Emotional Posters: Get a grip

You are mostly correct on your assessment. However, let's not turn the "blind eye" on some very questionable throws and plays. 

He needs to show a vast improvement moving forward and better decision-making-process. 

He still has a hero-ball mentality; either take the sack or get rid of the ball quicker.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Watching Kenny Pickett looking better than Zack Wilson isn’t really helping tonight 

well, imagine Pickett and playing behind this line and it might make you fell better.

Not making excuses for ZW, but it is hard to be in a grove when you are constantly running for your life and your lineman are attracting flags for holds, false starts, and illegally down field.

I am sure ZW played poorly, but when the team needed a drive in the 4th, we got one and without their best offensive player. Again, not pretty, and it isn't going to cut it against the elite teams, but a win against a strong defensive team playing in a very difficult stadium.

I am worried about the next 3 games, especially without Breece and AVT.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

LOL OP, first play of the game OC had Zack going long and he sailed it.  I think our OC is doing just fine.  We just played arguably the best D is the league.  Zack has a ways to go and hopefully he learns on the job as we pile up wins.  

I didn’t see the play so will take your word for it.   I like that call and would like to see more of that aggressiveness.  Ok he missed that one.

I’m not saying Zach is the guy.  I’m not saying he is not the guy.  I just don’t think it’s fair to conclude he sucks when you consider the context of the Jets last 4 games and the general role he has been playing.

• Upvote 2

The sheer bipolar insanity from suicidal to ecstasy that is the Manic Jets fan is what makes this place so incredibly valuable and entertaining: its the weeping well for the broken (and often stupid) souls that need to vent the vehement feelings that this Jets organization stirs within its moist loyal followers. 

Let them “Deshogar el llanto Que los consume desde los rincones profundos de sus almas para mantener sanidad

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. “Zach sucks!!”

2. “Season is over now that Breece is hurt.”

Maybe and maybe, but sleep on it and come back tomorrow with a little perspective.

5-2 .. learning how to win in the 4th quarter.  Sure, Zach did not look good for the second week in a row.  I’m not going to argue that.  

But these aren’t the types of games I expect Zach to look good at this point in his career (1 full NFL season of games).

Right now, he’s doing just enough to win with a beat up line, a dysfunctional & short handed wide receiver group, a devastating injury to Breece, and road games against Pitt, GB, & Denver.  PERSPECTIVE..

In my opinion, LaFleur is not calling games that will show very well on Zach’s stat line.  He is calling games to win and asking Zach to not turn the ball over.

Zach is at his best when he’s allowed to wing it and get in a rhythm.  The big plays he is more than capable of should make us forget the ugly plays he is also more than capable of (throws in the dirt, holding the ball too long ..).

I’d personally like to see LaFleur call a game that gets Zach going early.  His play calls have been ‘choppy’ at best as he tries to figure out how to use all his new assets and minimize a makeshift offensive line.

The one potential silver lining with Breece’s injury is that Zach now needs to perform.  It won’t be enough for him to be strictly a game manager (whatever you want to call his current role).  The 2022 Jets absolutely need to get a good read on who Zach Wilson is.  If all they want is a game manager who doesn’t turn the ball over, they are better off with a number of other QBs.

My hope is that they start to play to some of Zach’s strengths and try some different things like no huddle.  Without Breece, we need more of Zach whether some of you like it or not.  

napoleon dynamite thirst GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jeff smith and Mims were pathetic 

Understatement. They can't play offensive sets anymore. Period.

If Smith is indispensable on Specials, keep him there (although Boyer hasn't singled him out as one of the top guys). 

I really don't want to hear Mims name ever again. Get someone off the street. Try anyone else. 

I hope Moore realizes what a bad place he put this team in.

28 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Zach is at his best when he’s allowed to wing it and get in a rhythm.  The big plays he is more than capable of should make us forget the ugly plays he is also more than capable of (throws in the dirt, holding the ball too long ..).

This is crazypants 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I get the opposite feeling. "Zack Sucks" posts seem to be dominating. Just my imperfect observation.

Not talking about today. Haven’t read anything.  Was busy watching the game and then trying to get to the airport.

I guess today’s evidence was too overwhelming for even the biggest Wilson die-hards to try to shut down.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

How did Sauce look in person? Did the Denver fans expect to win? 

He looked good.  Tall, lean, relaxed and confident.

Looked like the plan was to have Sauce on 6’5” Sutton the entire game.

Sauce shut him down.  Rypien didn’t even look his way most of the game.

I noticed Sutton’s 1st catch came with DJR in coverage 

Broncos fans in my section were pretty quiet.  They know their season is lost.  

Once in awhile somebody would yell, “come on Rypien” or something cynical towards the head coach.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He looked good.  Tall, lean, relaxed and confident.

Looked like the plan was to have Sauce on 6’5” Sutton the entire game.

Sauce shut him down.  Rypien didn’t even look his way most of the game.

Broncos fans in my section were pretty quiet.  They know their season is lost.  

Once in awhile somebody would yell, “come on Rypien” or something cynical towards the head coach.

Good stuff. Interesting. Thanks.

Travel safe.

• Upvote 1