Updated Rep Icons

32 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

There is a reason the laughing crying emoji has taken over the internet as the most commonly used symbol of laughter. It’s funnier. 

No, it’s because it’s part of the icon system used by Apple, as such it’s the most pervasively used, understood, and copied. That’s why it gets used most often. That’s why you can make the argument we should use it.

Not because the funny icon is funny.

Relaxing Machine Gun Kelly GIF by Music Choice

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And… the first “new” rep given is in and @BornJetsFan1983 gave me a “Sympathy” rep for this. Something tells me he won’t be the only one. 

Maybe we’ll just go back to the up-arrow. For now I’ll just make Thumb Up the default instead of Sympathy. I still think it looks strange, though.

I will NOT be denied my Poop emoji!

What The Hell Wtf GIF by INTO ACTION

• Haha 1

I see the icons have been updated.  The prayer emoji is a good sympathy one (over the heart).  I'm still going to have to get used to the vomit emoji being where the laughter emoji used to be though. 

@T0mShane, if I vomit on any of your posts, please know that it probably was meant as laughter.

• Ugh 2

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, it’s because it’s part of the icon system used by Apple, as such it’s the most pervasively used, understood, and copied. That’s why it gets used most often. That’s why you can make the argument we should use it.

Not because the funny icon is funny.

Relaxing Machine Gun Kelly GIF by Music Choice

The crying laugh wasn’t the primary iOS laughing emoji, it became that through usage 

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I see the icons have been updated.  The prayer emoji is a good sympathy one (over the heart).  I'm still going to have to get used to the vomit emoji being where the laughter emoji used to be though. 

@T0mShane, if I vomit on any of your posts, please know that it probably was meant as laughter.

Is this the vomit/laugh equivalent of sharting?

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sperms avatar would be it.  And it could be used to react to posts that are way too lengthy for their actual content.

What would be really cool would be for this Sperm icon to automatically come up whenever a post goes beyond a predetermined word count.  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Ok, the new emojis suck.

Symphony makes me think someone is praying that my post was right.

The new laugh makes the guy look like he's in pain or crying without the tears. 

Puke should go back to the all time fav: butt fumble 

My exact thought when I first saw it.   It doesn't convey the right amount of laughs like the old one.

The sympathy one should be there to show support when someone has lost a loved one, etc.   I could see swapping it for a hug icon.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Sympathy is the heart?

I always thought the heart was “love” as in I love this post more then a like, but it’s still not post of the week material. 

Hey it's the Jets. What you expect.  When we get a wining record it will change.  Until then, we will have deal with it.

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

My exact thought when I first saw it.   It doesn't convey the right amount of laughs like the old one.

The sympathy one should be there to show support when someone has lost a loved one, etc.   I could see swapping it for a hug icon.

Yea I don't like the sympathy icon. Its actually grateful hands. Not sure what that has to do with sympathy. I'm used to the crying icon. We're the Jets. Its much more useful and constructive. 

• Haha 1