17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Points allowed:

20 (Pitt)

17 (Miami)

10 (GB)

9 (Denver)

Me likey!

I do love it.

Pitt, no real QB.   Miami, 3rd string QB.   Denver, 2nd string QB.

You can only play your schedule, and the D has been a huge improvement from last year.

• Upvote 1

It's early on but this is starting to feel like Rex's '09-'10 teams.  Journeyman QB with otherwise good O, and top notch D.  However Salah's D manages to gets off the field on 3rd and long which Rex's team would seldom do.

I'm not talking about scheme just how it feels as a fan.  Top D and so so O is always a fun team to root for.  Hey, if it ever slows down for Zack we'll be great!     

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

It's early on but this is starting to feel like Rex's '09-'10 teams.  Journeyman QB with otherwise good O, and top notch D.  However Salah's D manages to gets off the field on 3rd and long which Rex's team would seldom do.

I'm not talking about scheme just how it feels as a fan.  Top D and so so O is always a fun team to root for.  Hey, if it ever slows down for Zack we'll be great!     

I don’t even think you can consider Zach and Sanchez journeyman QBs. They are bad QBs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I do love it.

Pitt, no real QB.   Miami, 3rd string QB.   Denver, 2nd string QB.

You can only play your schedule, and the D has been a huge improvement from last year.

To be fair, Miami was 2nd and 3rd string QB. You got to give credit to D for knocking out a QB while getting a safety.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's an amazing turnaround from last year.  Historic, really. 

Not sure any D has gone from where we were to where we are in such a short time.

Hopefully they can keep it up, we need them to do so!

This is so true.  How many games last year did we sit through where the defense couldn't force a punt?  It was hard to watch, with linebackers who were converted safeties, and late round draft choices and free agents filling the secondary, the defense was as bad as any Jet team I could remember.  The first couple of games were bad this year too.  Now the last four games we look like the best defense in the league.  I don't care what quarterbacks we are facing the change has been remarkable.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Defense has been excellent, but they have also had a ton of good fortune with who they have played, much like Zach will eventually have to prove it, this defense will have to prove it against a legit offense with a legit QB

Two weeks and counting . . .

Never thought we'd be willing to invest in the secondary so much with this coaching staff, but here we are.  And it has paid off HUGE.  Saleh and Ulbrich are definitely owed a few receipts.  I know that's not how receipts work but it was Saleh's method of choice to shut up us haters.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Sauce is getting that kind of reputation where the refs become a bit hesitant to pull out the flag - sort of like star treatment.  There were a couple of plays today where I think he caught a break...

Yea I thought for sure coming in to the league he'd get hit with flags. Still surprised that final play was not flagged.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's an amazing turnaround from last year.  Historic, really. 

Not sure any D has gone from where we were to where we are in such a short time.

Hopefully they can keep it up, we need them to do so!

The truly amazing thing was.. is Saleh called it. He said we would be one of the better defenses in the Summer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

To be fair, Miami was 2nd and 3rd string QB. You got to give credit to D for knocking out a QB while getting a safety.

And yet no one does. The media and fans basically downgrade the D's performance when they did what they should do and knock out the starting QB. Incredible 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I actually got a chuckle out of them going after Sauce in big moments. What a decision: He is even better than Revis was at the same point in their careers. He’s already building a reputation and that will help him get some favourable treatment. 

It still feels like TE’s are this groups kryptonite and better players will punish those LB’s but even they’ve upped their game from the early weeks. Not seeing running backs out of the backfield wide open on every play anymore. Joyner and Whitehead have both improved remarkably from where they were a few weeks ago.

The Bills in two weeks is the acid test.