Update: Zach Wilson Sucks.

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Point out where I denied that he played poorly today?

When I tried to dub wins with Flacco as “meaningless”, I ate downvotes while getting blasted by the same lot of people kicking and screaming right now about the wins with him being “meaningless”.  Truth be told, it sounds more and more with each passing week that replies to me were less about genuinely enjoying wins.

U didn’t say such things and I never accused you of that. You were saying people should enjoy the win. And we are.

But I think more people are starting to realize that ZW is not the answer. Or at the very least concerned with what he has shown this year 

we can enjoy the win and be concerned about the qbs play at the same time

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Aright here’s my thing with Zach:

When under pressure he plays wayyyy too fast and transforms into playing street ball(mechanics all out the window) and it never works. 
Even the slightest pressure, he then feels he has to throw it 100mph. Simple side step, plant and throw would work. 
I don’t want to hear that he excels in the off script stuff. I think he’s made one good off script throw since being drafted. Plant and throw and his talent shines. 

Lefluer needs to move to the ultimate dink and dunk offense. Keep throws in front of him, stop the wr screens, just quick 5 yard chunks. 
Oh and just throw the fn ball away. Stop spinning for christ sake. 

Yup. He has zero fundamentals. He needs to sit. He's effing terrible. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

His escapabillity is, I think everyone would agree, pretty special.  I'd like to go back tho and see what his production on those amazing scramble plays actually was, I don't think he actually got much out of all those escapes.

Today is not a day I give him as much credit for lack of turnovers, he made several plays that very much should have been, especially that fumble early that in my view was a clear fumble hat should have resulted in 7 for Denver.  The Refs helped give us the game with that call, and thank god they did as it turns out.  He also threw several passes that should have intercepted.  In fairness, we don't judge "shoulda", but today was not as good a day for Zach "avoiding turnovers", more a lucky day.

And Sauce should've been called for PI in the end zone.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’ll see how long those PVO vibes last.  

I along with everyone else truly hopes they do last, but hope isnt a tangible asset. 

I suspect theres going to be some serious vomit badges given out before christmas. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Without his 1RB, with his Oline in shambles, with back breaking penalty after back breaking penalty, without probably his number 2 receiving option as well, and players in his face or in the backfield on 70%+ of the plays. Im not saying thriving was impossible, Im asking who thrives in that spot?

I don't know.  Has anyone else been in that spot so we can compare?

Otherwise it's meaningless speculation.

He was over 60% accurate. He had a legit 6-7 throws that were really bad, he had no trust in his O line, it happens. The Jets won the game. He wasnt good, most QB's would look bad facing what he faced today. 

Ok, so he wasn't good.  I agree. 

But I'm giving a good faith effort to understand why many fans are still happy with him overall, hence the questions.  I'm happy to let his biggest supporters here explain what was good about him today, and this year, given his worst-in-NFL production to date in both 2021 and 2022.  Clearly, some folks are seeing something I'm not, so the best way to get to that is to ask, and let those who see something different explain it.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

A loss is one thing.  A non-competitive loss would be quite another.  

Not really.  I can only speak for myself, but I think Buffalo is, far and away, the best team in the league.  I truly believe their only threat is KC, and even then, I think they beat KC 9 out of 10 times.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

U didn’t say such things and I never accused you of that. You were saying people should enjoy the win. And we are.

But I think more people are starting to realize that ZW is not the answer. Or at the very least concerned with what he has shown this year 

we can enjoy the win and be concerned about the qbs play at the same time

There are at least two posters in the gameday thread who said they are “not even happy with this win.”

Obviously not EVERYONE is responding that way, but there are a few.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But I'm giving a good faith effort to understand why many fans are still happy with him overall, hence the questions.  I'm happy to let his biggest supporters here explain what was good about him today, and this year, given his worst-in-NFL production to date in both 2021 and 2022.  Clearly, some folks are seeing something I'm not, so the best way to get to that is to ask, and let those who see something different explain it.

I don't see a lot of people saying they are happy with him, I see a lot of people saying he sucks and is absolutey awful, and some people saying  lets see, I just don't see all the people saying how good he is tbh. I see a lot of people saying we are winning

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m waiting on that definition myself.  I’ve been told for a month that Zach has been making super obvious progress but have yet to see it.  My eyes must be lying to me.  

Are these the same eyes that absolutely guaranteed Josh Allen would be a complete and utter bust? same eyes? same lack of humility and admission that you don't know jack sh*t about football??

I don't see a lot of people saying they are happy with him, I see a lot of people saying he sucks and is absolutey awful, and some people saying  lets see, I just don't see all the people saying how good he is tbh. I see a lot of people saying we are winning

Perhaps you may want to chime in on this thread:  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m waiting on that definition myself.  I’ve been told for a month that Zach has been making super obvious progress but have yet to see it.  My eyes must be lying to me.  

I just see wins and some coaching that’s emphasizing the team’s strengths. It’s great to see honestly.

I’m trying my best, just having a hard time joining in the misery over these fourth Street wins. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll bite. He's clearly struggling with a whole plethora of stuff and yet in the midst of it he's not turning the ball over. I dunno. There's a fine line between not advancing the win vs giving the game away. And especially the last two weeks Wilson has at least avoided the latter. If he's going to build off anything and come out of this funk like he did the second half of last season, he's got more to work off of this time around. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Its killing you that we are winning. Lol

It’s possible to have 2 thoughts at the same time, ya know.  I’m happy we have a loaded roster and are winning because of it.  Im unhappy we have the worst starter in the league at the most important position on the field. 

Nuance just isn’t tolerable to some I suppose.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I'm enjoying it as well but those of us that are realists are tending to get lumped in with the actual complainers. 

From a realistic perspective, we cannot win long term with Zach playing this way, it is in no way sustainable and that's where I think most people are coming from. 

His play will absolutely not get it done against the better teams in the league. 

I get that

I’d be lying if I said I don’t wonder what this team would look like if Zach had already shown substantial signs of fulfilling his potential and we had our own Allen/Mahomes behind center.

He 100% needs to show growth over the rest of the season. And not just incremental signs either.

But there were many on this board who were proclaiming 2-15 or 3-14 after the opener.

Now we’re tied for the second best record in the AFC at roughly the halfway mark.

I’m just enjoying this team grinding out wins and giving me some enjoyable, edge of the seat Sunday’s for the first time in forever and hoping for the best.

Feels good

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I just see wins and some coaching that’s emphasizing the team’s strengths. It’s great to see honestly.

Would it surprise you to know I like these things, too?  I like good coaching, good talent and wins too.

I don’t like the simple truth that we need to go QB shopping yet again this offseason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'll bite. He's clearly struggling with a whole plethora of stuff and yet in the midst of it he's not turning the ball over. I dunno.

Would say that is because of the quality of his play, or luck?  The fumble today, and the many passes dropped by defenders for example?

Undoubtedly, his has not thrown INT's.  That is 100% true.  Same as it was late last year.

But he's also producing passing materially lower than pretty much any other starting QB in the NFL right now.  Is that a good tradeoff?  Maybe it is, when the D and TB's were playing so well.  

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There's a fine line between not advancing the win vs giving the game away. And especially the last two weeks Wilson has at least avoided the latter. If he's going to build off anything and come out of this funk like he did the second half of last season, he's got more to work off of this time around. 

We'll have to see how it goes.

I'm of the view that back to back lowest production QB in the NFL years is pretty fatal to ongoing investment and trust.  Sadly, so far, that seems to be where we're headed barring a heady turnaround and some high-yardage, high-TD count games.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1