Update: Zach Wilson Sucks.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

He went on the road in one of the toughest stadiums to play in, lost his two top weapons In the first half against one of the best defenses in the league. Didn’t turn the ball over and played situational football when it mattered most. Wilson did not look good at all but ugly games are a thing and he didn’t give the game away. Hard to be mad about 5-2 after the last 12 years right now.

Lets also add in a terrible number of penalties as well. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jets723 said:

Ok……

I say this because Tannehill is what I consider to be a mediocre QB.  I think if average nothing special QB was defined he would be it.  Zach is worse than that.  I really don’t think it’s even close and anyone watching games and not trying to make excuses should see that. 

At the end of day I’m behind him but there’s literally nothing from last year to this year to suggest he will become anything more than he is.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We’re 5-2 and you bitches are constantly crying that the QB doesn’t look like Mahomes-lite.

This Denver defense just made Justin Herbert look like Mitch Trubisky last week.

I’m not sold on Wilson as the longterm guy either, but he’s not killing us right now and his natural talent is undeniable.

Now, if we reach the end of the season and he still looks like he hasn’t made substantial progress, then I agree. Look to make a move at QB in the offseason.

Now this is a fair and common sense assessment.  Agreed

• Haha 1

I know as Jets fans we are known for these kind of threads even after a win, but I have never thought the kid is as bad as some on here(Or elsewhere) make him out to be. Does he need to improve in more than one area of his game? Absolutely. But some I swear think he is the second coming of Browning Nagle.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

I say this because Tannehill is what I consider to be a mediocre QB.  I think if average nothing special QB was defined he would be it.  Zach is worse than that.  I really don’t think it’s even close and anyone watching games and not trying to make excuses should see that. 

At the end of day I’m behind him but there’s literally nothing from last year to this year to suggest he will become anything more than he is.  

Ok good for you 

I usually give a qb at least 2 years but this is not it. He plays scared. He never steps up in the pocket and plays like he is afraid to get hit. Accuracy is not there.. I think the only positive I can give is he’s allusive. Even then he doesn’t throw the ball away when he should. Never been more down after a win than I am now.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Cool Hwhip said:

I know as Jets fans we are known for these kind of threads even after a win, but I have never thought the kid is as bad as some on here(Or elsewhere) make him out to be. Does he need to improve in more than one area of his game? Absolutely. But some I swear think he is the second coming of Browning Nagle.

I dint think they hate him I just think they like to be proven right.  I’d rather win and be proven wrong rather than lose and pump my chest because I was proven right 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Don't compare Justin to Zach, ever. There's no resume of 400 yard 4 TD games for Zach. 

etc etc etc 

Zach could run backwards for an intentional safety and you call it quiet-genius.

The Jets have built a really good team. Too bad the best thing you can say about Zach is that he's resisting the urge to **** the bed constantly.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Don't compare Justin to Zach, ever. There's no resume of 400 yard 4 TD games for Zach. 

etc etc etc 

Zach could run backwards for an intentional safety and you call it quiet-genius.

And he is losing again to Seattle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Happy with the win!

Worried about the team’s QB.

Those two things aren’t contradictions.

If we won 47 to 40, I’d be happy with the win and worried about the defense.  (Maybe even happier with the win since a strong offense and QB play is often needed to match up with the strongest teams in the conference.)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, elvispookie said:

I usually give a qb at least 2 years but this is not it. He plays scared. He never steps up in the pocket and plays like he is afraid to get hit. Accuracy is not there.. I think the only positive I can give is he’s allusive. Even then he doesn’t throw the ball away when he should. Never been more down after a win than I am now.

OK pookie.