<<<<<<< Jets vs Broncos -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Neg-repped for saying I didn't think you were naive or dumb, that's a new one.  

Mims is saying what his agent tells him to say, nothing more.  He hasn't bought into anything, he still wants to be traded.  If he didn't, his answer would have been very different to that agent-speak hot air.

The way you said it came off as you calling me naive, and then dumb for not understanding what you meant.  Seeing that another poster was confused by your phrasing and posts, it didn’t come off as straight forward as you think it did.  So apologies for assuming wrong, but those were pretty poorly worded responses and came off a bit harsh.

Back to the topic: Mims has stated multiple times pre and post request that he’s open to staying with the Jets, he just wants to play.  He could be handling thing things like a certain other 2nd round WR (subtweeting, throwing tantrums, etc.), but instead he is doing and saying all the right things.  That’s all I meant.

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

yeah, I haven't had a chance to watch the game, but judging from the reactions to the game thread he didn't complete a single pass, fumbled four times, threw 6 INTs, ran up and jumped on Hall's leg and then proceeded to kick puppies. I am guessing it wasn't that bad, but I shall see...

Please get back to us after you watch it. It might be closer than you think . . .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

He's improving though

@Reasonable Jets Fan

8 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Patience Elijah, the chosen one only has 2 more years here.

@Reasonable Jets Fan

10 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Zach doesn't need any excuses for his play.

@Reasonable Jets Fan

It will come out in the wash.

The only stat that matters... 4 - 0 this year... Enough said

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Please get back to us after you watch it. It might be closer than you think . . .

Half way through now - ZW did not look good, but not nearly as bad people made him out to be. The guy was running for his life, and every time the O would make progress they would be get a penalty that would stall or kill a drive.

Zach just stood in pocket and threw a dart while a lb was blitzing right at him. He also had a couple of good runs.

Again not good, but hardly the worst QB we have ever had. He didn't see ghosts (although next week with Halloween and BB that may yet come). He didn't turn the ball over (although he almost did). Between the OL and the receivers, there were plenty of mistakes that helped kill drives. Again, ZW did NOT look good.

If we are going to win 9 or 10 games, he needs to step up his game. If he can't put together a lot of strong games, he will likely lose his job next year (or year after).

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Half way through now - ZW did not look good, but not nearly as bad people made him out to be. The guy was running for his life, and every time the O would make progress they would be get a penalty that would stall or kill a drive.

Zach just stood in pocket and threw a dart while a lb was blitzing right at him. He also had a couple of good runs.

Again not good, but hardly the worst QB we have ever had. He didn't see ghosts (although next week with Halloween and BB that may yet come). He didn't turn the ball over (although he almost did). Between the OL and the receivers, there were plenty of mistakes that helped kill drives. Again, ZW did NOT look good.

If we are going to win 9 or 10 games, he needs to step up his game. If he can't put together a lot of strong games, he will likely lose his job next year (or year after).

It was by far his worst performance of the year.  I see regression, but I guess time will tell . . .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sciond said:

Yet here we are 5-2

With him we won 4 in a row..

So who pissed in your Cornflakes? 

Can't you just enjoy winning?

This is a message board for Jets discussion.  If you had it your way we'd just be saying "5-2!"  "Yeah, 5-2!" and nothing else for the next week.  

It's possible to enjoy the win AND have a legitimate reason to be hoping for massive improvement.  Particularly when its coming at the most important position on the field.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is a message board for Jets discussion.  If you had it your way we'd just be saying "5-2!"  "Yeah, 5-2!" and nothing else for the next week.  

It's possible to enjoy the win AND have a legitimate reason to be hoping for massive improvement.  Particularly when its coming at the most important position on the field.

Like I said be happy and we should discuss if he is our guy when the season winds. If he is winning he is our guy 

3 minutes ago, sciond said:

Like I said be happy and we should discuss if he is our guy when the season winds. If he is winning he is our guy 

lol.  When Darnold was here, he was secretly "the guy" because the rest of the team was holding him back.

Now, with the roster loaded, Wilson is the guy because the team is winning, even when its in spite of him and his suckage.  #JNLogic

Maybe one day we can have a QB who actually leads this team to wins with his play and isn't just dragged along for the ride (like Mark Sanchez was oh so long ago).  One day.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  When Darnold was here, he was secretly "the guy" because the rest of the team was holding him back.

Now, with the roster loaded, Wilson is the guy because the team is winning, even when its in spite of him and his suckage.  #JNLogic

Maybe one day we can have a QB who actually leads this team to wins with his play and isn't just dragged along for the ride (like Mark Sanchez was oh so long ago).  One day.  

DId Darnold ever win 4 in a row.....

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Back when Darnold's teams sucked, it was a "team game" according to his defenders.

Guess that shifts when the team is winning.  Then the credit goes to the QB.  

no still a team game. where did I say he won the game..

TBC I said I will take the way he plays and a win every day

If that stops we can discuss down the road

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

yeah, I haven't had a chance to watch the game, but judging from the reactions to the game thread he didn't complete a single pass, fumbled four times, threw 6 INTs, ran up and jumped on Hall's leg and then proceeded to kick puppies. I am guessing it wasn't that bad, but I shall see...

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are probably kicking puppies right now to get their frustration out

37 minutes ago, sciond said:

Yet here we are 5-2

I’m happy they’re 5-2.  But they’re winning in spite of Zach.  I was a zach supporter until this game.  Way too many inaccurate throws and was too careless with the ball while scrambling.  He should have been hit with a fumble and probably 2 INTs.  But alas,  here we are at 5-2 and relevant.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, sciond said:

Yet here we are 5-2

I love that the Jets are winning but I live in reality. Zach did not have a good game today nor did he have a good game last week either. The reason we won today was because the defense held Denver to 9 points and Breece Hall had that great TD run. I am concerned that Zach will not be able to step up and produce the results this team needs without the services of Breece Hall. The next 3 games are against the Pats, Bills, Pats, and I'm afraid we will continue to see poor play from him. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 1

More importantly, who started this thread?

I was sleeping people. I can count on one hand the times I go to bed before midnight. Got up, went downstairs to the basement so I could give this game thread the love it deserves.

And it worked. Again. 

Website newbies like @BP insist on using ****'s in the thread title. But after consulting with @The Gun Of Bavaria we went back to his air defense days and realized that Jets need Wings. 

Then <<<<<<< Jets vs _____ -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>> was born. 

We ran our findings by site captain @FidelioJet and here we are.  @The Crusher is throwing us all a big pizza party to celebrate.

The season was saved. People arguing about Zach and upset about Breece are missing the point.

The game thread has all the power. Now that we have the formula right, the Jets are flying high and won't be stopped.

You are all very welcome.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I love that the Jets are winning but I live in reality. Zach did not have a good game today nor did he have a good game last week either. The reason we won today was because the defense held Denver to 9 points and Breece Hall had that great TD run. I am concerned that Zach will not be able to step up and produce the results this team needs without the services of Breece Hall. The next 3 games are against the Pats, Bills, Pats, and I'm afraid we will continue to see poor play from him. I hope I'm wrong. 

That is a very real possibility. The thing is we are going to find out in a hurry.

Pats - Bills - Pats won't be easy.

The defense is going to have to cut out all the penalties. The offense is going to have to cut out penalties, keep up the ground game and Zach has to take a big step forward.

That starts next Sunday when the Jets beat the Pats to get to 6 and 2.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

More importantly, who started this thread?

I was sleeping people. I can count on one hand the times I go to bed before midnight. Got up, went downstairs to the basement so I could give this game thread the love it deserves.

And it worked. Again. 

Website newbies like @BP insist on using ****'s in the thread title. But after consulting with @The Gun Of Bavaria we went back to his air defense days and realized that Jets need Wings. 

Then <<<<<<< Jets vs _____ -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>> was born. 

We ran our findings by site captain @FidelioJet and here we are.  @The Crusher is throwing us all a big pizza party to celebrate.

The season was saved. People arguing about Zach and upset about Breece are missing the point.

The game thread has all the power. Now that we have the formula right, the Jets are flying high and won't be stopped.

You are all very welcome.  :)

Good luck at "The Crushers" Pizza Party

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Back when Darnold's teams sucked, it was a "team game" according to his defenders.

Guess that shifts when the team is winning.  Then the credit goes to the QB.  

Record is only a QB stat when the team is winning and that team is the Jets. Kirk Cousins and Danny Dimes suck according to many here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Wilson  is not the guy who puts a team on his back and wills a team to victory.

Hopefully he just plays good enough to win in the future too

59 minutes ago, jgb said:

Record is only a QB stat when the team is winning and that team is the Jets. Kirk Cousins and Danny Dimes suck according to many here.

Honeslty, I don't think anyone can defend Zach's performance yesterday.  Not even me...

He seems to be regressing and look like week 5 Zach from last year.  

Seriously, I really can't understand how he continues to miss, badly, very routine throws.  I've held the belief that that was just him being tight and he'll grow out of it as he gets more comfortable.  But it doesn't seem to be the case.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honeslty, I don't think anyone can defend Zach's performance yesterday.  Not even me...

Seriously, I really can't understand how he continues to miss, badly, very routine throws.  I've held the belief that that was just him being tight and he'll grow out of it as he gets more comfortable.  But it doesn't seem to be the case.

I LOVE that we are 5-2 but any poster who thinks this is a QB that can succeed long term as is delusional.  I  think he looks like a kid who's mom and dad are making him play. He doesn't appear comfortable under center. Early 1st half, that throw to not get sacked that was challenged  Could have easily been a Denver TD. Something is not right.  

7 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

He's running for his life because he isn't getting the ball out in under 3 seconds. There are open receivers downfield and he either isn't getting through his reads fast enough or he's hanging onto the ball too long in hopes of a better option. And on the occasion he does get the ball out, he's not making simple throws that a QB has to make. 

That turning around while he's running around like a headless chicken, back to the defense; that has to stop now. He's gonna get seriously hurt doing that. And it's a turnover waiting to happen. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The simplest explanation is that he's not currently good at football...

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When he said the broadcast was terrible I'm confident he meant Charles Davis.

Unfortunately, I have only been using the NFL site for my radio broadcasts.

I think my opinion on the matter is backwards as I actually like Marty Lyons and cannot stand Bob W.

1 minute ago, GKnight83 said:

I think my opinion on the matter is backwards as I actually like Marty Lyons and cannot stand Bob W.

I didn't listen to the radio broadcast.  I kinda like both of those guys actually.  Just feel fortunate that you didn't have to listen to Charles Davis.  

2 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

Nice dog.

Gotta tell you i heard the end of the game on the radio and Weshuchens call on Gardner defending the pass in the end zone was incredible.

Not trying to change your opinion but if you have not heard that call - take a listen.  

Just now, Trotter said:

Nice dog.

Gotta tell you i heard the end of the game on the radio and Weshuchens call on Gardner defending the pass in the end zone was incredible.

Not trying to change your opinion but if you have not heard that call - take a listen.  

I agree with you.  He was pretty excited on that call.  I admit he has his moments.

What he does not seem to understand is it is radio.  He needs to state the yardage gained or lost quicker.

You hear like 20 seconds of BS before he states the yardage, and he even gets that wrong a significant portion of the time.

"That went for 13 yards, no 14, I mean 15".  Clearly no Vin Skully!

10 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

It was by far his worst performance of the year.  I see regression, but I guess time will tell . . .

I get that, but the problem with such a young team and the injuries on the OL is that unlike the Pats, for example, the offense cannot 'protect' the QB. He had some good plays (especially avoiding sacks that would have gotten Flacco killed), and he settled down quite a bit in the second half (which I have finished watching). It was NOT a strong showing by him, but not nearly as bad as many of the comments about him).

In last nights game, there were no scores in the second half and a lot of very similar plays without the OL gaffs. Scoring is down this year as defenses are starting to dominate and I know Tua was just shaking off the rust, and I think some fans have an unrealistic expectation of what a QB, especially a young one, can do. The great Tom Brady had a bad game (although I would blame his age and our old HC for a lot of that). This year, I would say ZW has been better, maybe not this week, than Trevor. With all of the when did Geno get so good talk, maybe we can give ZW the rest of the year? He will have ups and downs - hopefully yesterday was a down :-)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

He's running for his life because he isn't getting the ball out in under 3 seconds. There are open receivers downfield and he either isn't getting through his reads fast enough or he's hanging onto the ball too long in hopes of a better option. And on the occasion he does get the ball out, he's not making simple throws that a QB has to make. 

That turning around while he's running around like a headless chicken, back to the defense; that has to stop now. He's gonna get seriously hurt doing that. And it's a turnover waiting to happen. 

I think we need to agree to disagree - I would urge you to watch the game again, if you want, and see it without the adrenaline of the live game. Even the clearly biased color commentator was saying how Zach didn't have time and he couldn't believe how he was avoiding some of the sacks. Sometimes a player would run in without being touched - nobody is going to be able to get that play off.

Yes, he held the ball too long sometimes; Yes he did not have a good game - there is no question about that.

Watch the KC game, one of the best QBs in the league who is known for extending plays and succeeding against strong pass rush, and you will see that even the best can't stand up to an unblock rusher.

I also have to blame LaFleur for some of this. He could set up easy completion plays to get ZW going. He can do more play action, screens and draws. He also stubbornly sticks to his 'scripted plays' even when they are not working. After adjusting in the 2nd half, the O seemed better.