<<<<<<< Jets vs Broncos -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

39 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Saleh said that this D is very tough and other offenses (I would guess good ones) struggled to score - we scored the most against Denver in Denver and something like second most this year.

I think that's correct. That said, Zach made many bad decisions that he shouldn't have made, regardless (or especially) of the defense that was out there. 

That said, his bad decisions were not plentiful enough that they led to anything terrible. He made 2 or 3 throws that should have been INTs, and he got lucky with that fumble. It should have been a TD for Denver. Other than that he didn't really do much outside of that FG drive in the 4th quarter.

The rest of this team is what won this game.

• Upvote 1

I saw posts about the refs today. The Jets had 11-85 and Denver 4-34. But before Jets fans complain too much about the zebras today. What about the penalties they didn’t call. There was at least one PI late in the game that could easily been called against Gardner. He was clutching the guys jersey in the end zone. That was one I think there was at least one more. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I saw posts about the refs today. The Jets had 11-85 and Denver 4-34. But before Jets fans complain too much about the zebras today. What about the penalties they didn’t call. There was at least one PI late in the game that could easily been called against Gardner. He was clutching the guys jersey in the end zone. That was one I think there was at least one more. 

You see that sort of clutching on every other play 

he had good coverage and I like them swallowing the whistle there 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Hex said:

I think that's correct. That said, Zach made many bad decisions that he shouldn't have made, regardless (or especially) of the defense that was out there. 

That said, his bad decisions were not plentiful enough that they led to anything terrible. He made 2 or 3 throws that should have been INTs, and he got lucky with that fumble. It should have been a TD for Denver. Other than that he didn't really do much outside of that FG drive in the 4th quarter.

The rest of this team is what won this game.

yeah, I haven't had a chance to watch the game, but judging from the reactions to the game thread he didn't complete a single pass, fumbled four times, threw 6 INTs, ran up and jumped on Hall's leg and then proceeded to kick puppies. I am guessing it wasn't that bad, but I shall see...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This board is a schizophrenic cesspool. It’s tough to take and it sucks all the joy from Jets football. And it all comes from the same miserable people.  The past few seasons when the Jets stunk and those taking the long view wanted losses to improve draft position and build a winner, all we heard from the negative crowd was that that rooting for losses to improve draft position is bad. All that matters is wins and building a winning culture.

in the off-season and preseason, when many of us wanted to play Wilson all season to see what we had at QB, we heard from the negative crowd that they were sick of losing and wanted a competitive team this season . In fact, all they wanted was to play meaningful games and be entertained, like their favorite season, 2015. They wanted Flacco as the QB. 

Now we built a team through the draft and are winning and are in the playoff hunt and it’s not good enough for the negative crowd. They suddenly don’t care about wins and now want style points from the team in general and from the QB in particular. Now they care about the future and are suddenly convinced Wilson can’t be the long term answer. 

It’s pretty sick how the only thing that matters to them is to be right about their opinions about Wilson and nothing else matters. I am thrilled to be 5-2. I am upset over on,y one thing- the injuries.  Wilson is not turning the ball over. He’s not losing games against very good defenses - on the road. 

Who's being "schizophrenic" here (though I'm guessing you meant Bi-Polar)?  For months I've been saying the same 2 things:  1) Joe Douglas is a quality GM who has been steadily building a very nice roster; and 2) Zach Wilson sucks.

Both of those things have been proven correct over the course of this season.  It's great that we have a solid team here.  It sucks that the QB is going to hold us back.  Shades of 2009-2010 all over again.  Which, I acknowledge, was one of the last times it was fun to be a fan of this godforsaken franchise.  

The key is this:  2023 needs to come with a new QB1 option.  And here's the good news:  This is going to be a pretty attractive place for veteran QB's should we go that route.

• Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This board is a schizophrenic cesspool. It’s tough to take and it sucks all the joy from Jets football. And it all comes from the same miserable people.  The past few seasons when the Jets stunk and those taking the long view wanted losses to improve draft position and build a winner, all we heard from the negative crowd was that that rooting for losses to improve draft position is bad. All that matters is wins and building a winning culture.

in the off-season and preseason, when many of us wanted to play Wilson all season to see what we had at QB, we heard from the negative crowd that they were sick of losing and wanted a competitive team this season . In fact, all they wanted was to play meaningful games and be entertained, like their favorite season, 2015. They wanted Flacco as the QB. 

Now we built a team through the draft and are winning and are in the playoff hunt and it’s not good enough for the negative crowd. They suddenly don’t care about wins and now want style points from the team in general and from the QB in particular. Now they care about the future and are suddenly convinced Wilson can’t be the long term answer. 

It’s pretty sick how the only thing that matters to them is to be right about their opinions about Wilson and nothing else matters. I am thrilled to be 5-2. I am upset over on,y one thing- the injuries.  Wilson is not turning the ball over. He’s not losing games against very good defenses - on the road. 

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Well if you went back and looked at my posts today I clearly sad he was bad today.  I don’t like agendas or bullsh*t just being honest about what goes on 

You don't like agendas? You literally down vote every post where there is a criticism of Wilson. You have just as much of an agenda as the posters you like to criticize.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

yeah, I haven't had a chance to watch the game, but judging from the reactions to the game thread he didn't complete a single pass, fumbled four times, threw 6 INTs, ran up and jumped on Hall's leg and then proceeded to kick puppies. I am guessing it wasn't that bad, but I shall see...

I wanted Zack to be the guy so bad. 

It was that ugly today.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

You see that sort of clutching on every other play 

he had good coverage and I like them swallowing the whistle there 

**** off. They weren’t egregiously missed calls and every sport has penalty’s revert to the mean. they only seem to call the penalties when they mean something….and the 2:1 Jets disadvantage is usual. 

• WTF? 1

46 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This board is a schizophrenic cesspool. It’s tough to take and it sucks all the joy from Jets football.

Then why do you come here?

Why do you let other peoples opinions effect you so deeply that it "sucks the joy" from you?

Seems odd that you come to a community you so clearly hold in low regard.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Tf is this sh*t for?  I just posted a tweet and said I was happy that Mims seems to have bought in.  What is your problem?

Neg-repped for saying I didn't think you were naive or dumb, that's a new one.  

Mims is saying what his agent tells him to say, nothing more.  He hasn't bought into anything, he still wants to be traded.  If he didn't, his answer would have been very different to that agent-speak hot air.