Update: Zach Wilson Sucks.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yeah, we’ve been tearing teams a new assh0le in the running game during that span.

If Hall didn’t get hurt today, he probably cracks 150+ on the ground against one of the staunchest defenses in the league.

It’s like some people want the Jets to start slinging the ball all over the place just to justify Wilson’s draft position.

Even if it’s at the detriment of the team as a whole.

Breece is likely done for the year and Zach will naturally have to shoulder more of the burden. If he shows no real signs of progress moving forward, then sure, the increased criticism will be well warranted and the Jets should at the very least bring in legit competition for next season.

But this team as it stands is one game behind Buffalo for the #1 seed in the AFC after consistently sucking dirty taint for the last 12 years.

There is zero question about it now with Hall down. 

Zach HAS to show he can sling it, starting next week. He has to show this offense can be balanced. 

There cant be a "wait and see approach" with this kid from this game on. We are 5-2 with legit playoff hopes now and we play NE/BUF/NE over the next 3. 

Belicheck is infamous for roasting QBs like Zach and Allen will score and score and score, even on this D, so Zach will have to step it up over the next 3. This isnt an optional thing. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You realize its not just pleased with Zachs play today or he is the worst QB to ever live right? There is some in between?

Absolutely.

Was he good? Of course not

How so?  What wasn't he good at, given what he was facing?

, did you honestly not see what he was up against?

A top NFL Defense at home without his #1 RB.  Yes, I saw the game.

What QB's thrive and look good in that situation? Asking for a friend

So you're saying thriving was impossible.

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Everyone is happy with the win. At the same time everyone should be concerned that our “franchise qb” is looking like a major bust. He hasn’t played good in any of his 4 starts

Point out where I denied that he played poorly today?

When I tried to dub wins with Flacco as “meaningless”, I ate downvotes while getting blasted by the same lot of people kicking and screaming right now about the wins with him being “meaningless”.  Truth be told, it sounds more and more with each passing week that replies to me were less about genuinely enjoying wins.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He didn’t play well today.  I’m not going to deny that.  I had a little moment with @Jet Nut over text, so he can attest to my displeasure and feeling that this level of QB play is below expectations.  That being said, some of you need to take the advice given to me (from some of you) at the beginning of the year and enjoy winning.

Trying to dude... but Zach was 4/8 for 18 yards in the first half before a couple prevent D gimmes at the end of the second... like talk about gross. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, JTJet said:

Zach HAS to show he can sling it, starting next week. He has to show this offense can be balanced. 

There cant be a "wait and see approach" with this kid from this game on. We are 5-2 with legit playoff hopes now and we play NE/BUF/NE over the next 3. 

Belicheck is infamous for roasting QBs like Zach and Allen will score and score and score, even on this D, so Zach will have to step it up over the next 3. This isnt an optional thing. 

Agreed

We’ll really see what the kid is made of over the next month. No question.

But there seems to be more incessant bitching around here while we’re off to our best start in over a decade than when we’ve been perpetual bottom feeders year in and year out.

It’s baffling 

I’m still enjoying this season immensely 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

joe burrow had more yards today (481) than Zach Wilson has had in his last 3 starts (441). It takes Wilson a month to do what a franchise qb can do in 1 game. 

This kid has started 4 games and has 1 td pass. Everyone should be concerned. 

Why should anyone be concerned?   This was a team that I figured would win 7 games all season.  The team that has 5 wins in 7 games.  The season will play out.   I suspect the Jets will play every game on the schedule.  There is no reason for concern.  We have no control.  I’m enjoying the team we actually have not the one I wish for.  

It’s a shame Hall is hurt and out for the season.  Next man up.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Trying to dude... but Zach was 4/8 for 18 yards in the first half before a couple prevent D gimmes at the end of the second... like talk about gross. 

Yeah, it was bad.  Trust me, I’m very aware of that.  By no means are you a part of the contingency I’m referring to.  I know you better than that.  That being said, we’re 5-2 right now, in the middle of our most difficult stretch of football games.  Let’s just enjoy it for now and not rip each other’s throats out in every single thread over this, y’know?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed

But there seems to be more incessant bitching around here while we’re off to our best start in over a decade than when we’ve been perpetual bottom feeders year in and year out.

It’s baffling 

This 

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Zach Wilson has a grand total of ONE touchdown pass this season. He is on pace for just over 2,000 yards, 4 touchdowns and 7 interceptions for the 2022 season. 

But he doesn’t need to throw TDs cuz of our awesome RB tandem!!!

Oops….

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

With these injuries, I'll be genuinely surprised if we don't lose our next 3 games.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Zach Wilson has a grand total of ONE touchdown pass this season. He is on pace for just over 2,000 yards, 4 touchdowns and 7 interceptions for the 2022 season. 

I actually think he looked better last year.

Just now, Untouchable said:

Agreed

It’s baffling 

I'm enjoying it as well but those of us that are realists are tending to get lumped in with the actual complainers. 

From a realistic perspective, we cannot win long term with Zach playing this way, it is in no way sustainable and that's where I think most people are coming from. 

His play will absolutely not get it done against the better teams in the league. 

• Upvote 4

Aright here’s my thing with Zach:

When under pressure he plays wayyyy too fast and transforms into playing street ball(mechanics all out the window) and it never works. 
Even the slightest pressure, he then feels he has to throw it 100mph. Simple side step, plant and throw would work. 
I don’t want to hear that he excels in the off script stuff. I think he’s made one good off script throw since being drafted. Plant and throw and his talent shines. 

Lefluer needs to move to the ultimate dink and dunk offense. Keep throws in front of him, stop the wr screens, just quick 5 yard chunks. 
Oh and just throw the fn ball away. Stop spinning for christ sake. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

With these injuries, I'll be genuinely surprised if we don't lose our next 3 games.

This is easily the most likely outcome and I think this forum gets a rude awakening coming out of the bye week. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Absolutely.

How so?  What wasn't he good at, given what he was facing?

A top NFL Defense at home without his #1 RB.  Yes, I saw the game.

So you're saying thriving was impossible.

Without his 1RB, with his Oline in shambles, with back breaking penalty after back breaking penalty, without probably his number 2 receiving option as well, and players in his face or in the backfield on 70%+ of the plays. Im not saying thriving was impossible, Im asking who thrives in that spot? He was over 60% accurate. He had a legit 6-7 throws that were really bad, he had no trust in his O line, it happens. The Jets won the game. He wasnt good, most QB's would look bad facing what he faced today. 

6 minutes ago, Stanley Blinka said:

No turnovers and escaping constant pressure.

His escapabillity is, I think everyone would agree, pretty special.  I'd like to go back tho and see what his production on those amazing scramble plays actually was, I don't think he actually got much out of all those escapes.

Today is not a day I give him as much credit for lack of turnovers, he made several plays that very much should have been, especially that fumble early that in my view was a clear fumble hat should have resulted in 7 for Denver.  The Refs helped give us the game with that call, and thank god they did as it turns out.  He also threw several passes that should have intercepted.  In fairness, we don't judge "shoulda", but today was not as good a day for Zach "avoiding turnovers", more a lucky day.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed but these will be worse losses!  :)

Eh.  To those who truly have kept a level head throughout this season, it will be expected.  5-2 doesn’t mean we’re ready for the big show against Buffalo.