targets across them? And when you look at Moore's all22 he really doesn't look open either...

I just meant that I wonder if Marshall is referring to something between them other than the press statements that's occured. 

It's especially weird because the two seemed like fast friends last season. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, undertow said:

I never understood why anyone would take a dude who has borderline personality disorder and was involved in 8 domestic violence incidents seriously......a real intellectual who should be giving advice to people on how to behave. lmao

That doesn’t mean he’s wrong here. Deactivating Moore is a mistake. Keep him active and make ways to get him 4-5 touches a game. A few quick slants or short passes won’t take away much from the run game especially if Zach can complete the short passes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 8
  • WTF? 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well what I like about the coaching staff is that the master plan seems to be focused on winning games. If Zach has to air it out to win, let it rip.

But with a young QB if you can win on the ground, win that way.

Bad look for Eli speaking out after the first winning streak here in 3 million years.

I would think a highly talented, highly drafted WR could be part of the plan to win games, too.  Eventually this team will need to pass more than 20x a game to win.  Maybe not this week against Denver but it’s coming.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, undertow said:

I never understood why anyone would take a dude who has borderline personality disorder and was involved in 8 domestic violence incidents seriously......a real intellectual who should be giving advice to people on how to behave. lmao

Thank you I was just going to post that he's retarded and he's publicly admitted it! Why would anybody interview this guy? Who's next.. George "The Animal" Steele!?

Sorry to repeat myself but I'm really surprised by Elijah Moore's attitude. There's going to be injuries and different game plans and it's a Team Sport!? Ain't no "I" in team, and there ain't no "we" either.

This was a total punk ass move and this guy owes everybody a public apology. If not, send him packing to the worst team and worst situation in the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well what I like about the coaching staff is that the master plan seems to be focused on winning games. If Zach has to air it out to win, let it rip.

But with a young QB if you can win on the ground, win that way.

Bad look for Eli speaking out after the first winning streak here in 3 million years.

you CAN win with a young QB on the ground. but you CANT win on the ground.

we lived it with Sanchez. we watch it every year with the Titians. Henry runs them into the playoffs and then the better teams and CS stop him and Tannehill who isnt all that bad cant take them to the SB.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Brandon Marshall  in his prime would make  Zach Wilson Drew Breeze., so shut up 

I'm with you. 

Plus I don't really see anything wrong with that interview,  based on this thread I thought it was a fire fight interview. 

He is just coming from a point of view where moore is clear and far away the #1WR. Through that lens it all makes sense. 

I just see moore as 1 of 8 which gives me the opposite take on ZW's presser.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

I’m sorry but I don’t get this take, If the 4-5 touches were always planned great, but I’m not manufacturing 4-5 touches for Moore if they weren’t in the plans before the outburst. Moore has done nothing to date to demand touches and throw our offensive game plan out of whack just to pacify him. And besides that, the message that would send would be toxic if you ask me, “Hey, we know you were major distraction after the organizations biggest win in 7 years, and you don’t really have much merit except for the high expectations we have for you but we’re gonna cave and forget about all the BS you did this week and get you the ball even if it’s detrimental to our game plan”

**** that. 

i dont like giving in to guys like Moore with what he did, and if hes going then who cares. but if he is staying you got to get him the ball.

he could be more detrimental to the team if he stays and isnt happy. and next time it wont be a public twitter post. and like minded guys always find each other. the last thing we want is a small group of unhappy players talking behind the scenes. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I would think a highly talented, highly drafted WR could be part of the plan to win games, too.  Eventually this team will need to pass more than 20x a game to win.  Maybe not this week against Denver but it’s coming.  

It happened, two games ago against Pittsburgh. The childish hysterics some of you have gone into after a couple of run heavy weeks is laughable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It happened, two games ago against Pittsburgh. The childish hysterics some of you have gone into after a couple of run heavy weeks is laughable. 

True.  Basic Football is that you stick to what works in order to win.  When we beat Pittsburgh when we had to pass the ball to win.  Against better pass defense like Green Bay and Denver we had/have to run.  If a second year WR can’t understand that then he has a lot of issues ? 

• Upvote 3