Why any negativity?

6 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

The Jets are 5-2 best record in years, already won more in a year when all they expected was to be somewhat competitive. Zach is where he should be in year 2 not loosing games by foolishness, he’s not supposed to be great yet this was his first year in games completed . Defense is light years from last year. Remember most of us signed up for 7 wins and tight loses, Denver is a top 5 defense let the kid continue to learn not to loose then he will learn how to win.

You are right. A true Jets fan should thrilled, but as the Doors once sang people are strange!

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In the last few days:

Elijah moore demanded  a trade

AVT hurt

C Davis Hurt

Breece out for the year. 

I think there are some decent grounds for some negativity, but all of that is much easier to stomach with a 5-2 record and an elite defense/special teams. If Wilson can turn a corner one of these weeks.......

Tell me what true victories in life come without a few battle scars, tests of one’s resolve/will, or some slight trauma?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Agreed they have 5 wins already and some fans are all doom and gloom. We had 6 wins combined the last 2 years. Some fans just don’t know how to be happy.

It has NOTHING to do with that.

I predicted 8 wins this year.  Wish I would have taken that bet now (but, don't gamble). 

That said, it is GLARINGLY obvious that Zach isn't getting it.  Whether it is he just doesn't get it at all, or they are trying to make him something he is not, it ain't working.

Its great that we are 5-2.  Will do wonders for the moral of the team.  But we have faced 4 backups in our five wins.  We won't be beating Buffalo without an offense, no matter how good our D plays.

Zach isn't offering any hope that he can be that guy.  He has until the end of the year (obviously).  And it is in the teams (and obviously the fans) best interest to hope he succeeds.

But unless he does an about face in the next half of the season, we will be bringing in someone who can truly compete against him, because right now, he isn't much better than most of the backups in this league. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

It has NOTHING to do with that.

I predicted 8 wins this year.  Wish I would have taken that bet now (but, don't gamble). 

That said, it is GLARINGLY obvious that Zach isn't getting it.  Whether it is he just doesn't get it at all, or they are trying to make him something he is not, it ain't working.

Its great that we are 5-2.  Will do wonders for the moral of the team.  But we have faced 4 backups in our five wins.  We won't be beating Buffalo without an offense, no matter how good our D plays.

Zach isn't offering any hope that he can be that guy.  He has until the end of the year (obviously).  And it is in the teams (and obviously the fans) best interest to hope he succeeds.

But unless he does an about face in the next half of the season, we will be bringing in someone who can truly compete against him, because right now, he isn't much better than most of the backups in this league. 

Have you watched the QB play around the league? News flash: ALOT of QBs are struggling big time, actually most of them are. So yes Zach is struggling but I think he’ll be fine long run. Hes not turning the ball over and he’s coming into his own. But when you say “bring in someone to compete with him”. Who the heck do you think will be available lol? Maybe Sam Darnold. 

QB aside the team is doing great. Looks like it could be the best defense in the NFL

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

34 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In the last few days:

Elijah moore demanded  a trade

AVT hurt

C Davis Hurt

Breece out for the year. 

I think there are some decent grounds for some negativity, but all of that is much easier to stomach with a 5-2 record and an elite defense/special teams. If Wilson can turn a corner one of these weeks.......

Where did you read Breece is dine for the year? I'm trying to be positive that we just didn't  have a career changing injury here. ACL injuries can be bad but sometimes they  are just a regular sprain. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

If we all got face to face, there would still be opposite opinions, but the unreasonable nastiness would go away when people are not allowed to be anonymous.

true. but alot of the nastiness is coming from the Zach diehards.

i seen people called A-holes, dicks, stupid. even one guy in the game thread got warn by crush about insulting people. the Zach die hards act like you just insulted their son.

he is just a player on your football team. the insults need to stop on posters. 

• Post of the Week 2

38 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Zach sux. He's no good now and he will NEVER amount to anything. Cut him and start Mikey. Then after the season, draft another QB. If he sux after 17 games cut him too and do it all over again. Yeah baby!

sackdance gave me a neg rep. Whoever that is. lol

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

true. but alot of the nastiness is coming from the Zach diehards.

i seen people called A-holes, dicks, stupid. even one guy in the game thread got warn by crush about insulting people. the Zach die hards act like you just insulted their son.

he is just a player on your football team. the insults need to stop on posters. 

Good points. Extremism on both sides needs to stop. We can still have opinions though and have rigorous debate. 

This is too good of a site and board to have the insults. So much of online posting is insults and trash, I get it. But there are a lot of folks here who like to talk about all things Jets (and like to talk about all things in general). We're going to lose a good number of people who can't stand the diatribe. And then we're left with the dregs.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Have you watched the QB play around the league? News flash: ALOT of QBs are struggling big time, actually most of them are. So yes Zach is struggling but I think he’ll be fine long run. Hes not turning the ball over and he’s coming into his own. But when you say “bring in someone to compete with him”. Who the heck do you think will be available lol? Maybe Sam Darnold. 

QB aside the team is doing great. Looks like it could be the best defense in the NFL

maybe Minchew. i think he is a FA.

QBs maybe be struggling. but Zach is statistically the worst. i know he played less games. look at the Avgs

• Upvote 2