Braxton Berrios’ turn tomorrow?

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they line up Berrios wide, the CB would just drop down into man, swallow him hole, and the rest of the coverage would rotate over two whoever was playing on the other side. Berrios is juicy, but he’s not built to compete against a CB is press man. It’d be Tavon Austin problems, but worse.

I wasnt thinking outside,  more slot running crossing routes. 

But I'll be honest I don't even understand how he doesn't work on the outside.  When I watch that dude return he's just quick,  speed and hard cuts.  Not arguing, just don't get it. 

If the route pic you posted was a ... many variant predictive analysis algorithm,  I'm familiar with it as they are all based on the same root.  I know it can err. So maybe your analysis or experience is telling you something I am not picking up on? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Damn straight it’s his turn and he’s earned it

Probably the scrappiest dude on the team and is as sure handed as they come.

Get him a TD in the passing game tomorrow and he’s also bound to have a return for a TD by the end of the year.

At least one receiving TD, passing TD, rushing TD and return for a TD in the same season…

Has that sh*t even been done before?

This is the only guy that comes to mind, though not sure on returns. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kordell_Stewart

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@BornJetsFan1983 dreams of the day when Braxton Berrios is no longer the key beneficiary when-highly drafted WRs are healthy scratches.

Key beneficiary of zero target Moore? If anything you should be worried about him, cause mims could eat into his gimmick crap by being a presence on the field demanding touches over him. Unlike moore and berries, mims comes in adult size and will be situationally much more attractive to gain big yards on the inevitable 3 and 15

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Damn straight it’s his turn and he’s earned it

Probably the scrappiest dude on the team and is as sure handed as they come.

Get him a TD in the passing game tomorrow and he’s also bound to have a return for a TD by the end of the year.

At least one receiving TD, passing TD, rushing TD and return for a TD in the same season…

Has that sh*t even been done before?

Brad Smith

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Berrios-Zach connection generally works because Berrios is, for the most part, running very tiny routes right under Zach’s nose, and gets open as a result of defenders paying attention to other receivers, leaving Berrios as the outlet. Berrios has been targeted 10 times this season; four of those were behind the line of scrimmage. Only one was beyond ten yards. In Berrios’ big game as a Jet (vs the Bucs last year), his route chart kinda tells the story of what he can do, and why he’s so Zach-friendly—short routes and crossing patterns as the inside receiver against zone coverage. Pitch and putt stuff you’d normally throw to your TE2.

425EC6EF-0B4C-4FA8-8C30-B970A7F9B649.jpeg

T0m that’s awesome.  Is that sunsciption based, or anyone can get it?  I’d love to see it from every receiver weekly. 

Moore sucked on the outside but is obviously a potential star in the NFL.

I hope they figure out a better mix for all this young talent.  

8 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

This guy always seems to step up when given the opportunity.   I know the sexier name is Mims but Berrios is the guy to watch.

Garrett slides to the outside and Berrios starts in the slot and has a big game!

One of the silver linings of the Moore drama is to test the above combo and different wide receiver groupings.  Moore on the outside wasn’t working.  Hopefully we’ll learn:

1. Is Wilson or Mims better suited for the Moore role?

2. Should Moore slide inside if he stays with the team?

3. Does Wilson, Davis, Mims, and Berrios make Moore expendable?

Should be interesting to watch.  

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You don't think we see more Jeff Smith?

I hope not... Mims needs to be opposite Corey Davis in 2 man sets to see if they can create against the CB's. Both can contest for balls up in the strike zone, while Wilson should be in the middle going up against LB's, or slots DB's who he will leave in their dust almost every time. 

11 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed.  I think we'll probably see a lot of similar formation, w/ Uzomah and Conklin getting a lot of snaps like in Green Bay.  Uzomah played 80% of the snaps last week, virtually an extra T, and Conklin played like 70%, so we could see maybe more routes out of them this week as well. 

In addition to that, you had Breece on the field for 67% and MC1 for 49%. Have to expect a lot of 12/21/22 personnel in this one. Berrios will get his usual opportunities, and I could see Mims potentially being the beneficiary of a nice chunk play, but it’s gonna be a lot of TEs and RBs out there this week. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I am more a fan of Cory Davis in slot.  He is the best blocking WR we have and does well in that. lining him up closer to LOS helps with that i think.  GW should be on the outside with his skinny frame running underneath.  They should continue with the 2 RB formations and put someone like Mims or Jeff Smith in that clear out role when they need it.  Mix in Barrious here and there as gadget/slot as he is underrated blocker too.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, PorP said:

I wasnt thinking outside,  more slot running crossing routes. 

But I'll be honest I don't even understand how he doesn't work on the outside.  When I watch that dude return he's just quick,  speed and hard cuts.  Not arguing, just don't get it. 

If the route pic you posted was a ... many variant predictive analysis algorithm,  I'm familiar with it as they are all based on the same root.  I know it can err. So maybe your analysis or experience is telling you something I am not picking up on? 

They should give it a shot. To be honest, I’m always surprised when Berrios does anything, but every time they give him a chance, it seems to work out. What do they have to lose?

9 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

T0m that’s awesome.  Is that sunsciption based, or anyone can get it?  I’d love to see it from every receiver weekly. 

Moore sucked on the outside but is obviously a potential star in the NFL.

I hope they figure out a better mix for all this young talent. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

This guy always seems to step up when given the opportunity.   I know the sexier name is Mims but Berrios is the guy to watch.

Garrett slides to the outside and Berrios starts in the slot and has a big game!

One of the silver linings of the Moore drama is to test the above combo and different wide receiver groupings.  Moore on the outside wasn’t working.  Hopefully we’ll learn:

1. Is Wilson or Mims better suited for the Moore role?

2. Should Moore slide inside if he stays with the team?

3. Does Wilson, Davis, Mims, and Berrios make Moore expendable?

Should be interesting to watch.  

Mims has size & speed. Also has a chip on his shoulder to prove he belongs. He wants to be here and play. Moore was starting but is trying to pull a "Keyshawn Johnson!" Except Moore is no Keyshawn. If Mims plays well, trade him! side note: I saw some where a pic of Moore having diner with Jamal Adams & Marcus Maye before this all took place. Very interesting. Anyone else seen this pic?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They should give it a shot. To be honest, I’m always surprised when Berrios does anything, but every time they give him a chance, it seems to work out. What do they have to lose?

It always seems that when Berrios is involved, good things happen. So I'm not surprised when he does something. 

I am uncomfortable with the "go Berrios **** Moore" mindset of some folks.

With that said, Moore put himself in this spot, and I root for the Jets, not the Moore's, not the Wilson's, the Jets.

So I hope the Jets players play as well as possible.  If that is Berrios or Mims, great.  

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I am uncomfortable with the "go Berrios **** Moore" mindset of some folks.

With that said, Moore put himself in this spot, and I root for the Jets, not the Moore's, not the Wilson's, the Jets.

So I hope the Jets players play as well as possible.  If that is Berrios or Mims, great.  

Not sure what mindset you would want fish?  None of us have control overs Moores desire to play silly games and win silly prizes. And I don't disagree with the CS reaction to it. 

Maybe I'm alone but I think it's nice that our skill position player is out and we think there is enough WR depth that the sky isn't falling.