Updated Rep Icons

4 hours ago, neckdemon said:

the previous laughing icon was much better. the blue heart is too confusing and no one is gonna know what it means. 

idk if it available but a "hide the pain harold" reaction icon would be highly suggested!!!

Agree, bring back the old laugh icon.

• Upvote 1

Poor Sperm, there is no way to make everyone happy with this.

Me, I like simple:

Green Arrow Up = UpVote +1, the Standard "I Like This Post"

Red Arrow Down = DownVote -1, the Standard "I Do Not Like This Post"

Lombardi Trophy = Post of the Week, a Truly Great Post, in my world would be worth +2

Buttfumble or Whatever Folks Like Best = Worst Post Possible, a Truly Bad Post, in my world would be worth -2

Cry/Sad Emoji = Sadness/Sympathy +0, used for supporting or reacting to sad news. 

Confused/WTF Emoji = Huh?  WTF?  What?  The standard "I am confused by your post" reaction.  Worth +0

I feel like this covers all real forum needs.  Diff between + and - is both visually identifiable (Up vs. down) and color coded (Green vs. Red), makes it easy, ever for the colorblind. 

Trophy and Buttfumble should be more rarely used, for the truly great and truly bad. 

And two "Status Relation" no-rep responses, for all the various sadness/sad stuff where it's not the posters fault (bad news about Jets) or is truly a sympathy situation.  And Confused for those common instances of "WTF are you talking about", so you don't negrep them for being perhaps a bit confusing. 

You start going beyond this (I know one forum that has literally 50 different Rep options, wow) I think it's a bit overkill.

JMO, in the interest of user feedback :)  I 100% respect whatever Max and Sperm and the Team decide.  It's all just sillyness at the end of the day anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Poor Sperm, there is no way to make everyone happy with this.

Me, I like simple:

Green Arrow Up = UpVote +1, the Standard "I Like This Post"

Red Arrow Down = DownVote -1, the Standard "I Do Not Like This Post"

Trophy = Post of the Week, a Truly Great Post, in my world would be worth +2

Buttfumble or Whatever Folks Like Best = Worst Post Possible, a Truly Bad Post, in my world would be worth -2

Cry/Sad Emoji = Sadness/Sympathy +0, used for supporting or reacting to sad news. 

Confused/WTF Emoji = Huh?  WTF?  What?  The standard "I am confused by your post" reaction.  Worth +0

I feel like this covers all real forum needs.  Diff between + and - is both visually identifiable (Up vs. down) and color coded (Green vs. Red), makes it easy, ever for the colorblind. 

Trophy and Buttfumble should be more rarely used, for the truly great and truly bad. 

And two "Status Relation" no-rep responses, for all the various sadness/sad stuff where it's not the posters fault (bad news about Jets) or is truly a sympathy situation.  And Confused for those common instances of "WTF are you talking about", so you don't negrep them for being perhaps a bit confusing. 

You start going beyond this (I know one forum that has literally 50 different Rep options, wow) I think it's a bit overkill.

JMO, in the interest of user feedback :)  I 100% respect whatever Max and Sperm and the Team decide.  It's all just sillyness at the end of the day anyway.

Agreed on all 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

First, thanks for undertaking this effort, @Sperm Edwards.   Couple of quick thoughts: I really like that we now finally have a support/sympathy icon.   I don't like the new laugh icon or where it's placed in the choices.   The throw up icon I can do without.

Earlier in the year we got a lot of requests for the poop emoji. At the risk of sounding old & prudish, I just think it’s vulgar. Like I said, the other thing conveying the same thing would’ve been bag-on-head. I thought a puking face was in-between. This is me compromising lol. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Earlier in the year we got a lot of requests for the poop emoji. At the risk of sounding old & prudish, I just think it’s vulgar. Like I said, the other thing conveying the same thing would’ve been bag-on-head. I thought a puking face was in-between. This is me compromising lol. 

Yeah, I see your quandary.  I don't like the poop thing either.   It's cheap.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Everyone seems to be using the sympathy emoji as a "prayer/hope you're right"

I suppose it will be used in both ways when someone alerts the board of bad news in their personal lives.

@Sperm Edwards is the ? a +1 or 0 rep? 

It will influence how I use it. 

Here’s what they are right now:

FEAC0010-630A-45FC-AF47-6B2015AF6684.jpeg

• More Ugh 1

59 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

@Sperm Edwards?? <—— one of these should be the laughing icon IMO

Yeah I saw those around.

To my thinking I didn’t even change much, and half the reason was just to use a more updated icon. Here’s the prior & current ones. 

Like I said, they can always be changed again. No matter what I change (or fail to change) half the people or more won’t like it, so I’m also keeping that in mind. But I’d still welcome suggestions all the same. Except from you. ?

BD996FC9-CF25-4E67-8403-8E89DCB6DF51.png

B49F4E19-7600-4FB4-A07A-1A0044D3B69C.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

barf face should be -1

Often people use that in response to collective/united feeling of bleh. -1 would then direct that feeling towards the person posting it.

Like giving -1 (from all sorts) from whomever it was that first posted Moore’s trade request. The puke face would be for Moore, not for the poster informing us about it. That’s why it’s not -1.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Ant chance of changing the order of icons?  The laugh is in a bad spot.  And why start with the ugh?

yeah I can do that. I’m already hitting the ugh when I want to reply with a laugh. Doing that now.

If you look at the screen shot I pasted, puke was last not first. But the last one in the list ends up closest to the “leave rep now” default gray&white icon. Just the way it is.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

yeah I can do that. I’m already hitting the ugh when I want to reply with a laugh. Doing that now.

If you look at the screen shot I pasted, puke was last not first. But the last one in the list ends up closest to the “leave rep now” default gray&white icon. Just the way it is.

Cascade them from positives to negative.

upvote, laugh, potw, love, thanks, wtf, puke, downvote

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And… the first “new” rep given is in and @BornJetsFan1983 gave me a “Sympathy” rep for this. Something tells me he won’t be the only one. 

Maybe we’ll just go back to the up-arrow. For now I’ll just make Thumb Up the default instead of Sympathy. I still think it looks strange, though.

Love the up default! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...