Kareem Hunt (on the block)

Just now, NYJCAP2 said:

They should never be over. 

Hunt is a good player, but trading away picks for a rental is not sound management in my opinion.

Then why not trade away Sauce for a boatload of draft picks if that is all we care about? At some point, like when you are 5-2, it becomes OK to trade ONE mid round draft pick. 

No one is saying give up a 1st, or even a 2nd, for Hunt. But I am willing to give up next years Jeremy Ruckert for a Rb that help us get to the playoffs this year.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, it's much better to not compete in a season where you have a shot at making the playoffs. Sends a good message to the team as well. 

Hey guys, thanks for the wins but since we need more draft picks to replace umm maybe some of you, we're just going to say thanks and see you at the draft party!

No way I'm giving up a #3 for a RB.  Not at this stage in the rebuild.  The reason this team has gotten where it is is due to good drafting.  If we want to take another step, it's going to happen the same way.  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No way I'm giving up a #3 for a RB.  Not at this stage in the rebuild.  The reason this team has gotten where it is is due to good drafting.  If we want to take another step, it's going to happen the same way.  

Who do you like? What school does he go to? What position does he play? 

Because I know who I like and what position he plays and what we need right now.

You don't punt on a season and then try to sell that to the players you have currently playing their asses off to win. You just don't do it.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What do you mean “rebuild”. We’re 5-2 and well on the way to the playoffs with this defense. Anything can happen once in playoffs, look at Cincy last year. I’d absolutely give up a pick for Hunt. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Who do you like? What school does he go to? What position does he play? 

Because I know who I like and what position he plays and what we need right now.

You don't punt on a season and then try to sell that to the players you have currently playing their asses off to win. You just don't do it.

We're likely going to be 5-5 after our next 3 games.  Yes, we'll have a real shot at the postseason.  But the dumbest thing we can do is start mortgaging the future for this season (especially for a RB!)  

• Thumb Down 1

We're likely going to be 5-5 after our next 3 games.  Yes, we'll have a real shot at the postseason.  But the dumbest thing we can do is start mortgaging the future for this season (especially for a RB!)  

Giving up a third rounder is not mortgaging the future. It's silly to suggest otherwise.

And the future is here. 

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What do you mean “rebuild”. We’re 5-2 and well on the way to the playoffs with this defense. Anything can happen once in playoffs, look at Cincy last year. I’d absolutely give up a pick for Hunt. 

This is still very much a rebuild.  We are trying to build sustained success.  We can't give away a 3rd rounder for a RB.  We can draft a player who might be here for 10 years.

Denver's TE Greg Dulcich was a 3rd rounder.

We’re beating the pats, they’re not scoring TDs on us. We got best defense in NFL.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is still very much a rebuild.  We are trying to build sustained success.  We can't give away a 3rd rounder for a RB.  We can draft a player who might be here for 10 years.

Denver's TE Greg Dulcich was a 3rd rounder.

The rebuild is over bro. The days with multiple 1st rd picks are over. This is the team that we have to compete for a Super Bowl these next few years. The nucleus is in place 

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

We’re beating the pats, they’re not scoring TDs on us. We got best defense in NFL.

I agree we have a terrific defense but you know BB is going to have a great game plan.  If there's a weakness, he'll find it.  And is AVT healthy?  Is Eli Moore playing?  Corey Davis?

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The rebuild is over bro. The days with multiple 1st rd picks are over. This is the team that we have to compete for a Super Bowl these next few years. The nucleus is in place 

How can you say that when we still don't know what Zach is.  Yes, it looks like we have a terrific young defense.  But if we end up needing a QB then how are we competing for a Super Bowl? 

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It is,  but so is making the playoffs.  

If were were on the doorstep of a Super Bowl that would be one thing.  But do you think we're there yet?  I think there's a very good chance we're going to be 5-5 after our next 3 games.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

How can you say that when we still don't know what Zach is.  Yes, it looks like we have a terrific young defense.  But if we end up needing a QB then how are we competing for a Super Bowl? 

So we're drafting a franchise QB with that third rounder or are we trading up using that awesome middle of the third rounder?

How do you tell your team that you didn't do everything you could to help them win because you were afraid of losing out on the next Greg Dulcich? 

We're blasting Elijah Moore because he's not bought into winning football games and you're gonna pull THIS sh*t?

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Where are we getting a QB from to replace Zach?

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If were were on the doorstep of a Super Bowl that would be one thing.  But do you think we're there yet?  I think there's a very good chance we're going to be 5-5 after our next 3 games.  

One the doorstep of a super bowl or rebuilding those are the only two choices?

And what exactly is the doorstep of the super bowl? Where is making the playoffs? The front lawn? The sidewalk?

You do what you can to keep winning when you are winning. Unless you want to continue a losing culture of perpetual rebuilds. These are human beings playing this game, they're not thinking about how ******* awesome that third rounder is going to be. They could give a sh*t.

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So we're drafting a franchise QB with that third rounder or are we trading up using that awesome middle of the third rounder?

How do you tell your team that you didn't do everything you could to help them win because you were afraid of losing out on the next Greg Dulcich? 

We're blasting Elijah Moore because he's not bought into winning football games and you're gonna pull THIS sh*t?

Russell Wilson was a 3rd rounder.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

One the doorstep of a super bowl or rebuilding those are the only two choices?

And what exactly is the doorstep of the super bowl? Where is making the playoffs? The front lawn? The sidewalk?

You do what you can to keep winning when you are winning. Unless you want to continue a losing culture of perpetual rebuilds. These are human beings playing this game, they're not thinking about how ******* awesome that third rounder is going to be. They could give a sh*t.

We don't even know if we have a QB.  

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What did you think we would be after ten games prior to season starting?

• Upvote 1