A Humble Request for Mike LaFleur

34 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Honestly I haven't put much serious thought into it. I'm sure there's a reason behind it. It should be tried at least I guess.

Because McGovern serves more as a mere speed bump than the initial and crucial push for the QB to follow/lunge behind towards the abstract4th dimensional plane of the end zone/1st down marker

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Coach ,

I understand the absurdity in the request. You are at the peak of your profession coaching the offense for one of only 32 NFL teams and doing it quite well. I am a middle aged dude who goes by by the name Barry McCockinner on the Internet.

There is no good reason for you to listen to me other than this. The great ones will leave no stone unturned and look for ways to improve at all times.

My request is a simple one. There is an age old football play that seems to have not found it's way into your playbook for whatever reason. This play is very simple and specific to very short yardage situations. The QB sneak. Can we please hurry to the ball and rip off a quick sneak on 3rd and less than a yard?

Thank you for the consideration and God speed.

Have you seen Zach run the QB sneak ? For that matter have you seen how terrible Wilson is at running a simple screen ? I really want Zach to "GET IT" but he just does not he stinks and will continue to stink he is just not a good QB and when you can't do anything relatively good you don't just improve at all of it in a short time .

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Coach ,

I understand the absurdity in the request. You are at the peak of your profession coaching the offense for one of only 32 NFL teams and doing it quite well. I am a middle aged dude who goes by by the name Barry McCockinner on the Internet.

There is no good reason for you to listen to me other than this. The great ones will leave no stone unturned and look for ways to improve at all times.

My request is a simple one. There is an age old football play that seems to have not found it's way into your playbook for whatever reason. This play is very simple and specific to very short yardage situations. The QB sneak. Can we please hurry to the ball and rip off a quick sneak on 3rd and less than a yard?

good point.  there are other third and 1 plays besides line plunges.

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not sure I understand the premise of the thread - the Jets have run a bunch of sneaks with Wilson, including one at the goal line last week in Green Bay? 

I guess I'm having trouble remembering them. There was a 3rd and 1 situation late in the game when it was still 10-9 where we ended up not making it and kicking the FG. I was frustrated because it seemed like such an obvious hurry up and fall forward for the easy first down spot. Then there was another similar spot not too long after where we ended up passing (and thankfully converting). Years of watching Brady make this a "gimme" play haunting me I guess.

probably just the beer talking.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I guess I'm having trouble remembering them. There was a 3rd and 1 situation late in the game when it was still 10-9 where we ended up not making it and kicking the FG. I was frustrated because it seemed like such an obvious hurry up and fall forward for the easy first down spot. Then there was another similar spot not too long after where we ended up passing (and thankfully converting). Years of watching Brady make this a "gimme" play haunting me I guess.

probably just the beer talking.

I wanted a sneak there, as well 

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Coach ,

I would rather the quick slant... Seems that play got left back on the floor for his 10th misdirection play

• Thumb Down 1