The Jets secondary

maury77

52 minutes ago, maury77 said:

The safeties were pretty bad for the first 3 weeks, but since week 4, has there been a better secondary in the NFL? I have a hard time imagining a pair of CBs in the NFL that, right now, are playing better than Reed and Sauce. 

Agreed, the safeties have good and bad moments but the key is they are getting turnovers, the CBs have been outstanding.  The Sauce pick was perhaps the best in the draft.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Agreed, the safeties have good and bad moments but the key is they are getting turnovers, the CBs have been outstanding.  The Sauce pick was perhaps the best in the draft.

Maybe it is just abject homerism, but I think Sauce is clearly better than Revis was his first year. I think you could make the argument he's the best corner in football right now and Reed is not all that far behind. Sauce entered the say with 9 PDs (tied 1st) and got 3 more today and 10 tackles as well. He is amazing.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

The safeties were pretty bad for the first 3 weeks, but since week 4, has there been a better secondary in the NFL? I have a hard time imagining a pair of CBs in the NFL that, right now, are playing better than Reed and Sauce. 

Joyner leave a lot to be desired in coverage but his big plays are making up for it.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ulbrich has done an excellent job with these guys.  He was one of the best, young defensive minds in the league and he is quickly becoming one of the best D coordinators in the league.  Outstand job by Coach Ulbrich.

I have been hard on him and he has turned it around. I was worried that it was either:

1. The scheme

2. The play calling

After last year when they couldn't stop anybody it seemed like it might be both. Early this year the defense was bad, even with improved talent. So then it seemed to be Ulbrich.

What a turn around though! Great to see.

• Upvote 2