After today, do we scale back a little on the Elijah Moore hate?

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

I hope it looks like the 4th Q vs Pittsburgh. 

Sunday will be a good indicator of where this team is going fo rthe rest of the year.  We dont have to win Sunday, we we have to be competant through the air.  If Zach cant throw for more then 200 yards a nd 2 tds, the outlook is not going to be good.

Breece hall was out floaties in the pool.  We are now going to either sink or swim.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Now I am not justifying what he did and it was unacceptable, but watching our passing game today, did anyone think to themselves, "Ok, I get what Elijah is upset about".  Lets be honest, this is the worst passing offense in the league and looks to be getting worse by the game.

No. I thought - damn, it really sucks Elijah chose THIS week to knife his team in the back. We really could have used him out there once Davis couldn't play. 

• Upvote 2

Yes, Moore asked for a trade but I think you guys are forgetting that it was the Jets who deactivated him for today’s game. Moore never asked out.

We won, so they got away with it. This week with Breece on the shelf, the CS is going to have to take a hard look at how they get not only Moore involved but Garrett Wilson also.

If it turns out they can’t, and the reason is a lack of confidence in, or the skill set of the QB, that’s a problem. Then they have to decide if they want to gamble on screwing up what looks like a top level playoff team trying to develop a kid who is most likely a lost cause, or make a change.

I’m not a believer in him, but I’m also not one of those who has been bouncing thread to thread bashing Zach Wilson this season. I’ve watched these WRs put up #’s with other QBs on this roster though. If Zach doesn’t start looking alive, how long can you stick with him?

Patience is one thing, but is it worth sabotaging this season trying to turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok, and when we "let it loose" you see it suddenly becoming successful?

I mean, if that is the case, wouldnt we be doing that already?

No reason to do it when the Jets are winning. And, when they did need it they turned it on in the 4th Q in Pittsburgh to win, right?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So it’s not Mimsey  time anymore? 

Earlier this week, when everyone (especially Joe W.) was suddenly singing the praises of “Mimsy”, I was one of the very few who wondered aloud how Moore asking to be traded suddenly turned a third year bust into a viable NFL player.

Narrater: He never got an answer.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Help me out here…

I’m amazed how many of the PVO guys here cling so tightly to that 4th quarter against Pittsburgh, yet they insist that Mike White’s game against Cincinnati meant nothing.

Why is that?

Too much draft capital by the team and too much emotional investment by the fans into Zach Wilson?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Too much draft capital by the team and too much emotional investment by the fans into Zach Wilson?

I get what you’re saying, and I don’t disagree with the draft capital part, but I think the team has more emotional investment in Wilson than the fans do right now. 
Going by what I see here… there are a handful like @Jets723 @Hal N of Provo and maybe a few others who still believe in him, but I think the vast majority realize how bad he’s been. If he continues playing like this, I don’t see how they can justify running him out there again next year and convincing the fan base it’s the right thing to do.

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Saleh handled things very well with Eli. Praised his character publicly. Sat him out one game. Now they all move forward from here together.

Max, I realize this thread is about Elijah, but let’s be honest here. He’s not the one fans are concerned about going forward with in this passing game.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I get what you’re saying, and I don’t disagree with the draft capital part, but I think the team has more emotional investment in Wilson than the fans do right now. 
Going by what I see here… there are a handful like @Jets723 @Hal N of Provo and maybe a few others who still believe in him, but I think the vast majority realize how bad he’s been. If he continues playing like this, I don’t see how they can justify running him out there again next year and convincing the fan base it’s the right thing to do.

True but Mike White was about a full calendar year ago.  There were a lot more people who believed in Zach just a few weeks ago than there are right now.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Now I am not justifying what he did and it was unacceptable, but watching our passing game today, did anyone think to themselves, "Ok, I get what Elijah is upset about".  Lets be honest, this is the worst passing offense in the league and looks to be getting worse by the game.

What's sad is we have the worst passing offense and if Zach continues to sh*t all over his bed and this team they would probably put in Joe Flacco rather than Mike White. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True but Mike White was about a full calendar year ago.  There were a lot more people who believed in Zach just a few weeks ago than there are right now.  

With the Defense we have if Mike White runs the offense we have a chance. Watching Wilson throw for 100 yards a game, have no clue WTF is going on in the pocket is excruciating to watch at this point. Its also hard to watch him throw in front of the god damn first down marker by 5 yards over and over while we have players open 5 yards past the marker. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Yes, Moore asked for a trade but I think you guys are forgetting that it was the Jets who deactivated him for today’s game. Moore never asked out.

We won, so they got away with it. This week with Breece on the shelf, the CS is going to have to take a hard look at how they get not only Moore involved but Garrett Wilson also.

If it turns out they can’t, and the reason is a lack of confidence in, or the skill set of the QB, that’s a problem. Then they have to decide if they want to gamble on screwing up what looks like a top level playoff team trying to develop a kid who is most likely a lost cause, or make a change.

I’m not a believer in him, but I’m also not one of those who has been bouncing thread to thread bashing Zach Wilson this season. I’ve watched these WRs put up #’s with other QBs on this roster though. If Zach doesn’t start looking alive, how long can you stick with him?

Patience is one thing, but is it worth sabotaging this season trying to turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad?

I think you are letting the Denver game overly influence your opinion of Zack.  Denver is the #1 pass defender in the league.  Most QB's will look bad.

Zack has looked like he'd been improving prior to this.  I'm just saying the jury is still out and at 5-2 in a 17 game season, the season is still young.           

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Max, I realize this thread is about Elijah, but let’s be honest here. He’s not the one fans are concerned about going forward with in this passing game.

As far as I know, nobody said anything otherwise.